Where do I learn to RP good

fisheman

Fisheman forum name with Jhon Salmon  IGN and class bait post, you're a legend buddy.

Read the rules, read some RP showcase, watch some vids and maybe imitate some movies, immerse yourself and try to act as realistic to your role as possible maybe add a few fun twists to it, hotkey some emotes that apply to your character, learn to use /me and /do and Godspeed brother.

I also came from LSRP and LSRP is nothing like this, LSRP was running around with Spaz-12 obliterating cops and having Los Santos Vagos mass 20 people with guns until SWAT had to come - and at times we destroyed the SWAT team too lmao, not the same my friend.

Edited by Marocafella
  • Upvote 1

My advice like others is to join a faction. This is a multi-player game and is meant to be played with other people and to make friends.

The way that I learned to roleplay is 95% from those around me and 5% from guides. I'm not saying guides are not a good resource, because they DEFINITLY are. But often times they only give you guidelines for a certain stereotype of roleplay. One thing to note is that roleplay is about being creative. Use those guides as a starting point for your character and then roleplay and interact with others. Develop and grow your character based on your actual RP interactions.

Back to what I was originally saying: Learn from others. Observe how they write /mes and how they talk in character. Believe it or not punctuation goes a long way to make your character more believable.

ASK QUESTIONS. If you join a faction, ask the leaders of that faction and even those around you for feedback. Chances are that your fellow members and especially the leaders want the faction you are RPing with to look good and provide good RP to the commudnity as a whole. In my experience faction leaders would rather you ask if something makes sense or not then do something stupid and unrealistic.

As a side and slightly unrelated noted: I'm proud that even though this thread could seem a little trollish, there are still people offering help and advice. The roleplay community has come a long way since I first started and is genuinely a lot more welcoming and supportive of new players.

• Upvote 1

As someone whos joined rp from tdm servers the way I learned stuff is simple. I read the rules a few times and observed how everyone around me roleplayed. i applied common sense and tried to adapt to the server standards.

i went from spamming cbug with sniper shotgun to spamming /me and /do. kinda sad when i think about it but it is what it is.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Invictus said:

As someone whos joined rp from tdm servers the way I learned stuff is simple. I read the rules a few times and observed how everyone around me roleplayed. i applied common sense and tried to adapt to the server standards.

i went from spamming cbug with sniper shotgun to spamming /me and /do. kinda sad when i think about it but it is what it is.

Bro, facts. I used to be obsessed with 1v1 cbug gunfights . Then I found my first rp server and I got banned lmao. Then I ban evaded twice , but keep mind I was only 12 years old at the time . And then I learned how to rp through a faction . I don’t rp anymore I grew out of it , sometimes I want to go back to it. But I realize how stale it’s gotten over the years .

Edited by Tingtingbingding
  • Upvote 1