Where do I learn to RP good

fisheman

Update I got accepted on another RP server now Iam learning to RP good my IG name is John_Salmon because Jhon is not realistic name well I will keep you guys updated when my English improve and I become a good rpier I will appeal after one month thank you guys for your support

• Upvote 10
6 hours ago, fisheman said:

Update I got accepted on another RP server now Iam learning to RP good my IG name is John_Salmon because Jhon is not realistic name well I will keep you guys updated when my English improve and I become a good rpier I will appeal after one month thank you guys for your support

Jhon is perfectly realistic depending on your character's nationality.

My advice? Read a book, that and other people's roleplays are always a good way to get a feel for a server. Good luck on your new character, I hope it works out for you.

• Upvote 1

Sir the admin told me to change my name or I wont get accepted and said I have bad English but if I change my name he will accept me well I changed my IG name to John Salmon and I got accepted which book should read to become good rpier

5 minutes ago, Frakkennewguy said:

Jhon is perfectly realistic depending on your character's nationality.

My advice? Read a book, that and other people's roleplays are always a good way to get a feel for a server. Good luck on your new character, I hope it works out for you.

• Upvote 1

Any book my friend, there's a whole world of variety and opportunity in books. Being a good RPer isn't just about your English, though I won't lie that definitely helps if you can square that away. It's about understanding the flow of scenes, communication, action and consequence. Good RP is more about adaptability than it is flowery prose or dense writing.

Reading good books is a great way to get that feel for back and forth with other people. It can also help with learning grammar.

• Upvote 3

Why would you join another roleplay server if you already struggle with roleplaying? 

Don’t go to any servers, read guides and read up on the rules prioritize the ones that emphasize “you are not your character” so you understand what it means to roleplay without emotional attachment to your character and lack of fear in your character as well. (This is something 95%+ of players don’t know how or want to do because they have these immature egos and it needs to change)

when you come back join a faction or join an ic trucker business of theres one. Don’t lone wolf, you’ll get bored fast and lose the foundation of what it means to be an acceptable role player but the servers standards that is. 

TLDR: don’t listen to anyone telling you join another server if your problem is roleplay quality that’s just stupid.

join a faction don’t lone wolf, you’ll last longer and won’t get banned for dumb shit.

Edited by Smoked U
  • Upvote 1

Practice and observe! Which sounds counterproductive when you have been banned from the server but if you have access to other servers to get experience on you will be fine. 

Don't be afraid to just get stuck in. There will always be people who are elitist in these circles but most are willing to help so long as your lack of experience doesn't greatly effect their own experience. 

Anyone who says they don't look back on their first, second, or even fifth character, and cringe at how they used to RP, is probably lying. But those characters can still bring fun to you and others and they're essential in creating the foundation for what could become an amazing 10th character and so on. 

Keep trying, watch TV and read books to get a feel for dialogue and getting that back and forth, listen to (constructive) criticism and also remember it's just a game and as long as you are following server rules and have a faction or group of people who enjoy what you do then that's all that matters. 

Have fun mate and maybe see you back on the server in future 🫡

• Upvote 2