Remove Good Cause From CCW application

2 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

I don't believe it will either, but it will at least give civilians to he chance to defend themselves and others in certain situations, even in those that aren't robberies but which a firearm may be required to diffuse a situation, deter or eliminate threats to life. As I also said, players at the very least deserve the right to contest firearms laws IC without ooc interference which is the main point of the topic I believe.

The only thing it'll cause is more civvies acting like cops and shooting people up without proper justification in my eyes, it happened in the past, it'll happen again... If they are trying to contest the firearm laws ICly, then why was an OOC suggestion made instead of contacting senators and proposing ideas and plans to them?

17 minutes ago, Timzii said:

The only thing it'll cause is more civvies acting like cops and shooting people up without proper justification in my eyes, it happened in the past, it'll happen again... If they are trying to contest the firearm laws ICly, then why was an OOC suggestion made instead of contacting senators and proposing ideas and plans to them?

Because they were blocked by administration from doing so, which again is why the topic is being made because there's no other choice.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Moonsong said:

Because they were blocked by administration from doing so, which again is why the topic is being made because there's no other choice.

Understandable, but in the end, I still don't believe removing the good cause from the app will improve the situation in any way regardless.

1 hour ago, Timzii said:

I believe punishing a player demographic because what a couple people did should be justifiable. 
Then we can simply support other rule changes like making it basically impossible for illegal characters to get into legal situations because there are people who misuse those opportunities. (Which isn't something I support either.) 
I think the misuse should be case to case instead of blocking a LOT of people from getting a gun. At the end of the day this is a game and situations like these just shows admin team hate legal rpers. I don't want this server to turn into a cops vs thieves server. Unfortunately all signs suggest we're going that way. 

While I agree that the good cause requirement is requiring a bit more effort and the applicant's time, I don't know how it's "blocking" anyone. CCWs are being handed out to people on a daily basis, and there are a lot of characters holding CCW today. These characters' lives could be in danger for many different reasons and they were able to adequately explain this in the application.

Good Cause requirement is not blocking, it's restricting, which was a good solution to CCW misuse. Adding this requirement solved a major problem. The problem wasn't just about "a few people". It was a large number of characters who were using CCW unrealistically and without a legit purpose. It's kinda funny that you're claiming that the "admin team hates legal rpers", because of this rule addition. It's still better to have this requirement than seeing tons of people misusing guns - or carrying those without a real purpose really.

Edited by TBA
27 minutes ago, TBA said:

It's still better to have this requirement than seeing tons of people misusing guns - or carrying those without a real purpose really.

or just ban guns entirely at this point because everyone is treating this server like a looter shooter lmao

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, TBA said:

While I agree that the good cause requirement is requiring a bit more effort and the applicant's time, I don't know how it's "blocking" anyone. CCWs are being handed out to people on a daily basis, and there are a lot of characters holding CCW today. These characters' lives could be in danger for many different reasons and they were able to adequately explain this in the application.

Good Cause requirement is not blocking, it's restricting, which was a good solution to CCW misuse. Adding this requirement solved a major problem. The problem wasn't just about "a few people". It was a large number of characters who were using CCW unrealistically and without a legit purpose. It's kinda funny that you're claiming that the "admin team hates legal rpers", because of this rule addition. It's still better to have this requirement than seeing tons of people misusing guns - or carrying those without a real purpose really.

A lot of people can not get ccw for a variety of reasons, be it the poorly worded exam or CCW. 
CCW is illegal in real life due to literally being against second amendment and oocly being blocked from taking ic action against the rules isn't nice. 
On the other hand, legal characters are basically punching bags to illegals right now. If the CCW was needed, then what will be done to stop illegal chars from robbing every legal character who in truth are nothing more than lootboxes for illegals to rob? 

40 minutes ago, TBA said:

Also if there is a good cause requirement for legal characters, I want admins to make it harder for illegals to get guns. On my illegal char it took me what? A week to get several guns. Illegal factions are handing guns out to their players left and right. The funny thing is you can also get a gun quite easily without being part of any illegal faction. It's stupidly easy. 
It doesn't make sense when every illegal and their moms can get a gun quite easily but legal characters are restricted to a point that more than half legal characters can't get CCW or even a gun. 

Edited by BullChan
On 7/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, TBA said:

You don't need a purpose to carry a gun. This is America.

9 hours ago, normandy said:

You don't need a purpose to carry a gun. This is America.

Yet, murders and robberies, per capita on this server, exceed the murders and robberies that happen on a global level. If we want U.S. Laws, then it'd be great if the server followed such realism more universally.

• Upvote 1