Is it me or.. the removal of /vpark is a bad idea (at the current state of RageMP, sync wise)

Vash Baldeus

I think you're all way too fast to judge a system that has been live on the server for less than 24 hours so far. 

I've been going through these comments and frankly I can't seem to understand what's the big deal. The only real difference is the fact you can no longer /vpark your vehicle anywhere you like at any given time. However, you are still able to respawn it (which also fixes the vehicle damages) at your property / garage.

If you want to secure your vehicle - upgrade its lock and alarm systems. Not enough? Buy or rent a garage to park your vehicles in. Some 'RAGE Desync' has damaged your vehicle? Respawn it at your property. Vehicle has flipped / drown for whatever reason which you cannot handle IC - /report for administrator's assistance in-game (same as you've been doing until now pretty much). Either way you will have to start watching your driving from now on. No more speeding through empty intersections and pulling off stunts without having to deal with their consequences.

Sure - there will be flaws. What system doesn't have them? With that being said you all need to keep in mind that we're striving towards realism and at the same time trying to make the game as enjoyable as possible to all of our players. If we come to realize the system is not in our best interest changes will be made. However, it is way to early to have this discussion in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Its a good idea and I love that there is no more stash cars. This simple move reshaped the economy a little. Mining is done different now. No more bulk sales -and if so the ores are stored to a warehouse or a vehicle that actually exists on the "world" so they can be robbed. It also makes people to drive more carefully and avoid going off road so much (in the dark at least). Garages now have more opportunities to do something other then tuning jobs.

And for the desyncing issues -I think there was a command to respawn your car.

I love the amount of realism this would add. However I'd like to make suggestion.
I know we can buy a garage box or rent one (They're hard to find.. for me, so far. But I believe the system isn't fully working yet?)

However it might be an idea to implement so called "Underground" car parks.

The player would be able to type /vpark at realistic garage locations infront of a closed garage door and park their car "under ground". 
This will despawn the vehicle. 

We could have like 8-10 of these underground parking lots around the map, with a limit of let's say 200-250 cars.

- It would surely help the server client. Less damage on syncronisation.

- Players would be able to park their (second) car in there.

- Cheaper solution compared to owning your own garage or renting a garage box.

- Realistic.

3 hours ago, Triple-J said:

I love the amount of realism this would add. However I'd like to make suggestion.
I know we can buy a garage box or rent one (They're hard to find.. for me, so far. But I believe the system isn't fully working yet?)

However it might be an idea to implement so called "Underground" car parks.

The player would be able to type /vpark at realistic garage locations infront of a closed garage door and park their car "under ground". 
This will despawn the vehicle. 

We could have like 8-10 of these underground parking lots around the map, with a limit of let's say 200-250 cars.

- It would surely help the server client. Less damage on syncronisation.

- Players would be able to park their (second) car in there.

- Cheaper solution compared to owning your own garage or renting a garage box.

- Realistic.

Another possibility would be secure parking, we've got so many huge secure parking structures on the map, if it was possible to code these in it could be set up so that no one can break into a vehicle here due to these complexes having security. And since this would be a physical location it would also deter people from attempting to hide a stash car inside because who knows when a police K9 unit might be passing through.

• Upvote 1

I actually like the idea of secure car parks. Sell them in pitch auctions and let the owners charge sorta a rent for using them.

E.g. a secure car park may charge $50 per paycheck per car parked inside to the vehicle owners when they're online. Or like a weekly thing "Pay $X to reserve a car park for a week"

Edited by Conway

Man oh man, I'm struggling with this. On one hand I like the idea of cars being parked in driveways and in parking lots. But on the the hand I do believe that this raises more immersion breaking that benefits.

Personally I've never had too big an issue with sync. However I get that people who drive in large groups (MCs, Street Racers) experience it. I have no experience to comment on whether sync a big enough problem.

My issue is that it seems to be a feature that was introduced without balance. We can no longer "park" our cars, but there is no system in place to compensate from that. I get that we can park it in a garage, but not all homes have a garage. In fact, some of the poorest areas, most likely to suffer from vehicle crime, have none at all. Characteristic? Maybe.

In fact, forget all that, I'm just gonna say it. We removed the ability to script rob stores because it was being abused. And now we've added a feature that essentially allows people to script rob vehicles. How are these two different? I have no doubt that vehicle thefts are gonna be abused. Was this even considered when removing vPark?

Any feature added to a MMO system needs to be considered fully. Think about the worst possible outcome that can happen with a feature, and then accept that as a certainty. If that certainty is acceptable, then the feature should be included.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to logging in to RP and having to spend the next few hours tracking down my car. Once is a sub-plot. More than once is a chore.

Just now, A_Acko said:

I think /vpark had more realism than this because there’s never before been so many vehicles stolen in one day

That's another good point, I don't think that it's realistic to have tons of vehicles stolen in one day like we have now... but... I heard that they going to force and report an admin before you will be able to steal a vehicle for the spam sake

38 minutes ago, PandaGaming said:

That's another good point, I don't think that it's realistic to have tons of vehicles stolen in one day like we have now... but... I heard that they going to force and report an admin before you will be able to steal a vehicle for the spam sake

Car thief should be one of the scripted jobs but for that we need a 7 day job cool down back. Some people are breaking into cars just for the fun of it or to look for guns, robbing people for the guns as well, even forget to ask for the wallet - well most actually I can assume. Its a trait from LSRP.

But no matter what, having cars not despawning was the single most advancive feature on the last half a year. A one that completely reshaped the economy and a day to day thinking patterns.