New /openbusiness Rule

slick!

4db9838cb079e5d1a2d20990204993ae.png

After the most current restart, a rule that any unique item stores are no longer allowed to use their government bonuses. The only businesses that are now allowed to use the government bonuses are bars and stores that do not sell scripts (gyms, etc.). 

This really is demotivating for the creation of unique businesses, rather than the typical bar/nightclub, and is just promoting the mentality of only creating bars and nightclubs because they just work, and attract the most common type of player. Places like restaurants (Wook's, Pearl's, Split Kippers) will no longer be able to pay the mass amount of employees they have to promote roleplay, and other more roleplay oriented businesses like small cornerstores and such won't be able to survive the overhead due to not being able to pay employees because hardly anyone enters their business. 

TLDR:

bar bad, unique store good, i want government bonus to pay my employees

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

@Nervous When I ran the import store, I would charge literally tens of dollars because I was in it for the RP. The govt bonus checks were just there to support creating content and pay for my employees. Now people are going to be forced into hiking up prices of goods. 

Edited by changooman
  • Upvote 1

I'm currently running several 'nightlife' establishments on the server.

Despite this, I find it unfair if custom script shops were to suffer under people like me, running nightlife establishments such as bars, clubs, and the like.

I think it'd encourage the employees and owners to RP something unique rather than being a bar or the like, if they were to receive governmental money for their openings. One's profits and motivation shouldn't suffer over their preference over what they wish to run as an establishment.

I would love to see the thinking process when implementing this, because surely paying now 500+ for any item would push people away from buying anything, the entrance fee payment gave the owner some money out of it, where he could then just make cheap various items ($10-$50) with /createitem just for roleplay purposes, not really making money off the createitem items. 

The ONLY thing this will do is encourage everybody who had any sort of outlet apart from a bar/club to open one of those.

EDIT:

nvm, Nervous clarified this on discord :

Usage of /openbusiness is restricted to:
Night clubs
Bars
Any business which does not have a business script set up but needs the government bonus to survive
Any creative shop selling low value items such as ice creams shops, restaurants etc.

Edited by effion

I heavily disagree with this, running a store myself. Why should bars and clubs get to get the entry bonus, as well as get to charge entry fees into the club to make more money, while I'll have to be forced into selling packets of Ramen for insane amounts of money to try and make up for the money? No one is going to pay 1 grand for a single item.

1 minute ago, effion said:

The ONLY thing this will do is encourage everybody who had any sort of outlet apart from a bar/club to open one of those.

EDIT:

nvm, Nervous clarified this on discord :

Usage of /openbusiness is restricted to:
Night clubs
Bars
Any business which does not have a business script set up but needs the government bonus to survive
Any creative shop selling low value items such as ice creams shops, restaurants etc.

So who exactly are they targetting, here? What other businesses are there?

aPlpZHP.png

Hi guys! Nervous just updated the rules.

A clarification for the /openbusiness allowance: The script is meant to support businesses that have no passive income, or suffer without support due to the nature of the business.

This means cafes, juice bars, restaurants and other similar business can use it.

Tattoo parlors, gun stores, tool stores, grocery stores, phone stores stores, liquor stores, mechanics,  jewelry stores (both /createitem and the normal script for them), expensive clothing stores, and trucking companies are not allowed to use it.

If your business is split into several properties, you should not use it more than once.

Example A: Your character has one business, but due to its size, it's split into two buildings. You can not use /openbusiness at both buildings to double that 20K income.

Example B: Your character owns a gun store and a gun range in the back. You can not use /openbusiness for the range, or the store.

Edited by Bombie
  • Upvote 5