New property changes discussion

Timzii

The revamp of the system is to bring in realism, I know 40,000$ per week you received was fair according to same people but it clearly isn't. It's just a waste, people don't RP at something, this system will remove the barrier and improve the RP circumstances involved in phasing a new situation. 

40,000$ is trash, you pay less than 35,000$ for a variety of leased businesses that can bring alot of money. The income is good but that is because It's a business, It's supposed to make you income. It's not like houses can ever be business and businesses can ever be a house.

If a garage brings in 300-400,000$ per week that is because, people RP there. You barely see someone role-playing at a house rather than just being there when they are tired and stay AFK. 
- This doesn't apply to everyone but it is true and infact, everyone does it. You can keep denying the fact.

Edited by WolfieLULZ

I see a lot of mechanic numbers thrown around in this thread without any evidence of that, or realistic comparisons.

In a mechanic garage, there are expenses. Components costs money. Employees wants paychecks. Roleplay is being conducted.

As a home owner, what have you done that is comparable to this example? Because if the answer is "I typed a command, set my house as rentable and picked up paychecks without interacting with tenants every week", I don't think there is a solid argument to be made there.

Edited by Thirteen
  • Upvote 3
Just now, Thirteen said:

I see a lot of mechanic numbers thrown around in this thread without any evidence of that, or realistic comparisons.

In a mechanic garage, there are expenses. Components costs money. Employees wants paychecks. Roleplay is being conducted.

As a home owner, what have you done that is comparable to this example? Because if the answer is "I typed a command, set my house as rentable and picked up paychecks without interacting with tenants every week", I don't think there is a solid argument to be made there.

Stupid question, though I wish to ask - will there be a fix for hotels rooms? It seems they are never available. Would it not make sense to set them up as rent-only, to double as both temporary housing and a money-sink?

Just now, DasFroggy said:

Stupid question, though I wish to ask - will there be a fix for hotels rooms? It seems they are never available. Would it not make sense to set them up as rent-only, to double as both temporary housing and a money-sink?

We are literally making a few more motels as we speak. That is a bit irrelevant to the discussion though, so please avoid derailing the topic further with that, please.

Just now, Thirteen said:

We are literally making a few more motels as we speak. That is a bit irrelevant to the discussion though, so please avoid derailing the topic further with that, please.

Understood.

How do you suspect this change will impact the availability of properties? Should we see more being sold, or simply a shift in rental prices?

23 minutes ago, Jura said:

I pay $30,000 for my garage lease. There is in no way any reason for a rental house to bring in 30-40K a week, that's fucking stupid.

You're basically earning $120,000 a month for doing basically nothing.  Give your head a wobble.

Tell me more about this 120K a month being stupid. Meanwhile you're owning a garage making 300K+ A week where as an owner requires no intervention (I know this as I was previously running a garage and was getting yields of up to 890K per week).

120K a month is awful money. Mechanics can make 50K an hour in some cases. Give your head a wobble.

7 minutes ago, eMe said:

Tell me more about this 120K a month being stupid. Meanwhile you're owning a garage making 300K+ A week where as an owner requires no intervention (I know this as I was previously running a garage and was getting yields of up to 890K per week).

120K a month is awful money. Mechanics can make 50K an hour in some cases. Give your head a wobble.

Running a garage requires more involvement than people relying on one command, not only that it's a business. It's meant to make money, people that work there actually roleplay, if they don't they lose the garage.

If you find it acceptable to get a passive income of 30K-40K, (on top of whatever else you earn via other avenues) each week for doing nothing, then that's a big issue.

Edited by Jura
27 minutes ago, Cara said:

Anyone who actively roleplays being a landlord will be excited by this update.

Anyone who leaves /rent on a property for quick cash without roleplay will be upset by the change.

25 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

I speak categorically as a landlord, and roleplaying in the real estate industry with my own business shop front (75K cost + 120K furniture + 50K labor), owning multiple houses (300K+ cost, 100K+ bespoke furnished interior, 50K labor for the designer, roleplay time, graphics time, tenant finding time PER HOUSE) that I am not excited by this update in the slightest, if anything it is more demoralizing then it is a fix for anything. 

There should be a financial benefit to being a landlord and anything sub 10K a week is frankly pathetic unless you have 10 properties on the go generating say 100K a week which is equally stupid. 

Just now, Jura said:

Running a garage requires more involvement than people relying on one command, not only that it's a business. It's meant to make money, people that work there actually roleplay, if they don't they lose the garage.

If you find it acceptable to get a passive income of 30K-40K, (on top of whatever else you earn via other avenues) each week for doing nothing, then that's a big issue.

Not really, I speak first hand. Most of the mechanics are quite content just plodding along on their own without intervention. Being a "landlord" it is expected of you to roleplay this as a "full time job" so no money is earned via other avenues in most cases, and it is not for nothing as highlighted above.

I like the idea, but I would introduce a motel system too. There are motels around the city that work like normal houses. I would make all of them rentable keeping the hourly paycheck system, since irl people rent motel rooms per night. This will let new players, or inactive ones or alts a place to stay before they can actually rent a house

• Upvote 3