Limit on age?

PapaDoc

Just now, Uno said:

Okay my nigga LMAO... 

That got deep as hell, and that's actually good that you brought that up.

I believe that the pedophile shit should be punishable no doubt, but what happens if someone is sexualizing their character while their character is underaged? And the server does all this background check activity and ends up leaking the person's real-life information, right? And it turns out that the player is actually underaged? I don't think all of that is necessary when it comes to characters. I think a ban is enough.

However, if it's taken to an OOC level of pedophilia (i.e. Krisk's situation with Frank Kranes on LS-RP), then go right ahead and do what you have to do to expose that person as a pedophile. I don't think it would be right to completely throw out someone's real-life information over them looking at their character as a sexual object, but when it comes to player-player OOC, then that type of action should be taken.

If somebody who's 15, is roleplaying a 15 year old, and behaving sexually, they should be punished for this as it is against the rules. However, they are not pedophiles. (Duh, they're 15.) I was talking about pedophiles. Not teens being teens.

Obviously with today's ban this thread is about to pop off so I'd like to make one thing very clear.

Changing the age limit to 16 or 18 or whatever anyone may suggest will not stop or effect these pedoRPers who have become more prevalent on the server. They'll simply change they're age while continuing to RP as if they were a child.

Who it will effect is the gang RPers who are trying to portray the harsh reality that street gangs predominantly begin recruiting kids at around the age of 12-15. Afroman explains it well in the following interview:

• Upvote 2
Just now, Lmao said:

If the person has an hourglass figure, state it as such, no questions about it, a figure is a figure, but describing a "Perky bottom with two double Ds and moist lips" is way beyond what attributes need to describe.

I apologise if I am coming across as hostile or anything of the sort, I just feel strongly about the topic at hand.

NO NO thats messed up okay as it states I think my current description of Amy has her placed at rail thin and Lilly is considered "Slightly curved, small 4 foot 11 female" What you're saying makes sense and I agree I apologise! 

Edited by Silly Fox
Just now, cracked said:

If somebody who's 15, is roleplaying a 15 year old, and behaving sexually, they should be punished for this as it is against the rules. However, they are not pedophiles. (Duh, they're 15.) I was talking about pedophiles. Not teens being teens.

Oh no doubt, I'm talking about let's say two new players join the server with teenage characters and engage in sexual roleplay with one another. Are you saying doxx their information then? Or if it carries to an OOC level of pedophilia, like I've stated before?

Just now, Silly Fox said:

NO NO thats messed up okay as it states I think my current description of Amy has her placed at rail thin and Lilly is considered "Slightly curved, small 4 foot 11 female" What you're saying makes sense and I agree I apologise! 

Oh no, I made a blanket statement, it's a oversight on my part. Your description is straight to the point, they way it should be.

Just now, Uno said:

Oh no doubt, I'm talking about let's say two new players join the server with teenage characters and engage in sexual roleplay with one another. Are you saying doxx their information then? Or if it carries to an OOC level of pedophilia, like I've stated before?

If they're at an age where roleplaying teenage characters having sex would be pedophilia, yes. Leak all their info. Demolish them. No doubt about it.

We originally allowed younger characters so characters involved in gangs could be realistically developed. Unfortunately, a small portion of the community have acted extremely inappropriately as characters under the age of 18. I'm sure a lot of you saw the ban earlier for the type of innappropriate behavior that I'm sure everyone should agree isn't welcome on the server.  

At a Management level, we were discussing a minimum age. The minimum age of 12 is far below what I wanted it to be but I wasn't consulted on that. What was originally a discussion about the minimum character age expanded into a revamp of our rules around sexual roleplay in general. Recent behaviour has made us prioritize this rule revamp. I'm working with FullyCanadian (who typed up the vast majority of this rule change) to get it added to the rules as soon as possible. 

Characters will be a minimum of 18 years old unless they are part of a gang faction. For the most part, it has been underage characters outside of gangs causing issues. Characters that are part of gang factions need to be 15 years old or older. 

We have also decided to write up an entirely new rule that goes into a lot more detail about sexual roleplay of any kind. It's going to be detailed and restrictive. It covers everything from sexual intercourse itself to sexualized character descriptions. All characters involved in sexual activity will need to be 18 years old or older, as will the players themselves.

The rule changes themselves are written up. I'm just working with the rest of Management to shorten the rules and update the wording so it's a little clearer. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 3
  • Keane locked this topic