Illegal RP Application for CCW/PF holders

Keta

2 hours ago, Keta said:

86d29ccbc3091ec2eee7a1fd804c1c15.png

I was referring to this OOC agreement that players who apply for the PF are subject to. Right now, it's a super broad statement that encompasses all illegal RP, which as I was saying forces players to be one or the other, illegal or legal, with no in between. If what you're saying Keane is that this statement above is wrong, then it definitely needs to be changed to refer the rule 13).

Now this is something I wasn't aware of personally. I'll speak to the relevant parties within the staff team to figure out why this is in place.

25 minutes ago, shiroq said:

I have been rping various criminal characters for over a year on gtaw and I have not been scammed once.

Everyone on the server has different experiences. I don't know why you're bringing up your own personal stance when we're talking about how other people see this issue affects the server and their characters in general.

• Upvote 1

I think that everyone here who wants to see changes made to the PF rules understand why they're in place.  I would deffinetely like to see some sort of approval process or very strict punishments for players who are caught doing crime with a PF license. Like Keta said, if you lose it via shaft violation, CK, arrest then you should not be able to apply on a new character for 3 months

I think my major issue with it is that legal players are now more able to be equipped than the average illegal player. You could step into Mirror Park and find enough guns to arm a small militia, which it practically is at this point. Make PF's more difficult to get all together, rather than restricting it to illegal individuals. Have more scrutiny on who gets these weapons and why they get these weapons. Quality control is the name of the game in large RP servers like this. If you can filter out the people who abuse the PF system, you leave them with only the option to purchase from illegal sources, which in turn will boost illegal sales, which was the entire goal of this restriction in the first place. 

9 hours ago, RSZach said:

I think my major issue with it is that legal players are now more able to be equipped than the average illegal player. You could step into Mirror Park and find enough guns to arm a small militia, which it practically is at this point. Make PF's more difficult to get all together, rather than restricting it to illegal individuals. Have more scrutiny on who gets these weapons and why they get these weapons. Quality control is the name of the game in large RP servers like this. If you can filter out the people who abuse the PF system, you leave them with only the option to purchase from illegal sources, which in turn will boost illegal sales, which was the entire goal of this restriction in the first place. 

I disagree with you here. All the encounters I had with illegal players, 80% of them had sub automatics. TEC9's, Skorpions, you name it. They also have access to heavy pistols, revolvers and multiple other pistols that legal players do not. People that arm up in Mirror Park simply arm up for the reason because criminals decide to go robbing and kidnapping in a populated suburb in broad daylight with no consequence and people had enough of it and want to defend themselves. This is more of an IC thing than OOC. Why should people be victims forever, right?

• Upvote 4
On 6/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, SugarDavis said:

Most people just seem to treat it as an accessory so their 18 year old ricer lesbian can become John Wick at a moments notice.

I died reading this, you have a valid point however. 

Edited by changooman

Being part of the FLD, the amount that we get daily of PF licenses can be overwhelming at times. The restrictions are in place for a reason, if it was up to me I would make it even harder. I will tell you all in multiple occasions we have applicants that within of 24 hours of having a PF license get a Felony charge related to the usage of their PF weapon. Be it killing someone for no reason or used to intimidate someone else. So yeah, keep the restrictions as it is, because who wants to RP a gang member or affiliated with one can easily get an illegal gun, by robbing someone that has a gun on him and wasn't able to use it or by buying one illegally. IRL aspects can't be applied here, or else 100% of the population here would have guns on them. So no, leave it as it is and make it even harder for legal RP'ers to get it.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, RoamPT said:

Being part of the FLD, the amount that we get daily of PF licenses can be overwhelming at times. The restrictions are in place for a reason, if it was up to me I would make it even harder. I will tell you all in multiple occasions we have applicants that within of 24 hours of having a PF license get a Felony charge related to the usage of their PF weapon. Be it killing someone for no reason or used to intimidate someone else. So yeah, keep the restrictions as it is, because who wants to RP a gang member or affiliated with one can easily get an illegal gun, by robbing someone that has a gun on him and wasn't able to use it or by buying one illegally. IRL aspects can't be applied here, or else 100% of the population here would have guns on them. So no, leave it as it is and make it even harder for legal RP'ers to get it.

Nobody is talking about gang members or illegal factions, bro.

Once more,

86d29ccbc3091ec2eee7a1fd804c1c15.png

this attitude towards players is metagaming and is so broad and encompassing, that it literally makes it seem like my character, who has a PF, can't smoke a joint because it's illegal. The wording is dumb and awful, and even though nobody has had their PF taken OOCly for smoking a joint, the fact that it's possible grinds my gears.

People who want to commit a crime, while they have a PF license, should be punished ICly for their dumbass getting caught. 

There are already server rules in place (rule 13) for creating a character just to commit crimes with their PF, so report them if it happens, but don't restrict players who actually want to RP.

Edited by Keta
  • Upvote 2

The wording is simple and clear. What it means by engaging in illegal roleplay is you applying for a PF because you are to planning to commit robberies or to use it as mean to threaten people. So yes it makes sense and it should have OOC background checks, because without that the character portrayal in the server will be even worse that what it is. Want to rob people or stores or even kidnap? Then go get a gun illegally, that way you are promoting illegal roleplay and at the same time you get your gun. Again that OOC background check may sound MG, but its necessary, most of the server population already has guns that are acquired legally.  

• Upvote 1