[LSNN] Police Comments Cause Backlash

Username:  Raptors2k19Champions

Comment:   @wH0r3:   Again, it cannot be tax evasion if there was no existing obligation in the first place.  

If the group you’re speaking of generates income they are not reporting, that does not mean they are evading. Failing to report income =\= evading if there was no obligation to pay tax.  Yes, it might be wrong to choose not to report when reporting is required, but if they don’t owe tax (for instance, because their income was below a certain threshold), then they are not evading — they are just not reporting.

I would not fault teens and young adults for not reporting — especially when their income probably wouldn’t have triggered a tax obligation in the first place — when there are cartels raking in more green paper by a hundredfold.  You are still barking up the wrong tree, I’m afraid.  

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
3 hours ago, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

Username:  Raptors2k19Champions

Comment:  Miss me with the bullsh*t. It is not tax evasion if they don’t have tax obligations in the first place!  If that is reflective of the government policy of the day, then they have done nothing wrong.  

If you were actually concerned for tax evasion and avoidance, you’d be looking at those with existing tax obligations and those who evade them using off-shore tax havens, with the assistance of accountants and tax lawyers — all of whom play a passive role (if not knowingly complicit).  Take corporate income and multinationals, for instance; elaborate tax “minimization” schemes run rampant there.  Those schemes might appear legal, but using simple logic and some data from tax audits in the OECD’s Tax Administration 2019 report (which is, unfortunately, behind a paywall), you will come to understand that the elaborate schemes to “minimize” the tax obligations are not actually legal.  The reason is that the tax audits have recovered money  — e.g. in Germany, €14.1 billion in 2016 and €17.5 billion in 2017 recovered from corporate tax claims — those audits would not have recovered any money had those audited schemes been legal.  Money recovered through an audit is money that should have been paid into public coffer — for schools, hospitals, the tax authority itself and its tax courts!  That the recovered balance was not paid means the evasion was not legal (but whether that evasion amounts to criminal conduct depends, to put it vaguely, on the state of mind of its corporate director(s) at the time they reported the corporate income).  

In short, you’re barking up the wrong tree.  Would-be taxpayers who are instead evading their obligations are out there; the data — if you cared to look — will reveal that the evader is not the unemployed 14-year-old loitering at a Davis shop.

Username: TaxationisTheft

Comment: FUCK YOU TYRANT TRYING TO GET WORKING PEOPLE TO PAY MORE UNFAIR TAX. YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A THIEF

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

Username: CT-1

Comment: 1st amendment applies 2 uniforms too u commies

User: vaquero176

Comment: look at his brainwashed brainlet. first amendment applies to cops but does that mean they can call people monkeys?! NO! NO! NO! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! posts like urs make me want to crush ur skull come by vespucci at 10 u racist DOG

Just now, Declan said:

User: vaquero176

Comment: look at his brainwashed brainlet. first amendment applies to cops but does that mean they can call people monkeys?! NO! NO! NO! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! posts like urs make me want to crush ur skull come by vespucci at 10 u racist DOG

User: CT-1

Comment: ?

• Upvote 1

User:  godzillasmith

Comment:  This comment may be a bit overwhelming for those who are still soundly asleep in a world of make-believe and television and who don't want to hear how you can decidedly chalk up incidents such as the described to the inane nature of the Police Department's jibes. You see, I, speaking as someone who is not a dictatorial nihilarian, undeniably believe that the Police Department is a bad role model for children. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this comment, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to tell everyone around that my sources tell me that the Police Department intends to demonize and penalize people who find success on the road to happiness sooner or later. Not on my watch! I am therefore calling upon all good citizens to break the news that hideous, virulent common blood-stained cops have been taking the focus off the real issues. I don't know for sure that the Police Department's High Command is behind those activities, but they're honestly consistent with the methods and motivations of most Police Department-directed efforts. Therefore, let's just say that I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with the Police Department and its menials, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. Last but not least, Police Department is not just nauseating but proud of it.

Edited by Sergi
2 minutes ago, Sergi said:

User:  godzillasmith

Comment:  This comment may be a bit overwhelming for those who are still soundly asleep in a world of make-believe and television and who don't want to hear how you can decidedly chalk up incidents such as the described to the inane nature of the Police Department's jibes. You see, I, speaking as someone who is not a dictatorial nihilarian, undeniably believe that the Police Department is a bad role model for children. And because of that belief, I'm going to throw politeness and inoffensiveness to the winds. In this comment, I'm going to be as rude and crude as I know how, to reinforce the point that if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to tell everyone around that my sources tell me that the Police Department intends to demonize and penalize people who find success on the road to happiness sooner or later. Not on my watch! I am therefore calling upon all good citizens to break the news that hideous, virulent common blood-stained cops have been taking the focus off the real issues. I don't know for sure that the Police Department's High Command is behind those activities, but they're honestly consistent with the methods and motivations of most Police Department-directed efforts. Therefore, let's just say that I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with the Police Department and its menials, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. Last but not least, Police Department is not just nauseating but proud of it.

Username:  PatrickSwayze1980

Comment: But then, please, no whining when a feral jogger goes through your stash next to your burned and half eaten body while the doomsday sirens are squealing outside.

Username: Wilson8Jackson

Comment: maaan i always sayin this lspd got a ton of pocket racists they r really just the biggest gang in ls ass holes keepin me down from even goingne 2 work all yall tryna excuse the racism r whack 

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic