IC jail roleplay & timings

cmrnkenzie

No problem! They are indeed working on everything you're talking about, including the custom interior, but one of the issues is the furniture limit that will (supposedly) be fixed with the (supposed) release of Rage 0.4 in the future. My belief has always been that this shouldn't hold us back from implementing the meat of the system, however, by giving us a few "cells" along with a rough mess hall and allowing people sent to jail to wander the Bolingbroke facility rather than be confined to a cell that's essentially the same as an ajail.

Edited by Smilesville
32 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

No problem! They are indeed working on everything you're talking about, including the custom interior, but one of the issues is the furniture limit that will (supposedly) be fixed with the (supposed) release of Rage 0.4 in the future. My belief has always been that this shouldn't hold us back from implementing the meat of the system, however, by giving us a few "cells" along with a rough mess hall and allowing people sent to jail to wander the Bolingbroke facility rather than be confined to a cell that's essentially the same as an ajail.

Very true. I think it can start simple with a basic interior (i believe there is a prison int that's empty - but it's buggy since it rains inside of it even though it's covered). All they really need is to map the outside with some entry points, fences that can be opened/closed with a command and a basic interior with command controlled cells.

Precisely. The only speedbump at that point is instituting an actual DoC and trying to figure out how the prison should work, logistically.

I think the greatest help is figuring all that out, logistically. How do people become prison guards, who sets up prison rules, all that nonsense. It may not even be a bad idea for prisons to be a private enterprise like they are frequently in the US.

Edited by Smilesville

There needs to be a balance. You can't give people too lenient of sentences because then there is very little risk for criminal activity. You can't give them excessive sentences because then people won't want to RP as criminals because the risk will far out exceed the reward. It's my understanding that there is a Department of Corrections faction in the making. Once they add a DOC faction then I'd be all in favor of lengthy prison sentences because then people can actually get prison RP. 

personally i like the time how it is, that way if one of your homies gets arrested ICly youre gonna feel his absence for a while as opposed to him/her coming back immediately 3 hours later. its not really an ooc punishment imo.

either way tho, we need bolingbroke.

Edited by la tweaker
  • Upvote 2
On 3/30/2019 at 7:41 PM, iAMTemple said:

Noted.

I will, however, try to improve on this idea by providing some full details based on the obstacles which would help. I foresee the biggest obstacle to be that GTA V doesn't have a native prison interior, which could be solved by mods - which RAGEMP doesn't fully support. This, however, can be built, or, an interior resembling a prison (or close to) can be used. In terms of functionality, I have some ideas which can be properly implemented in the current system state. Thanks for this my dude.

Prison's and many other interiors can be mapped & implemented without major issues, we simply convert the mapping file xml into ymaps and than into dlc pack (that prevents any sort of problems) - my WIP.

unknown.png

Regarding prison role-play - it needs to be a solid feature, such as - tattooing inside the prison (where inmates can request permission via /helpme to be given access to tattoo guns - after RP's and all that) and they could do tattoo's on one another, have a prison jumpsuit for every GTA Online character (orange outfit) if non-GTA Online skin , but regular GTA V ped - than some random prisoner skin. (so it fits the enviornment).

Few things like that - maybe bring Sheriff's Department back and have a branch that´d be handling the Department of Correction for some period of time, till DoC becomes its own thing.. because, it does get demotivated to sit in a tiny jail cell in PD HQ, for murder charges - when you wanna feel those detailed criminal role-play affects. Including role-play around different prison gang (something that many people dream on seeing on GTA V) - it was huge on SA:MP, and with advanced stuff here - we can make it even better.

2 hours ago, Karl_Hoover said:

Prison's and many other interiors can be mapped & implemented without major issues, we simply convert the mapping file xml into ymaps and than into dlc pack (that prevents any sort of problems) - my WIP.

You say that, but there's also quality assurance, stress testing and possibly hidden problems with RageMP that might result from a significant number of objects being spawned in. @Pascal will know more about this but I believe something is on the books for this.

4 minutes ago, Westen said:

You say that, but there's also quality assurance, stress testing and possibly hidden problems with RageMP that might result from a significant number of objects being spawned in. @Pascal will know more about this but I believe something is on the books for this.

This. 

I don't think we should rush a prison system just to put something out there. It's without a doubt one of the most important parts of criminal RP so it should be a priority, but also a very well developed system and map. 

With the timer working offline as well, it's not amazing to be in jail right now, but it's still good in terms of reality. And most people have more than one character so it's not the end of the world to not be able to play for a day or two. 

7 hours ago, Westen said:

I remember mapping a hospital a while ago, that had over 500-600 objects and we imported it in and everything was fine - no issues or anything (it just has to be dlcpacked) - didn't cause any issues, but I get you. 0.4 gonna be real nice, with the proper streamer and etc.... ;( - but some mappings are possible already, been seeing bunch of people getting into it, its just..not many people are mapping because of crappy map editor (unless you know a by pass ? )