Are Police/SD/Judicial becoming power drunk?

Tmthn678

Does the server require a form of Police/SD/Law Enforcement Reform? (IC and OOC)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes Or No - Please only post constructive responses.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Again, I've 10+ years of law enforcement experience in real life. What I've mentioned here, while it does occur in real life, is EXTREMELY rare (As opposed to every day occurrences), and I'm not talking about roleplaying of corruption, I'm talking about unrealistic portrayal or being overall power drunk and clouded in vision. 

• Upvote 1

If you think the police are bad IC, wait until you find out how bad they are IRL lol

You guys are really jumping on this, aren't you? It really is a perfect excuse to act like a prick and do whatever you want, since you know there won't be any consequences

10 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

Coming from someone with 10+ years of law enforcement experience in real life, no. You don't. 

Watching YouTube vids or larping does not give you "ten years of irl law enforcement experience". 

Because if you had, you'd know stuff like this does happen a lot of times and it is usually caught by the federals or local media.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Anders said:

Watching YouTube vids or larping does not give you "ten years of irl law enforcement experience". 

Because if you had, you'd know stuff like this does happen a lot of times and it is usually caught by the federals or local media.

Now that you've decided to attack me OOCly, I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt by this thread. I'd be glad to prove my credentials to you, however, I'd rather not get doxxed. Thanks!

If you're going to resolve to OOCly insults or making fun of me, I'd ask you please look in the mirror and ask yourself "Is this really necessary." And no, it's not caught by "federals" or "local media." It happens, there's bad cops, they aren't all heroes. 

2 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

This does affect many people and should be frowned upon across the board, that is why I made the topic.

Frowned upon? Sure. Enforced on an OOC level? Not quite. Not the specific instance that I'm referring to at least, you'd have to start jailing or warning half the server on a daily basis and this would only promote a toxic mindset where people will be afraid to post any number of funny things that happened because they'll get admin reported.

3 minutes ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

If you think the police are bad IC, wait until you find out how bad they are IRL lol

They aren't that bad IC. What is bad in a lot of instances is someone's OOC mindset being not great (i.e. policing the server rather than providing RP to the server) or they simply don't know the server IC laws or the IRL federal laws well enough to make certain decisions.

I'll close this topic at this point,
In case you suspect any faction, including PD or SD, of breaking the rules or not aligning with the community, you can report the entire faction to LFM for investigation. LFM has the authority to take action if they find anything suspicious, even with PD and SD.

However, bashing an entire faction in front of the community due to a negative experience with a few members is not acceptable. This could lead to pages of arguments about whether LEOs are "power-hungry."

If you wish to discuss this topic, it's best to keep it general and avoid targeting any particular faction.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 3
  • Anubis locked this topic