Are Police/SD/Judicial becoming power drunk?

Tmthn678

Does the server require a form of Police/SD/Law Enforcement Reform? (IC and OOC)  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes Or No - Please only post constructive responses.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- Officers threatening to seize a car over dark tints because they did not like the player was swearing at them ICly.

Threat they can't possibly follow up on needs to be 3rd infraction to impound for 1 day only. Might be some form of verbal abuse that is intended to coerce, but not quite criminal as it's he-said-she-said.

10 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- Police officers slamming an individual against a car and cuffing them, causing them to have a seizure and then telling everyone they slipped, then leaving without any bit of follow up RP to the player in fear of being caught being corrupt.

Don't know, wasn't there. Too broadly construed to say if it's corruption or not, if the person is resisting it's okay to use physical force.

11 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- A DA threatening to have "secret LSSD gangs" seize all of their assets if they don't plead guilty. (Not-so-secret gangs anymore).

??? When'd this happen lmao. But, yes. It's usually acceptable for a prosecutor to go harsh and throw the book if the defendant doesn't agree to a plea deal. That's why there are MAXIMUM and MINIMUM penalties

12 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- Officers with a very limited understanding of the US Legal system & attempting to deny individuals of their rights to a lawyer and questioning prior to an arrest.

There is no right to a lawyer prior to arrest and there isn't a right to questioning prior to an arrest. Police have no legal duty to question a suspect and you can only call your lawyer at the first moment it's convenient (i.e. when you're behind bars and safely in custody already)

13 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

-A DA reporting individuals because they would not provide OOC information that could lead to metagame

Sounds like they felt like the other party was explicitly leaving out information and wanted an admin to adjuticate that?

14 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- Tasing players for simply walking up and yelling at a criminal scene. 

Sue them for battery. Report them to faction leadership & RPQM for proper portrayal.

14 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

- Refusing blame for car accidents that were obviously a result of their driving and or desynch and accusing other players of it, going so far to arrest or ticket them for it.

Take it to criminal court and win and sue in civil for unlawful arrest or file an admin report if it's a sync issue.

15 minutes ago, Tmthn678 said:

-Ability to unlock any car they wish at any time without keys. (I understand this is necessary ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, but an admin can be called for those situations)

What does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

removing some of the unrealistic power from officers, such as the ability to carry 500+ rounds of ammunition on them (

They don't. Pistols have <100 and the rifles have somewhere in the ballpark of 200 max? IDK, I'm not in a LEO faction anymore so I can't possibly check.

and a more difficult application process

PD and SD both have a very strict application process. You can't always catch them all though.

You give a lot of examples but nothing to back it up. You leave a lot of questions in most of your comments that are required to properly determine if corruption is present or not. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BjornV said:

Reveal hidden contents

Threat they can't possibly follow up on needs to be 3rd infraction to impound for 1 day only. Might be some form of verbal abuse that is intended to coerce, but not quite criminal as it's he-said-she-said.

Don't know, wasn't there. Too broadly construed to say if it's corruption or not, if the person is resisting it's okay to use physical force.

??? When'd this happen lmao. But, yes. It's usually acceptable for a prosecutor to go harsh and throw the book if the defendant doesn't agree to a plea deal. That's why there are MAXIMUM and MINIMUM penalties

There is no right to a lawyer prior to arrest and there isn't a right to questioning prior to an arrest. Police have no legal duty to question a suspect and you can only call your lawyer at the first moment it's convenient (i.e. when you're behind bars and safely in custody already)

Sounds like they felt like the other party was explicitly leaving out information and wanted an admin to adjuticate that?

Sue them for battery. Report them to faction leadership & RPQM for proper portrayal.

Take it to criminal court and win and sue in civil for unlawful arrest or file an admin report if it's a sync issue.

What does this have to do with the discussion at hand?

They don't. Pistols have <100 and the rifles have somewhere in the ballpark of 200 max? IDK, I'm not in a LEO faction anymore so I can't possibly check.

PD and SD both have a very strict application process. You can't always catch them all though.

You give a lot of examples but nothing to back it up. You leave a lot of questions in most of your comments that are required to properly determine if corruption is present or not. 

This is a general thread for discussion, I did not want to expose any individual players in it and turn it into a bashing thread or where these individuals would become highlighted for their behavior. This isn't talking about if corruption is present or not, as we all know, it is.

Just now, Tmthn678 said:

This isn't talking about if corruption is present or not, as we all know, it is.

Have you read the faction's own established corruption rules? There isn't exactly a leading guideline from LFM on what corruption is acceptable and isn't. I've been in SD and PD and SAPR, I don't remember SAPR's rules at all but PD and SD both allow quite a bit of "corruption" but it does not extend into becoming an intentional criminal. The longer you've been in the faction, the more accepted certain things are. A rookie cop is gonna be clean, true to the book and all. A senior officer who's seen (in his eyes) the system fail several times over is much less likely to be the same.

Both factions allow more instances of corruption than you might think if you played a cop years ago, because full on strict corruption rules leads to robotic interactions where people are afraid to do anything or get shafted on corruption.

To add: The main restriction is that in gov factions, its leadership can't be corrupt at all without LFM permission. Corruption is not allowed at all without well documented rules surrounding it. They must have an internal affairs body and must be open to external investigations to have corruption. All leo factions have this.

Edited by BjornV
1 minute ago, BjornV said:

Have you read the faction's own established corruption rules? ....

Again, I'm not arguing whether or not, or if corruption is allowed or not, this is a discussion on the OOC usage of that power, and what is realistic, versus what isn't, with knowing what you can get away with. 

also having cops just LITERALLY report someone for putting a boombox in a small scene, where cops have sirens on full blast, for no absolute reason by the way, while being stationary. Purely reporting someone cuz they put down a boombox after complaining about the sirens ICLY unlike the cops start complaining to admins OOCly, someone really gotta teach them how to RP, cuz honestly the 'best' (i'd never call PD factions anywhere as that) faction on GTA World having people that can't RP for shit don't make sense.

@BjornV To add on to the secondary portion of your first post, I do agree with your statement there. Interactions with officers have become generally better over the last year or so, due to the relaxation of the rules, and I have seen many become much less "robotic" in a sense.

3 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Have you read the faction's own established corruption rules? There isn't exactly a leading guideline from LFM on what corruption is acceptable and isn't. I've been in SD and PD and SAPR, I don't remember SAPR's rules at all but PD and SD both allow quite a bit of "corruption" but it does not extend into becoming an intentional criminal. The longer you've been in the faction, the more accepted certain things are. A rookie cop is gonna be clean, true to the book and all. A senior officer who's seen (in his eyes) the system fail several times over is much less likely to be the same.

Both factions allow more instances of corruption than you might think if you played a cop years ago, because full on strict corruption rules leads to robotic interactions where people are afraid to do anything or get shafted on corruption.

Maybe you could assist with some ballpark numbers on the amount of individuals with actual high tier corruption permissions that allow some of these things. (Not talking ignoring misdemeanors, or burnout with foul language) 

I think that could offer some interesting perspective for those who hasn't been in LEO factions.

• Anubis locked this topic