Bank safety deposit box

Martyn

Detailed Description

The ability to store items in banks other than only money. We should be able to store jewelry and other items there also.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

The server is feeling more and more like a dystopian wasteland by the day. With the new update you won't be able to store anything in your home. House alarms are now pointless and a total waste of your money. 20k vaults can already be pick locked with a Skyrim-esque system which some players are really good at and takes literal seconds of not minutes to unlock it. Despite that obviously being entirely and extremely unrealistic. So while knowing that pretty much anything a civilian can do to protect their assets are not effective and absolutely pointless, we should implement a safety deposit box system at banks so people can store their valuables there for a certain fee. They'll be able to spend 20k a month on a safety deposit box instead of 20k on a security system that doesn't work realistically. Not only will this give players some peace of mind and add an extra layer of realism so we can ignore the unrealistic tools being used to break into houses in the future, it'll also prevent folk from now putting their valuables in cars and parking them in no-crime zones because it's the only way to avoid getting them stolen.  It's a win-win across the board for the entire community.

• Upvote 31

Excellent suggestion, though I am of the opinion that the new tools of illegal players will be good for the server. This is how it happens in real life too. Criminals start, the law gets smarter and finds a way to defend, then the criminals find a way to get on top again, so the law figures out a way to get back on top, and so on, and so on. 

I would, however, not like these banks to be completely immune. I mean, next to immune, yeah, sure, but identity fraud, even admin-approved illegal scheme bank-robbing - I say this as a legal RPer, I get bored when there is no more risk. Bank vaults may be the most secure possibility, but in time, I will expect some clever criminal to figure out a way around even that. I'm not at all saying that there should be a script-supported bank robberies from the get-go, but illegal schemes are already a thing, admin-supervised illegal operations, and figuring out a way to rob a bank may be the most difficult of them all, but not impossible. 

I'd also love for banks to be player-ran. Security companies can have private vaults that they store things in, and banking companies can be very interesting as well. 

• Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

Excellent suggestion, though I am of the opinion that the new tools of illegal players will be good for the server. This is how it happens in real life too. Criminals start, the law gets smarter and finds a way to defend, then the criminals find a way to get on top again, so the law figures out a way to get back on top, and so on, and so on. 

I would, however, not like these banks to be completely immune. I mean, next to immune, yeah, sure, but identity fraud, even admin-approved illegal scheme bank-robbing - I say this as a legal RPer, I get bored when there is no more risk. Bank vaults may be the most secure possibility, but in time, I will expect some clever criminal to figure out a way around even that. I'm not at all saying that there should be a script-supported bank robberies from the get-go, but illegal schemes are already a thing, admin-supervised illegal operations, and figuring out a way to rob a bank may be the most difficult of them all, but not impossible. 

I'd also love for banks to be player-ran. Security companies can have private vaults that they store things in, and banking companies can be very interesting as well. 

They can already do this now if they want to, nobody is stopping them? Anyway, I'm not against this. Can work the same as the normal house robbery system, if they manage to successfully rob a bank they can be given a certain amount of cash to divide among their members.

Anyway, this suggestion is about the safety deposit boxes for players specifically. And do not be fooled, this system does not discriminate! (Unlike some other imaginary fairytale tools/equipment) It can and will be used by legal and illegal players alike. This is a suggestion for everyone.

Edited by Martyn

This is great idea, I'm sure everyone could use one to deposit smaller items there. +1

Before there is safety deposit boxes, here is lifehack for people. Buy dirt cheap car and put items into it and then just /vp it. Best storage ever!