GTAW 3.3 : Development blog & Illegal update

Message added by 808Masterus,

LS Chat has also a browser version, which can be found here - https://chat.gta.world/

8 hours ago, Nervous said:

Signal jammers are extremely expensive to make and are estimated to be around $50 000 in value. That means you must be sure to get back that value when doing a breakin, which is clearly not often (if not never) happening. It'll be very rare to see and be made to target high value houses / stash houses.

$50,000 is pocket change to a lot of people. Cars can be chopped at faster and faster rates thanks to this update, so even that price is based off the economy not being flooded with parts for them.

And there’s only a chance that this will break. You could end up doing ten or so break ins and get more than your moneys worth, allowing you to just buy more of them. It’s creating a problem in the balance that isn’t needed. 

Whole update goes hard and I'm hyped to see what illegal RPers do with the new tools, but there's two huge questions regarding the NPC vehicles which haven't seemed to be answered in the post.

1) What happens when a player logs in and their vehicle is already spawned in a randomized spot? Does the vehicle disappear midway through someone lockpicking it? Does a player have to go and retrieve their vehicle from wherever it had been spawned in?

2) What happens when law enforcement entities check the license plate of an NPC-spawned vehicle that is used in a crime? Does it get reported under the guise of John Doe, or will it be linked to the actual owner's name? If it's the actual owners name, couldn't they be in theory be criminalized for having randomly-spawned drugs in their vehicle despite never owning any?

Edited by TinPan
9 hours ago, Nervous said:

Signal jammers are extremely expensive to make and are estimated to be around $50 000 in value. That means you must be sure to get back that value when doing a breakin, which is clearly not often (if not never) happening. It'll be very rare to see and be made to target high value houses / stash houses.

Until you realize folk just low-key go to the LSPD forums and use the background check section and other publicly available sections to identify who has PF licenses, check their address and then target them specifically. You can easily make that 50k back if you find 1-2 guns as its rather simple to find someone stupid enough to overpay for guns. I still think the value of the devices does not justify the fact that security companies now have to deal with an unrealistic atmosphere to the point where they have to ICly start justifying to their clients why their alarm system didn't work when in reality they actually would because as soon as the signal is jammed, disconnected or tampered with in any way shape or form the alarm would go off.

This is just a fairy tale mission impossible tool that has no room on a high/hardcore roleplay server and only serves to appeal to the looter shooter RUST players which is actually very disappointing to see as someone who has been here and supported GTA:W from nearly the start. The direction things are going are worrisome to say the least and I certainly hope this'll be reconsidered and reversed. While seemingly reasonable for vehicles, this is just crazy for houses and essentially makes them useless to store things in. 

Edited by Martyn
25 minutes ago, TinPan said:

Whole update goes hard and I'm hyped to see what illegal RPers do with the new tools, but there's two huge questions regarding the NPC vehicles which haven't seemed to be answered in the post.

1) What happens when a player logs in and their vehicle is already spawned in a randomized spot? Does the vehicle disappear midway through someone lockpicking it? Does a player have to go and retrieve their vehicle from wherever it had been spawned in?

I can only answer #1 since I asked myself due to confusing wording. It's not actually a players car, "those cars will be NPC cars, but assigned to random characters on the server, which are owned by the server, not actual players, just to keep it more IC"  so in theory to your 2nd question, they very well could be john doe cars.

Edited by Cartoonhead
53 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The signal jammers will be restricted to electronic suppliers for now due to feedbacks from players.

What about quantities? It ain't easy to obtain, should not just be 50k, should be 200k if not more, it's a military grade item if they want it to cover whole property such as a house, irl the ones you get are small.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Until you realize folk just low-key go to the LSPD forums and use the background check section and other publicly available sections to identify who has PF licenses, check their address and then target them specifically. You can easily make that 50k back if you find 1-2 guns as its rather simple to find someone stupid enough to overpay for guns. I still think the value of the devices does not justify the fact that security companies now have to deal with an unrealistic atmosphere to the point where they have to ICly start justifying to their clients why their alarm system didn't work when in reality they actually would because as soon as the signal is jammed, disconnected or tampered with in any way shape or form the alarm would go off.

This is just a fairy tale mission impossible tool that has no room on a high/hardcore roleplay server and only serves to appeal to the looter shooter RUST players which is actually very disappointing to see as someone who has been here and supported GTA:W from nearly the start. The direction things are going are worrisome to say the least and I certainly hope this'll be reconsidered and reversed. While seemingly reasonable for vehicles, this is just crazy for houses and essentially makes them useless to store things in. 

Fully agree, they need to be bumped into the 250k a pop and affect only vehicles, not housing..