Why is LCN RP so stigmatized?

subway244
Message added by goddessoflife,

Hello, will your post on this discussion be one of the following stated below?

Trollish, ai generated text, random pictures and comments that do not contribute to the discussion.

Then please do not post. Are you going to post anyway? You'll be content moderated without any questions asked.

This topic has been fruitful:

• IFM's position is that they don't want to see powerful families starting right off the bat;
  • The biggest criticism against LCN is a number of unrealistic, stereotypical characters along with criticism based on the realism of a LS crime family;
  • While fervent in their criticism of LCN, the critics have not demonstrated any rigor when appreciating the realism of MS-13 levels of violence committed by gangs and official factions;
  • The high standards held by most LCN players is being used as a point of criticism while not being applied to other factions.

It's been a trip. 

• Upvote 7
On 5/21/2023 at 12:33 AM, subway244 said:

The biggest argument I see from people is how "IRL, the mob's presence on the west coast is super small."

I hate that this mentality exists. 

To keep it short, one of the better things of SAMP heavy text RP was that creativity was at a peak regardless of the realism surrounding the concept based off location, for just about anything - characters, factions etc. 

Which means, if we disregarded that we're on the west coast for the sake of creating an idea that would hold a good RP presence, why don't we?

On SAMP, there was multiple LCNs in LS and even though it wasn't correct as far as geographical history goes, most of those factions offered really good RP back then.

I think my biggest criticism for illegal RP on World is the unbalance of trying to be too realistic and nitpick about if something should exist or not.

I think any efforted faction idea that has intentions of providing good RP and a unique story, characters etc should not be damned on a creative aspect.  

Not saying go crazy and make something silly or foolish, but the mentality of a west coast mob presence here on a fictional island should be null. 

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

I'm noticing everybody, every race, every form of criminal organization, can move to Los Santos from overseas/another part of the US (for whatever reason). Now, the first question which springs to mind is: why is solely LCN not allowed to move/operate in LS? 

The same reasoning applies to spawning Cosa Nostra inductees: you can't. But why is a vor v zakone allowed to spring up, out of the blue? (I'm not going against that decision, I'm merely stating that the same opportunity should be given to LCN roleplayers, as well, at this point.)

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
13 hours ago, Paciello said:

But why is a vor v zakone allowed to spring up, out of the blue?

Personally, I don't think that should be allowed either.

The LCN just doesn't fit in with the environment that the illegal roleplay community is trying to portray the criminal underworld in LS as being.

I'm sure we could hold a vote on this thread's purpose.

In a city that has a murder rate of 100 per day, with official factions linked to organized crime and million-dollar trafficking operations committing mass murder in Pillbox Hill and Vespucci Boulevard, you'd think people would ask for a greater framerate to optimize the realism in illegal roleplay.

However, some are so concerned with the realism of having LCN on the East Coast you'd think they're motivated by their insider knowledge provided by years of investigations on East Coast organized crime and not the little snippets of information the authorities distribute to the public.

Let's all remind ourselves that we are outsiders to those circles with factual information and that our perceptions may or may not be based in factual reality. As such, how can we pretend to any moral standing if we prevent people from enjoying themselves on an non-validated perception? 

2 minutes ago, Hadrian said:

In a city that has a murder rate of 100 per day, with official factions linked to organized crime and million-dollar trafficking operations committing mass murder in Pillbox Hill and Vespucci Boulevard, you'd think people would ask for a greater framerate to optimize the realism in illegal roleplay.

This is a completely separate issue that I daresay can't be fixed and will never be fixed because at the end of the day PK's are going to happen.

What we can fix though is unrealistic concepts popping up and exercising power in areas where they'd have no type of pull.

In my opinion Vinewood for example is a much better neighbourhood to roleplay in with criminal organizations that'd really be there (18th street, Surenos, Armenian Power) as opposed to when it was full of Italian mobsters.

My point is, what is your opinion based on? Maybe it's based on a collection of newspapers, recent articles and partial information distributed by authorities. However, you cannot guarantee your opinion is based on fact. I cannot guarantee my own opinion is based on fact. Do you want to restrict what people want to play based on something you think you may be right on but cannot confirm? 

7 minutes ago, Decker said:

This is a completely separate issue that I daresay can't be fixed and will never be fixed because at the end of the day PK's are going to happen.

It's not. Lack of rigor is shown here. We've got time and resources to prevent LCN from flourishing but we cannot prevent people from participating in levels of violence not seen since the 1940's. 

Besides I think Miguelito's been offended. 

2 minutes ago, Hadrian said:

My point is, what is your opinion based on? Maybe it's based on a collection of newspapers, recent articles and partial information distributed by authorities. However, you cannot guarantee your opinion is based on fact. I cannot guarantee my own opinion is based on fact. Do you want to restrict what people want to play based on something you think you may be right on but cannot confirm? 

It's indeed based on fact. I haven't found a single news article, court document or anything at all attesting to the presence of the LCN. There's a reason for that, the only crime family "present" in LA has been dormant for years, so dormant that the police don't even care about them. They're much more focused on the groups that actually run the show on the west coast. Mexican & African American street gangs.