Why is LCN RP so stigmatized?

subway244
Message added by goddessoflife,

Hello, will your post on this discussion be one of the following stated below?

Trollish, ai generated text, random pictures and comments that do not contribute to the discussion.

Then please do not post. Are you going to post anyway? You'll be content moderated without any questions asked.

4 minutes ago, el capo said:

They'd never agree to that, because at the back of their mind, they want to eventually become an OCF, only like 1-2 people on this thread would genuinely roleplay a micky mouse type, no influence crew.

Which is a shame, my favorite part of a factions lifespan is the early days where you're nobodies. It can go in so many ways and you can focus on some heavy character RP between smaller group numbers. 

49 minutes ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

Personally, I'd just go more of the route of a multi-cultural criminal group. The big thing is that I think there should be more non italians in these crews. Italian Americans aren't really a population that is growing in the modern day. Have a few different other white american ethnicities, maybe work with some street kids for the more dirty stuff. You might not be able to be full italian, you might have no backing of a family or something like that. But you'd be able to portray a modern american organized crime ring. It's better to be completely decentralized and just loose in who you work with and ally with, it keeps the Feds from being able to pinpoint who is what or with whom. 

we can't do anything that's related to Italian-Americans bro, even if I would make a thread in which I'd put all the races and ethnicities together, but include Italian-Americans that /might/ abide by the rules of "cosa nostra", WAIT UP!, DENIED, so tell me, what's the point? I will prepare a thread for an Italian American MC, that should do the thing 😘

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Xposed said:

we can't do anything that's related to Italian-Americans bro, even if I would make a thread in which I'd put all the races and ethnicities together, but include Italian-Americans that /might/ abide by the rules of "cosa nostra", WAIT UP!, DENIED, so tell me, what's the point? I will prepare a thread for an Italian American MC, that should do the thing 😘

Nobody's gonna deny that bruh, you're overreacting.

We're also forgetting that the current head of FM roleplayed LCN for years and had a modernized non sopranoish character, if anything there is love for LCN in IFM, I guess you just have to come legit most of you guys just wanna recreate conti or MCF and it's easily seen when u propose a thread or even in here with terms like "build up" there is no build-up, there is no crew turning into something else in the future.

Edited by el capo
2 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

What? 😆 You majorly over reacting there. Nobody has said italian americans cant exist.

well they can exist, but the only way to portray the character into the crime underworld is by playing without a faction or a thread where to post your rp, tell me another way to portray a criminal Italian American that it's not related to "Cosa Nostra, The 'Ndrangheta, The Camorra or Sacra Corona Unita". There's a small percentage to none, for Italian Americans to operate in the crime underworld solo, or without any type of connections (IRL talking).

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, el capo said:

They'd never agree to that, because at the back of their mind, they want to eventually become an OCF, only like 1-2 people on this thread would genuinely roleplay a micky mouse type, no influence crew.

This just screams “I’m afraid of LCN becoming more influential over other factions and want to put a cap on their roleplay” which is literally anti-roleplay.

Let’s say a mickey mouse crew starts. Six months pass and they made a lot of money, avoided law enforcement and grew in operations and numbers. Do we then demand that they forever stay as small as they started despite their IC moves propelling them into a larger and more powerful entity? You want an OOC limitation on a person’s roleplay when they’re not breaking any rules? Absurd from you as per usual on this thread.

You’re taking the roleplay out of roleplay. Just go play some real life simulator or something, lol.

• Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, el capo said:

"build up" there is no build-up, there is no crew turning into something else in the future.

Uh-huh, I got the best example for this, and again, guess what, MC's, they start by 1 chapter and then they expand to 3-4-5 chapters within LS and/or the County (The only thing is that they don't change their name from MC bla bla to MC bla bla Crime Family but the concept is the same), it's the same thing with LCN Crews, you start with one crew, and as the crew gets bigger and bigger, you expand, and all that changes is the name, from a Crew to a Crime Family (the only difference that the name makes is the amount of people that are within the organization).

• Upvote 1

We should all appreciate the fact that the examples used by those who oppose LCN on GTA:W represent the worst of LCN while it pales in comparison to your regular, every day screenshot in official faction threads that I will censor myself from naming.

Speaks a lot about the higher standard LCN members and ex-members hold themselves to and how that same standard is applied by those who oppose it. 

Edited by Hadrian
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

This just screams “I’m afraid of LCN becoming more influential over other factions and want to put a cap on their roleplay” which is literally anti-roleplay.

Let’s say a mickey mouse crew starts. Six months pass and they made a lot of money, avoided law enforcement and grew in operations and numbers. Do we then demand that they forever stay as small as they started despite their IC moves propelling them into a larger and more powerful entity? You want an OOC limitation on a person’s roleplay when they’re not breaking any rules? Absurd from you as per usual on this thread.

You’re taking the roleplay out of roleplay. Just go play some real life simulator or something, lol.

There are OOC limitations in every aspect of roleplay, if not the LSPD/LSSD would have already shut down every illegal faction on this server. This is why the concept should remain dead, eventually, people like you would want to turn it into new york in the 90s, IFM sees right through that and they deny your shit from the get go, GGs to them.

You're taking the roleplay out of roleplay when you encourage shit like that lol, with your logic somebody could just build up CAMORRA or some shit from the ground up and run the server in 5 months, limitations keep the game as realistic as it can be without it the server would be worse off than it already is.

Edited by el capo