Make a rule stopping people from trading guns for drugs or vice versa.

14 minutes ago, TonyMontana12 said:

but the current situation is money is worthless

This is the real problem. I feel like trying to put restrictions on side effects of this problem only brings in problems down the line. It adds another rule to the list that's already so long.

• Upvote 2

Makes no sense. If you have something and you need something else, you're bound to go use what you get to get that "something else." We've had this conversation a few dozen times before across the entire community. If you're a supplier, you're obligated to give out everything you get. Nobody keeps what they get from IFM through that status. That means everything goes and the reality of the situation is, indeed, that everyone has money — so it comes down to politics.

These talks usually keep coming from people who don't have the luck to be in with some of the existing suppliers but considering there's going to be 6 new gun suppliers and 6 new electronic suppliers, that's 100% bound to change.

If you don't know how it works then you shouldn't speak on it and this is what the overall suggestion is.

bit of an edit:

FYI the problem isn't the market itself, it is the hoarders. If you're a supplier of any kind through IFM you will never ever get away with giving your whole monthly drop to 1 single player / individual / faction. You will get removed for it. There are however people who hoard illegal items instead of putting them into the market and that's what the problem is — there's no weed schemes anymore because there's like 20 kilograms worth of weed on the entire server that nobody does anything with and that's just an example.

Otherwise money is 100% green but if you won't be an advantage to someone, then they're not here to sell to you & generally suppliers aren't here to fuck the market either (selling 1 handgun for $50K is dumb and ruins the economy, so is overpricing drugs).

Unfortunately the supplier issue is a more complex topic and it's easier to point, accuse and assume rather than realize what's going on.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, liq said:

Makes no sense. If you have something and you need something else, you're bound to go use what you get to get that "something else." We've had this conversation a few dozen times before across the entire community. If you're a supplier, you're obligated to give out everything you get. Nobody keeps what they get from IFM through that status. That means everything goes and the reality of the situation is, indeed, that everyone has money — so it comes down to politics.

These talks usually keep coming from people who don't have the luck to be in with some of the existing suppliers but considering there's going to be 6 new gun suppliers and 6 new electronic suppliers, that's 100% bound to change.

If you don't know how it works then you shouldn't speak on it and this is what the overall suggestion is.

bit of an edit:

FYI the problem isn't the market itself, it is the hoarders. If you're a supplier of any kind through IFM you will never ever get away with giving your whole monthly drop to 1 single player / individual / faction. You will get removed for it. There are however people who hoard illegal items instead of putting them into the market and that's what the problem is — there's no weed schemes anymore because there's like 20 kilograms worth of weed on the entire server that nobody does anything with and that's just an example.

Otherwise money is 100% green but if you won't be an advantage to someone, then they're not here to sell to you & generally suppliers aren't here to fuck the market either (selling 1 handgun for $50K is dumb and ruins the economy, so is overpricing drugs).

The illegal scene should be about money. Not trading drugs for guns. I don't know where the drugs for guns thing came from, but it needs to stop, that's what this suggestion is about, not because I've had "no luck" with suppliers.

• Upvote 2

The illegal scene is about money.

It should continue to be about money for as long as you don't get 800% mark up on a simple item. If you buy a gun for 60K without bullets or people start selling meth for 1K a pop because "money is worthless" (senseless argument) that isn't OK either.

Trading is completely fine and isn't what you think it is. You give your opinion based on 20% understanding of how the market really works, who are the players that have what, how much something costs at different levels from supplier to middleman to middleman to middleman to middleman etc. and that's what's inherently wrong with your suggestion & why it doesn't make sense.

Once you understand the real problem: there are too many people wanting to be suppliers and flippers but not enough users then you can start tackling it. Right now you don't understand the problem so what you're saying doesn't make sense because things aren't like that, for some reason you believe they are.

• Upvote 1
Just now, liq said:

You give your opinion based on 20% understanding of how the market really works, who are the players that have what, how much something costs at different levels from supplier to middleman to middleman to middleman to middleman etc. and that's what's inherently wrong with your suggestion & why it doesn't make sense.

Not really bro, I've got quite a vivid understanding of how the market works. Every supplier I've come across IG when it comes to guns has begged my char to give up his entire drug stash in exchange for guns, resulting in me stepping away from the roleplay. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, which is why it needs to stop.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Decker said:

Not really bro, I've got quite a vivid understanding of how the market works. Every supplier I've come across IG when it comes to guns has begged my char to give up his entire drug stash in exchange for guns, resulting in me stepping away from the roleplay. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, which is why it needs to stop.

So you did get unlucky with whoever you were dealing with which resulted in a narrowminded suggestion saying "everybody does this!" without looking at the whole market. I know you believe that you have a vivid understanding of how the market is, but I'm here to tell you that you don't.

The problem aren't exchanges, the problem is exactly who you dealt with having poor politicking skills and not understanding how it should've went.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, liq said:

So you did get unlucky with whoever you were dealing with which resulted in a narrowminded suggestion saying "everybody does this!" without looking at the whole market. I know you believe that you have a vivid understanding of how the market is, but I'm here to tell you that you don't.

The problem aren't exchanges, the problem is exactly who you dealt with having poor politicking skills and not understanding how it should've went.

I hear what you're saying, but it's obviously not just me having this issue, considering that many people agree with my comments on it.

1 hour ago, TonyMontana12 said:

They'd usually do that trade because the firearm is severely under-priced because it's stolen and the addict is clucking, usually reselling the gun ASAP for cash themselves.
All comes back to money, the IRL root of all evil,, but the current situation is money is worthless in the illegal scene, and that's factual - and if you haven't realized it yet? You haven't rp'd within the illegal scene enough, I can think of three people who's ever sold me a gun for cash in 2050 hours on the server...
None of them held a weapon / drug supplier role, they likely only sold me it because we're friends.

I don't think there should be an OOC rule - but IFM should be checking that these things are ACTUALLY being distributed and sold on, not ALL stockpiled and trades, suppliers should have some outsiders their selling too for cash.

I literally just bought one for cash 2 days ago so don't make accusations 

If you're coming to my character for a bulk buy, I may do it for cash (I tend to accept it and have, just check my posts in my faction thread), but I quickly found that selling my whole supply to criminal x, puts me down without RP for one to two weeks, and all I got out of it was simple cash.  Ultimately, I want to create roleplay for myself and others. If your character is trying to bulk buy from me for cash, why from my perspective should I take it? I'll create more consistent rp by just dealing it out to my local ground floor guys, and have them upcharge for even more money on the street level, meaning I get higher revenue, and the added OOC benefit of consistent rp. 

If you come to me and offer an exchange of drugs, or some other illegal supply, I can use that to spin it into more RP for myself and my associates. For me this is just an added benefit and keeps people wanting to RP. Ultimately, if someone has something that I want or need, and I really need it, then they hold the power in that position from an IC standpoint. It creates interesting RP. 

I've mainly gotten away from bulk selling for cash because it generates almost zero rp. Come to me with a trade or I'll keep my supply selling on the street. 

• Upvote 1