Make a rule stopping people from trading guns for drugs or vice versa.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, Decker said:

In real life, no drug dealer is going to give up half of their supply in exchange for a weapon.

The reason for this isn’t the players, it’s IFM toying with the amount of drugs and guns ratio. The reason why people give up half their supply for a “weapon” is because guns are so scarce that they are valued this way.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Morte666 said:

It never fails to see people trying to have a say so in the illegal scene when they have no accolades… 

Let’s not forget that those who can implement change refuse to work with illegal roleplayers to fix issues like this.

I kinda understand why this would seem goofy as fuck but I don't see it as much of an issue as long as as the items being traded are of relatively equal value. If trades are frequently being done where the values don't match, then RMT could be to blame and that's something that DOES need looking into and if that needs regulations then so be it. I doubt someone would go to that lengths to pull off a scam as it's something that requires effort, creativity a little bit of brain power to do. Not always things that go hand in hand with GTAW but I guess still possible.

Edited by Moonsong

I wasn't aware of this being an issue. Part of it though, I daresay, comes from the sheer amount of people who see guns and drugs as necessary gameplay assets. Yes, those people who run around drug stacking (when it was possible), carrying a piece with just enough ammo for a shootout, and care next to nothing about losing it... So long that life brought them a replacement gun.

Saying staff should crack on these is easy, arguably it boils down to double standards... But ban evading is so widespread there's very little staff can do about it at this point. The changes that are really needed to fix problems with the player base's mentality can only be fixed from above. A perma ban for DM is worthless if the banned player is gonna be back on a new account in a couple of hours... And those not knowing how to do it aren't encouraged enough when they see people breaking every rule in the book and getting a 60-minute ajail.

Politics come into play, inaction, the wrong priorities... That's just my opinion and a bit of a ramble.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:54 AM, Decker said:

In real life, no drug dealer is going to give up half of their supply in exchange for a weapon. Especially not in a country like America. It makes no sense at all. It's a very strange mindset and shouldn't have any place on a server that calls itself "heavy" roleplay. I'm not sure what exactly bought this trend about, but all I know is that it needs to stop for the good of the illegal roleplay scene on this server.

In real life there is a market for drugs, in the game there isn't, that should be fixed before you place another limitation on criminal rpers.

I don't think the people who run things understand how integral drugs are to illegal RP, if it were up to me drugs would have enough advantages to be pushed at rapid rates. We're on a server where dumb shit has rpg advantages but something as important as drugs doesn't, it all boils down to how illegal rp is seen and frankly, people not caring about it, it's been this way for years and will never change.

If we had a good drug market, these swaps would a rear occurrence. 

Edited by el capo