Robbery rule.

Although I understand the rule 10.1 regarding not using vehicles for simple muggings, I have a concern in the way it’s being used;

Multiple times I’ve seen people repoeted for breaking 10.1 after robbing someone; 

This after a robbery where several 1000s has been stolen, in a private place.

The rule states that it isn’t allowed for PETTY muggings for quick cash, not premediated robberies in private where there is much more at stake

I don't think the rule is too much of a problem , I haven't seen admins be upset over you parking around the corner and hopping out. It makes the robberies a lot more immersive if you approach on foot rather than pull up right in front of the victim and hop out with four guns.

The biggest problem was the quality of the robbery roleplay being preformed. A lot of time it was just 4 people with no intention to RP, they weren't apart of any faction and were just looking for guns.

Imo, if IFM is going to lock unofficial groups behind an application, why not give them some freedoms and leeways rule wise? Make it so if you're apart of an unofficial group you can rob with a vehicle.

-

Robberies really aren't and weren't as bad as people make them out to be. They mostly happened during low-pop times (200 players and less) and generally happened as a result of ignorance. Don't walk alone in shady alleyways, be more aware of your surroundings, you won't get robbed as much.

• Upvote 6

I am gonna try to put this simple. This is no simple matter, there are many factors at play here. On one hand I agree, that using a car to traverse larger distances should be allowed, because only an idiot would rob someone right beside their house. But look at it from somewhat different perspective and no I am not gonna ask anyone to look at it from civ angle, as that was summed up many times to no avail. First, bad examples tend to stick out and play the main role in defintion of many rules. Now it's tinted STX, before it was ATVs, before it was oh so broken BF400 gangs on robbing sprees. You see, people look for loopholes, which is the main reason rules are being put up. Secondly...and this plays a vital part imo, is economy. People trying to tell me, that three guys hopping out of a tinted STX which doesn't cost dozens of thousands exactly, waving Glocks which are not cheap either...are that poor, they have to resort to a random street robbery? Naaaah not buying it. They are oocly bored and wanted to spice up their stay on the server somehow, they are not in immediate need of money. If so, what they wanna spend it on? You know who will most likely resort to a random robbery? That kid biking on a bmx tucking away a knife in their hoodie and sniffing like crazy cause they are going through heavy withdrawal. That one is most likely to rob someone on the street. Not someone with big golden chain and expensive car.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

The mentality -some- people have that civies are just loot piniatas is troubling indeed. Doesnt surprise me that such mentality in a minority forces admin team to create drastic rules.

I just think some roleplayers are oblvious to the real world, some comments like "How is it normal to rob someone wearing a rolex walking down the street?"  My answer to this is how is it not normal, some of these chains in the server  are up for 100,000 to 50,000... You walking around all fly with this like you can't get that taken from you, is your own fault you know? People can't have nice things irl the crime rate irl is crazy depending on where you live.. so why do we need to restrict it in a game, if it's role-play.. if the players are constantly targetting robbery's and only robbery's you know that's a issue, because that is all they're doing,  saying you can't use a vehicle for a robbery is just crazy, you want people to jog / run from one side of the map to the other or get a taxi to go perform a robbey or just rob their locals.. it doesn't make sense at all.. stuff needs balanced, I get it's not a 'DM' server, I don't want to go off topic, but look at how most of these PK wars turn out to, criminal gangs - organization - hood gangs, being created  from their own choice Roleplaying out in the open as thugs / criminals.. then be told they want to cut ties with another said faction after a little conflict, why are "cutting ties" a thing when it comes to criminals vsing criminals  and instead being told to follow the ROE properly, there's many things people use to get out of IC things happening to them, which is quite annoying and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.. maybe if stuff was looked into civilians wouldn't be targetted as much, because gangs would target each other and organizations, this giving the police something to do to, every part of roleplay plays a role, everyone in the server plays a role that gives another persons roleplay something to do.. 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Ski said:

I just think some roleplayers are oblvious to the real world, some comments like "How is it normal to rob someone wearing a rolex walking down the street?"  My answer to this is how is it not normal, some of these chains in the server  are up for 100,000 to 50,000... You walking around all fly with this like you can't get that taken from you, is your own fault you know? People can't have nice things irl the crime rate irl is crazy depending on where you live.. so why do we need to restrict it in a game, if it's role-play.. if the players are constantly targetting robbery's and only robbery's you know that's a issue, because that is all they're doing,  saying you can't use a vehicle for a robbery is just crazy, you want people to jog / run from one side of the map to the other or get a taxi to go perform a robbey or just rob their locals.. it doesn't make sense at all.. stuff needs balanced, I get it's not a 'DM' server, I don't want to go off topic, but look at how most of these PK wars turn out to, criminal gangs - organization - hood gangs, being created  from their own choice Roleplaying out in the open as thugs / criminals.. then be told they want to cut ties with another said faction after a little conflict, why are "cutting ties" a thing when it comes to criminals vsing criminals  and instead being told to follow the ROE properly, there's many things people use to get out of IC things happening to them, which is quite annoying and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.. maybe if stuff was looked into civilians wouldn't be targetted as much, because gangs would target each other and organizations, this giving the police something to do to, every part of roleplay plays a role, everyone in the server plays a role that gives another persons roleplay something to do.. 

What is your better-than-the-current-rules solution to the obvious problem we had before (these rules were implemented) and which has been described in detail in this thread already? Otherwise this thread serves no purpose.

Edited by mj2002
10 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

What is your better-than-the-current-rules solution to the obvious problem we had before (these rules were implemented) and which has been described in detail in this thread already? Otherwise this thread serves no purpose.

Well for sure the non vehicle useage  for robbery needs to remade, add that cars allowed vans.. but not bikes / bmxes etc.. reword it so that you can park up the vehicle then run up to them... maybe look at why people can't travel to perform robbery's, I personal never had this issue I don't rob a lot, but it's the fact that if I wanted to commit a robbery, I'm very limited.. to do so.. I see other players talking how they'd like to be able to travel to perform a said robbery so maybe look into that... have people plan their robberys rather than just hit random people.. could be a soultion to people just randomly being run up on and searched and them being looted for nothing.. but again, you not always going to get something from someone so.. it's more of a risk allowing them to hit people at random, if you're just a regular rper and you're not moving careful then ofc you're going to be robbed in my oppinion... but fully restricting stuff because people pick that they'd rather restrict it than better their playstyle is kinda wack.. could always reword the travel robbery to better planning.. you know there's loads of different things you could put to make it a little more balanced.. the server is not just full of regular rpers, you have advanced rpers, criminal rpers, service rpers, without criminal rpers theres no leo Rpers etc.. you gotta keep the server fun.. and I get it, 'you think cos you can't rob it's not fun?' No one is saying that, it's the fact that they cannot go perform a robbery with it being a massive issues, not everyone just runs round robbing, they do their RP then sometimes go out on 'licks' where stuff can happen to their character if caught, ie you go jail, you get cops called n you, you're killed by the player you robbed if you don't RP it correclty, you don't tape up your license plate all change cars / clothing to not be IDed  etc..

Edited by Ski
5 minutes ago, Ski said:

Well for sure the non vehicle useage  for robbery needs to remade, add that cars allowed vans.. but not bikes / bmxes etc.. reword it so that you can park up the vehicle then run up to them... maybe look at why people can't travel to perform robbery's, I personal never had this issue I don't rob a lot, but it's the fact that if I wanted to commit a robbery, I'm very limited.. to do so.. I see other players talking how they'd like to be able to travel to perform a said robbery so maybe look into that... have people plan their robberys rather than just hit random people.. could be a soultion to people just randomly being run up on and searched and them being looted for nothing.. but again, you not always going to get something from someone so.. it's more of a risk allowing them to hit people at random, if you're just a regular rper and you're not moving careful then ofc you're going to be robbed in my oppinion... but fully restricting stuff because people pick that they'd rather restrict it than better their playstyle is kinda wack.

But all of what youre saying is already possible, right? You can /report and request permission. That way, it is verified that there is planning going on.  Its better for everyone except those who just want to rob whoever they see moving without any planning. Better for victims because they know the roleplay was done properly, better for serious roleplayers because they dont get the stigma of being lumped together with low effort loot hunters.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1