smoking improvements

croozerdog

I've recently gotten addicted to smoking, dumbest thing in the world.

It did make me notice that cigarettes are very bareboned compared to other drugs, even though it's a pretty heavily addictive one. I'd love to see the addiction system used for it and it should be pretty quickly turn into a habit (more addiction per than a joint for example)

I'd also love too see less choice, higher priced or both at 24/7's since you can still get them at a lot of stores and gas sations IRL, plus the 3d objects are displayed ingame which causes newbies and stubborn people to ask for smokes. A change in price/assortment will not make tobacco shops redundant.

In real life, tobacco stores start specializing in things like marijuana equipment and vaping accesories, I think both of these would be immersive additions to the current tobacco specialty stores, hopefully breathing some new life into them with more ways to choose to satiate your nicotine addiction without as much cancer!

tl:dr: smoking is one of the biggest drugs irl, it should be a drug ingame. not an addictionless consumable.

Edited by croozerdog
  • Upvote 3

I was personally surprised when smoking and drinking did not make it into the addiction system, but at the same time the addiction system right now seems to only really support harder drugs properly. If it is possible to add it to the current script, or add onto the current script relatively painlessly, then I'm all for it!

• Upvote 2