/missclick

codependency

I don't get why people are saying no? People do /b mc so why can't they do /mc [ID/name] and it gives the person the HP from the FIST damage they just dealt if it's used with in 10-15 seconds or w/e. How could it possibly be abused if the only person that can do the command is the person who did the misclick in the first place? 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, noname said:

I personally don’t believe that this would be a great addition to the server, I believe that it would just give people an opportunity to abuse the command and get their HP back during various situations

You can eat or ask an admin to get your HP back. There are plenty of opportunities, and by having a new command like /fixrevive will just tend to more abuse.

Everyone mentions abuse but no one mentions how that will actually happen. The command requires two parties to use it (the attacker & the one that was hit), it has a timer of 15 seconds from the moment you’re damaged, it’s restricted to fist damage only & it sends a message to all admins once used. I genuinely see no downside to this.

Reporting to get your health back from an admin is unrealistic because it takes very long to get a response on almost any report & this just increases the workload on admins who already are occupied with other tasks. Why do you think commands like /fixrevive and /fixvehicle exist? 

Edited by Serower
  • Upvote 1

I think a good middle ground on this would be for the DAMAGING party to have an automatic message in /b **Misclick**
The two * being so they cannot say they typed it etc - if their to do it within a shoot out then the reported party would have proof of said abuse via /b making it way more likely to get caught abusing thus less likely people will abuse.

38 minutes ago, TonyMontana12 said:

I think a good middle ground on this would be for the DAMAGING party to have an automatic message in /b **Misclick**
The two * being so they cannot say they typed it etc - if their to do it within a shoot out then the reported party would have proof of said abuse via /b making it way more likely to get caught abusing thus less likely people will abuse.

How would you differentiate between a mis-click and a roleplayed hit? Also this doesn't tidy up roleplay it makes it worse, it spams automated messages into OOC.

Admins can see logs if you type a command, and it prevents chat log build up.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Phallanx said:

How would you differentiate between a mis-click and a roleplayed hit? Also this doesn't tidy up roleplay it makes it worse, it spams automated messages into OOC.

Admins can see logs if you type a command, and it prevents chat log build up.

Because both players would've done the /misclick command, same reason it wouldn't spam OOC, because it would require two players too do what the OP suggested, yeah thats great and all, I understand admins can go digging through the logs BUT i feel this would just be a more efficient way, because everyone in the local area could see you just regained health from /misclick via /b, meaning if you was in a shoot out - and you saw that naturally you'd report, and you'd have solid evidence off the get to, making it highly unlikely players would abuse it given the likely hood they'll be caught for abusing.

None the less - with or without this command, either way i'm okay with it, neutral party, as an illegal role player I see the purpose having my drug HP mis clicked away or nailed by motorbike passenger desyncs, also see how easily it could be abused.

I didn't read the whole thread, but what stops someone typing the command to add health back to their friend? Which has been lost due to a fight or other injury?  I don't think there is any code that will limit this to only being sent by someone who MCd.

Edited by Welsh
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 8:43 PM, Welsh said:

I didn't read the whole thread, but what stops someone typing the command to add health back to their friend? Which has been lost due to a fight or other injury?  I don't think there is any code that will limit this to only being sent by someone who MCd.

The 15 second timer does the job, and on top of that this command can be restricted to fist attacks only. No one really missclicks with weapons.... or at least no one does as frequently as they do fist missclicks.

Edited by Serower
  • Upvote 1