The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

itt: people screech at "legal roleplayers" like they have anything to do with how illegal faction management handles rule implementations

lol calm down guys the lesbians aren't coming for your shiesties, yall are ridiculous smdh 

most of the so called "cat ears" bitches you're whining about don't go on the forums anyway, and I can tell you from experience those of us who take legal rp seriously don't like them either. using them as a strawman is like someone saying all illegal rpers are bad and using the average (and very common) 7 AM chainrobber as evidence

this thread was not posted by one of your pansexual bogeymen, it was posted by the former head of IFM, so idk why ur acting like mallrats have anything to do with it?

be better lmao, this isn't an us vs them situation its a discussion on masks. the fact ur taking it so personally that ur all attacking people directly is very telling 

Edited by ChromaticDeath
  • Upvote 9
On 3/14/2024 at 5:11 PM, ChromaticDeath said:

itt: people screech at "legal roleplayers" like they have anything to do with how illegal faction management handles rule implementations

lol calm down guys the lesbians aren't coming for your shiesties, yall are ridiculous smdh 

most of the so called "cat ears" bitches you're whining about don't go on the forums anyway, and I can tell you from experience those of us who take legal rp seriously don't like them either. using them as a strawman is like someone saying all illegal rpers are bad and using the average (and very common) 7 AM chainrobber as evidence

this thread was not posted by one of your pansexual bogeymen, it was posted by the former head of IFM, so idk why ur acting like mallrats have anything to do with it?

be better lmao, this isn't an us vs them situation its a discussion on masks. the fact ur taking it so personally that ur all attacking people directly is very telling 

Legal RPers absolutely do have an effect on rules, legal RPers are for sure to blame for us not being able to use vehicles for robberies. Because they’re the majority of robbery victims which isn’t just cuz there’s an OOC agenda against legal RPers. It’s cuz legal RPers (besides cops) don’t have the same situational awareness as illegal RPers because they aren’t used to being in faction conflicts. Same reason they normally can’t shoot as well either (besides cops).

the Japanese cat ear lesbian fast n furious car mechanics also FOR SURE go on the forums, reporting ppl and making threads complaining about shit. It’s 2024, I don’t like you insinuating I’m homophonic I’m not. It’s not about their sexuality it’s about them being a hypersexualized shit portrayal unrealistic chars and then thinking they’re somehow an authority on what is and isn’t realistic in illegal RP. I feel like a lot of these ppl w hyper sexualized caricatures (not even chars) aren’t even actually RPing a char, they just hop on here like it’s IMVU.

Honey made the thread asking a question and for discussion, not making demands like some ppl in here. I don’t have a problem or grudge against legal RP is 100 percent necessary for the server. There’s sum shit yall will always see some shit one and we’ll see it the other. It is what it is. It’s really not even that deep. I just don’t want anymore draconian rules like having to get admin permission to use a vehicle for a robbery. 

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, The Plug said:

I just don’t want anymore draconian rules like having to get admin permission to use a vehicle for a robbery. 

While I'm sympathetic, it was from my own opinion necessary as a blanket solution. 

Whilst you yourself are probably one of the more upstanding people out there, for every you, There's about 25-50 shitters who just use masks as a shield to hide behind so they can break rules when there's little to no admin oversight available. Mind you a shit choice, as mask ID's are logged and are easily backtracked. Funny doe how ppl think they're invincible behind them. 

I'm pretty sure the reply from management or the upper echelons of the admin team was "The no use car for robbery" rule was a blanket approach to an accute problem, as long as that problem remains, so does that rule. You want it removed, start banding together with others in getting these shitters yeeted so that it no longer has to be a blanket rule.

I'll call it for the masks aswell. It'll reach a certain point, if it hasn't already where they'll go "Okay, nope. Enough is enough". And do the same for the masks, untill it improves, if ever. 

I'd much rather have it be an IC ruling, brought forward like what we're doing for the shit tier driving (Despite it already being watered down significantly) and you'll see a noticeable effect. But even that runs into the same problem as before, that IFM or LFM have to sign off on it. And chances of either or both signing off on that to become an IC rule I don't forsee happening. 

Edited by Kenshi
  • Upvote 6
12 hours ago, The Plug said:

I just don’t want anymore draconian rules like having to get admin permission to use a vehicle for a robbery. 

12 hours ago, Kenshi said:

it was from my own opinion necessary as a blanket solution. 

It isn't just necessary, it's literally a critical structure in the wellbeing of the server. 

We get a LOT of people coming here that haven't been around to see what it's like without the rule, and it plays out like some stupid B-quality horror movie where the inexperienced folks unironically say "You know, I think they were overreacting when they sealed the cave of super mega doom. The people that sealed it were morons that don't appreciate us and how responsible we are. As an act to prove how we're responsible, we should reopen the cave of super mega doom. What could go wrong?"

Nobody asks "Hey, is there someone here that has experience with this rule and the conditions that warranted it being implemented?" Literally not even the tiniest little hint of curiosity, it's reliably a one hundred percent guarantee that the discussion will always be someone kicking it off with "We should do away with it." or "It's bad, and whoever thought it up is bad."

Why's that a problem?

Because the one time we decided not to have it, it literally killed the more popular of our two servers in just a couple of months.

That's not hyperbole, that's fact. Liberty City yielded a population bigger than this original GTAW server, and it also came with the added promise that the car mugging rule would be no more. A criminal's paradise! ...until it wasn't. The criminal activity burned through the civilian population in a couple of weeks, and soon criminals found the only people they were mugging were eachother. Legit suggestions came around saying that the SA server should be shut down to support the LC server, and renewed talks about banning indoor roleplay began to materialize right alongside it. 

By the time the rule was restored, the LC sever population was stuck in the double digits, didn't have enough of a roleplay singularity going on, and fizzled out. 

It's an easy tell, it gives away who's been here and really been a part of the community, when someone talks about what rules should be changed. It's a good tell because it shows us who was here to see the events leading up to the new rule. I was there to see the cementing of the car robbery rule, and I was there to see the Drew Banks amendments made to prohibit robbing hunters. 

The rule's not going away, not unless someone can build a time machine to go back and undo the mistake that killed Liberty City.

Now, the root cause of this? The reason WHY these rules are necessary? Because some folks don't come here to roleplay. I came here to roleplay, and my muggings were literally roleplay focused with actual script gains being exclusively whatever the mark wanted to give up. They weanted to keep that gun? They could. They wanted to keep their money and their phone? They could. I Made hundreds of thousands doing this because people LOVE roleplay-focused criminals. The people they encounter most often though, are people that focus on the script gains and less on the roleplay. These people they encounter, will use every excuse possible to ignore fear RP, and every possible mechanical advantage to guarantee a win, even if it means sidelining roleplay quality to get it.

People that do that? Need to find another server. We're here to roleplay IC interactions, not compete for OOC clout in one of the most elaborate games of pretend ever.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 7
On 3/17/2024 at 4:23 AM, The Plug said:

Legal RPers absolutely do have an effect on rules, legal RPers are for sure to blame for us not being able to use vehicles for robberies. Because they’re the majority of robbery victims which isn’t just cuz there’s an OOC agenda against legal RPers. It’s cuz legal RPers (besides cops) don’t have the same situational awareness as illegal RPers because they aren’t used to being in faction conflicts. Same reason they normally can’t shoot as well either (besides cops).

I don't understand why you keep repeating the same talking points over and over again without actually engaging in a meaningful discussion. There have dozens of threads about this, and every time the answer is the same. If you want to use vehicles for robberies again, then come up with a way in which this can be achieved without creating a meta where a few dozen players can ruin the experience of roleplaying on this server for pretty much everyone else. That's what the situation was before, and pretending it didn't happen or that it wasn't so bad isn't going to change anything.

All you come up with is 'This is unrealistic and it should be allowed again', and then conveniently ignoring the consequences of implementing your ideas. When you make a substantial change in the rules, you have to consider all the reasonably expected impacts that this change may have. Are you willing to do this? If so, then please demonstrate for us how this would work and what your plan is for mitigating the glaringly obvious flaws in your approach. Is that really too much to ask? Once again, do you actually want these changes or do you just want to complain about this topic?

Edited by mj2002

feel like it should be completely in-character, its not unrealistic or crazy to wear a mask around. philadelphia recently passed a law thats now banning ski masks due to it's excessive usage by urban teens, maybe los santos government can implement that? idk

Edited by 100 dollar bill
18 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I don't understand why you keep repeating the same talking points over and over again without actually engaging in a meaningful discussion. There have dozens of threads about this, and every time the answer is the same. If you want to use vehicles for robberies again, then come up with a way in which this can be achieved without creating a meta where a few dozen players can ruin the experience of roleplaying on this server for pretty much everyone else. That's what the situation was before, and pretending it didn't happen or that it wasn't so bad isn't going to change anything.

All you come up with is 'This is unrealistic and it should be allowed again', and then conveniently ignoring the consequences of implementing your ideas. When you make a substantial change in the rules, you have to consider all the reasonably expected impacts that this change may have. Are you willing to do this? If so, then please demonstrate for us how this would work and what your plan is for mitigating the glaringly obvious flaws in your approach. Is that really too much to ask? Once again, do you actually want these changes or do you just want to complain about this topic?

you keep talking like there’s a fucking consensus among the entire server that this is good. There isn’t. Y’all are the only ones who want this shit. The overwhelming majority of illegal RPers do not.

y’all basically said if you don’t stop getting robbed there’s gonna be no legal RPers. I don’t understand how the fuck you can get robbed multiple times. You see a car full of 4 masked ppl spinning and you stand outside. Get in a fucking car and drive off or go inside, it’s pretty simple. 

52 minutes ago, The Plug said:

you keep talking like there’s a fucking consensus among the entire server that this is good. There isn’t. Y’all are the only ones who want this shit. The overwhelming majority of illegal RPers do not.

y’all basically said if you don’t stop getting robbed there’s gonna be no legal RPers. I don’t understand how the fuck you can get robbed multiple times. You see a car full of 4 masked ppl spinning and you stand outside. Get in a fucking car and drive off or go inside, it’s pretty simple. 

then illegal rpers will cry "legal rpers always mg seeing MASKED and run away and its ruining the criminal rp". like christ maybe robbery rp should be banned all together if its the only thing that gets complained about in this server. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Woona said:

then illegal rpers will cry "legal rpers always mg seeing MASKED and run away and its ruining the criminal rp". like christ maybe robbery rp should be banned all together if its the only thing that gets complained about in this server. 

literally no illegal RPers will complain about that. That's gotta be the most P2W bullshit I've ever heard. It's common sense IRL and IG that if you see a car with 4 masked people in it, they're probably up to no good. If they're spinning past or they stop near you, anybody would understand IRL or IC that you should run. 

The illegal RPers aren't the ones crying here it's yall. And once again I want to reiterate that I don't have a problem with legal RPers, there is for sure a difference between legal RPers and mallrats. I have friends who chars are mainly only legal RP oriented and I RP with a lot of legal business owners on my chars. So don't think I have sum grudge or look down on legal RP I don't. But the idea that the majority of the complaining is coming from illegal RP is blatantly false and not true. Mallrats and even some legal RPers chronically make threads complaining about shit. Yall get robbed or something happens to you once then you take to the forums pen is mightier than the sword looking ass, I stg. 

Your last statement about banning robberies pretty much sums up how yall view shit on this server. You think everything needs to revolve around your POV or your needs are more important than illegal RPers, they're not. If legal RP is the backbone of the server then illegal RP is its beating heart. It's not our fucking job to cater to your every whim because yall are too perceptually inept to spot a fucking blatant robbery waiting to happen in 4K. Your seriously suggesting that because you are apparently not capable of avoiding getting robbed (you'd think if you get robbed so much maybe youd fucking learn to do shit differently IC) that illegal RPers should have an entire avenue of income and char dev removed. 

Who the fuck do yall think yall are??

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1