The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

959 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's very simple, do you believe that the amount of masks (outside of criminal acts, ie robberies/hits) is unnecessary and immersion breaking to the server? Do you think that this east coast culture should not be allowed to be portrayed on a west coast based server?

For example; you're driving down Strawberry Avenue and 3 males, Mask_J23AH_23, Mask_13OA_42 and Mask_A94GF_2 are walking down the street on their way home. 

Does there need to be server rules to bar this from occurring constantly or do you not believe it's a problem?

EDIT: Ideally we do not want to add on micromanagement or more server rules, so we are also looking for alternatives to fixing the problem.

Edited by honey.
  • Upvote 12

I prefer if people didn't wear masks 24/7 it is pretty stupid but it's hard because to be fair. We don't need more admin oversight on certain things. Maybe bubble maskname during a war? I don't know the solution to an obvious problem.

• Upvote 1

This became a trend after LC was open for 3 weeks then people flocked back. All there ever was on LC was having a shiesty on 24/7. It looks goofy and has no actual place with how it is portrayed.

Adding it as a server rule begs the question of meta-gaming upon good people, though. It'll soon become the meta that if masked = doing crime, therefore if masked = probably armed or having goodies on them, thus masked = targeted (by cops, by opps, by whoever). 

• Upvote 23

This is needed (the rule aspect), for several reasons that I'll list below:

• The California gang culture is vastly different to the Midwest/East Coast gang culture (to my knowledge), and shiesties / open faced ski masks are a bit over the top in a way. Sure they're cool for doing hits, this leads me to my second point;
  • You can literally drive down Davis or Chamberlain and encounter 7 people all wearing a ski mask, now I'm not a fan of restrictions but when it breaks the line of common sense n becomes moronic; it needs to be dealt with. The big issue here is that while there might be some people in L.A who'd wear a shiesty casually, you aren't going to see every single person in sight wearing one unless its for a video shoot (or something gang related, which the average civ usually doesn't encounter anyways). Roleplay population cannot be compared to a real life population in a city like L.A, where L.S meets 900 people at most and 600 casually, L.A has millions. There needs to be some sort of line drawn for this.

This has been an ongoing issue for months, and quite frankly always seen it as an internal problem; where you'd expect the leader of the faction to uphold quality and enforce something against this. But it hasn't happened, and I do truly think there needs to be some sort of restriction in place for it. 

If anything, make it so if you aren't actively in a gang related activity / criminal activity, or doing a music shoot or flexing for social media, that you shouldn't really wear it.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

I know this server isn't LSRP, but it's LSRP inspired and started by people who came from LSRP. On there, people could /mask whenever they wanted to even without an IC mask. The fact that it's a rule that you're required to have an IC mask in order to OOC mask on this server is a great thing and a great expansion to that old rule. As far as I see it, it's an IC problem. The reason why people find an issue in it is because they aren't able to metagame people's names when something bad happens to them. Cops could ask people to take it off for whatever reason. Otherwise, it's their freedom to wear one. It's all IC. It would be pretty lame to restrict people on it imo. 

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 2

On the fence, I can see both sides of this. 

There becomes a point where using /maskname is too excessive, and maybe we could benefit from a community wide reminder.

However everything else should be handled ICly, wearing a mask ICly shouldn’t be something that is micro-managed OOCly

• Upvote 1