Overtly bigoted characters

munnezza

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This server desperately needs IRS. People don t care about becoming felons or being cancelled ( which IRL you d be fired from most jobs if you were filmed saying racist shit ) because there is no consequence. Most characters don t RP a job yet still have a house and car and money to buy a gun and gas.

Being arrested SHOULD mean something, it basically means you can t ever get a real job if you re a felon.

I don't think the IRS cares about individual employees being racist. It's more likely of them to prosecute those businesses that discriminate their employees and clients on a racial basis.

The example you've mentioned is mostly a HR policy. 

But I agree, you'd get barred from most job opportunities if you were a felon or a documented racist (e.g. I recognize you from a yt video where you say some questionable stuff).

What I'd love to add to this discussion is my experience with the REAL forms of racism that I've encountered as an immigrant in my childhood. Real racism is silent and barely noticeable by the others than the victims are the perpetrators. It's not about calling people names, but about how much you can toy with their dignity as people.

Real racism is when you're with your parents at a restaurant and the server is having you wait more than the others and acting quite condescending. Or when they have you seated on a table far away because they've heard you speak another language. And, the worst part, if you complain about this behavior, you're the one at fault and and an aggressive and uncivilized immigrant.

• Upvote 1
Just now, DLimit said:

Just curious, but is that in the U.S.? Based on my memory, the U.S. and Ukraine were one of the two states that rejected the UNO proposal to combat against Nazism. It's pretty much engrained in the nation. 

I honestly have no idea. I am in central EU, literally next to Ukraine, so we naturally were occupied during WW2 which led to ban on anything that resembles wartime Germany portrayal including imagery and tattoos. We have a law against nazi imagery and racism.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You cannot arrest people with nazi imagery tattoos in US? Hmm didn't know that, in here having a nazi tattoo is a criminal offense under extremist movements and anitsemitism, plus pretty much if you sport such tattoos, you are automatically cancelled here.

The first amendment of our constitution protects this as free speech and expression. However it’s obviously looked down upon by 99 percent of society and while you may get your ass kicked on the streets for it, the government can’t arrest or fine you for it.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, voucher said:

The first amendment of our constitution protects this as free speech and expression. However it’s obviously looked down upon by 99 percent of society and while you may get your ass kicked on the streets for it, the government can’t arrest or fine you for it.

Yes, but anyone working a job above fast food is going to get kicked out if they're filmed being racist, because companies don't want to get boycotted just for one idiot.

The Internet and the Left is very fast to cancel/doxx people if they're being shitheads.

• Upvote 1

Some of the people commenting here are commenting like they have no real life experience or ever get off the game and go outside. This idea that the IRS comes in and kicks doors and takes names is asinine, you know the only thing stopping me from getting 50K back on my taxes this year? I'm not willing to fight the federal govt in legal battles. I've changed my mind about the IRS even being a thought to be a faction in this game, because people think they're gonna come kick your door in and take you to jail for having money hidden in the walls. 

People are racist in all walks of life everyday, this is nothing new. Gang members exist in real life, maybe not in the parts of the world you're in but here they do. In AMERICA you can't just go to jail for having imagery on your body. Also like Midwest pointed out, a lot of the skinheads in game and real life are militarized by these forms of racism, often times it's used to get these youngsters to do whatever the old heads want them to do. It's quite literally indoctrination. I beg of you to do simple google searches.

Or go outside.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

Some of the people commenting here are commenting like they have no real life experience or ever get off the game and go outside. This idea that the IRS comes in and kicks doors and takes names is asinine, you know the only thing stopping me from getting 50K back on my taxes this year? I'm not willing to fight the federal govt in legal battles. I've changed my mind about the IRS even being a thought to be a faction in this game, because people think they're gonna come kick your door in and take you to jail for having money hidden in the walls. 

People are racist in all walks of life everyday, this is nothing new. Gang members exist in real life, maybe not in the parts of the world you're in but here they do. In AMERICA you can't just go to jail for having imagery on your body. Also like Midwest pointed out, a lot of the skinheads in game and real life are militarized by these forms of racism, often times it's used to get these youngsters to do whatever the old heads want them to do. It's quite literally indoctrination. I beg of you to do simple google searches.

Or go outside.

I dare you say some racist shit in public without consequences. What are you going to do? Shoot them up because they told you NO-NO don't say the bad word?

Nah bro, Nazi punks get punched or fucked up for doing shit like that in public.

Edited by munnezza

I carry a different opinion, I was born and raised in Southern California having moved around from Los Angeles to the IE, I've seen and known woods, and I've seen people whom I believe to be skinheads. I have seen a swastika once in my life and that was on the leg of some white dude at the DMV. With that personal anecdote  aside, I say all that to say this. I have no problem with racism IC, none at all, IC is IC after all but the consequences should be there. People get to comfortable with calling black gang members "niggers" or calling a Mexican a "Spic", or having "Nigger Killer" blasted on there forehead. If you do in such and you get shot in your fucking face, don't go /report poor escalation. No you absolutely knew what was coming when you said what you said, or did what you did. Too much leeway is given for that type of shit. 

• Upvote 4