Rework Police Helicopter rules.

Rubbish

As the title implies I'm looking to change how police helicopters operate.

At current rate police helicopters seem to be used for everything even little things and are incredibly overpowered, there's been a good few forum reports up right now where people get arrested due to them in what I believe to be an unfair advantage and borderline powergaming/P2W with their camera being able to see literally everything in full 8K definition.

Instead of proactive they should be considered reactionary to assist in chases rather than camp over South Central or scan every vehicle in the hopes of seeing someone with their gun out (which is 90% of the time a visual bug) or anything other remotely illegal.

What happened to gameplay over realism?

While I haven't been victim of it myself yet I can see the frustration of others in it. As it stands right now LEO factions might as well have an autonomous satellite that scans the streets of LS and pings all cops online whenever someone speeds through an intersection or puts on a mask.

For reference;

Just to name a few.

Discuss.

Edited by Rubbish
  • Upvote 6

There need to be some rule changes or something done with the internal policy on helicam use. They used to he a hot topic for debate and regulation even before the latest update that basically gave them the ability to see any /me in 4K from miles up in the air.

There will be an uptick n toxicty, spite reports, force crashes and overall headaches as a lot of people will (rightfully) find that a helicopter they can't even see can perfectly spy on their RP is pretty unfair

The auto tracking 120x zoom thermal camera was enough. Was this really necessary?

Edited by DeadPlaya

I kinda agree with this, whatsoever. I'm not sure how is in US, but here in Europe Police has to have damn good reason to lift helicopter. I mean, yeah, if it's some high profile criminal perhaps, but... For kids running away on their scooters they for sure won't lift helicopters. Plus, I agree it gives unfair chance for any criminal to actually escape. 

Yeah, if you robbed a bank or murdered someone go for it, but... Otherwise it just isn't balanced. 

Edited by Revolter
1 hour ago, DeadPlaya said:

Did you even read any of the reports linked

No, and I don't intend to. I know the one on Darnell is bogus.

You can't call for balance or fairness only when it suits you. Where was the balance when SWAT got ambushed in Vespucci by 6 suicide assassins? Where is the fairness when civilians are basically loot pinattas for criminals?

AIR is a role that needs to be fun for the people playing AIR. More OOC restrictions don't do that. A lot have already quit in the last wave when LFM put in restrictions that were never discussed with them.

23 minutes ago, Revolter said:

Yeah, if you robbed a bank or murdered someone go for it, but... Otherwise it just isn't balanced. 

In Los Santos cops get assassinated in the streets, having a chopper up 24/7 is not only reasonable, it should be mandatory.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 2

I'm gonna say this before more people will add their comment to this suggestion.  Police helicopter rules are already being looked into by LFM.

I will close this topic if people start getting toxic, keep it respectful.

Edited by Hood
  • Upvote 1

Police helicopters definitely don’t patrol in real life like they do here. People not being able to hear or see it is definitely an issue too. I also saw people mentioning the imbalance between cops and criminals. It’s always going to be that way. In real life, it’s the same way. Cops always have the upper hand. You can’t change it.

Edited by tomatoz
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

Police helicopters definitely don’t patrol in real life like they do here. I also saw people mentioning the imbalance between cops and criminals. It’s always going to be that way. In real life, it’s the same way. Cops always have the upper hand. You can’t change it.

They do

https://knock-la.com/lapd-helicopter-surveillance-6ed93fb7c9a/

https://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-lapd-helicopter-20150308-story.html

"Tapping into the data-driven policing trend, the department uses heat maps, technology and years of statistics to identify crime “hot spots.” Pilots then use their downtime to fly over them, on the theory that would-be criminals tend to rethink their nefarious plans when there’s an airship hovering overhead."

Edited by Zach..
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

The lapd have like 3-6 helicopters up at all times.

3-6 helicopters up for tens of millions of people is a different ratio than 1 up for 500-600. Also, there's constant foot and vehicle traffic. A helicopter camera operator stays busy. Here, you have a handul of vehicles around at the same time. They get undivided, constant attention from the AIR unit that's up. This is about fairness to other players, their time and their RP. Not criminal - police balance.

• Upvote 2
  • Phased locked this topic