General lack of regular car dealers. Has it always been this way?

phdinlsd

I notice a trend with a lot of the player-owned dealerships on the server, and it’s the general lack of regular, everyday cars. There seems to be this high demand among a lot of players for exclusively expensive cars that dictates the entire car market, and it’s rare that I see a niche of people who just want to portray regular car owners.

I get that there’s obviously a difference between luxury car dealers and general cars dealers, but my point is that luxury dealers seem to be the norm a majority of the time, unless you actively seek out lower-end vehicles - and while I understand that the car your character drives has nothing to do with your actual RP, I think it can set the tone for a character. Is there any merit to this? Are there any player-owned dealerships that offer civilian cars, rather than the fully tuned, performance and security package sports cars that you usually see people owning outright?

• Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, sio said:

It's because most people don't drive the "regular" cars, they drive tuners, so they are just over represented in the car population in general.

That’s what I figured. I’m more just curious if there are any dealerships that only offer a certain tier of car. Not knocking anyone that drives the typical tuner.

4 hours ago, phdinlsd said:

That’s what I figured. I’m more just curious if there are any dealerships that only offer a certain tier of car. Not knocking anyone that drives the typical tuner.

I've noticed less dealerships in general from the peak in 2019, I think most of them deal in just a general stock. I would figure most of their supply comes from the playerbase, which is why there is not a lot of "low end" vehicles in there.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, sio said:

I've noticed less dealerships in general from the peak in 2019, I think most of them deal in just a general stock. I would figure most of their supply comes from the playerbase, which is why there is not a lot of "low end" vehicles in there.

i've noticed the same thing, there used to be plenty of dealerships open but the time i actually wanted to browse some, you'd be lucky if even one opens per day, even luckier if there are any normal everyday cars there

15 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Regular cars prices are too high and they're not worth it compared to other cars.

I disagree, regular cars are priced fine. 

Sports cars and super cars are prices too low relative to the vast amount of money you can quickly attain. 

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1

I'm avid shitbox fan. Both in real life and in game. However car dealerships don't often even want to buy a lower end vehicle, and if they do, I get lowballed into oblivion. For example, Stratum. Very nice station wagon, registered one is 60k brand new, however I got offered 10k from a dealership. 

In conclusion, it's just not worth it to sell a low end car to a car dealership. 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Ouch said:

I'm avid shitbox fan. Both in real life and in game. However car dealerships don't often even want to buy a lower end vehicle, and if they do, I get lowballed into oblivion. For example, Stratum. Very nice station wagon, registered one is 60k brand new, however I got offered 10k from a dealership. 

In conclusion, it's just not worth it to sell a low end car to a car dealership. 

Wish it was different, but this is exactly how it goes. The server's car economy is very sports car/tuner centric, and I get that it would be hard to sustain a dealership that deals only in shitboxes because of the way the demand on the server is. This makes it hard to find a simple truck or sedan unless you get lucky and buy one second-hand or get it from the server for full retail price.