Making LSPD/LSSD Less Overpowered.

Dynamko

9 minutes ago, Laird Mayhew said:

I have literally said in multiple posts that both sides are to blame lmao. I absolutely agree that LEO needs a massive overhaul. All I’m doing is pointing a light showing how one-sided this argument is when all illegal players do is show up and blame everything on LEO, which is what other people in this thread have done. All I’m saying is for them to look in the mirror and maybe something would change. Take that as you will. 

My character drives their vehicles like a human being yet all LEO (that I saw) drive like criminals. All of them ignore intersections, most of them ignore speed limit. If it were the other way around, my character would get pulled over (and maybe frisked?) lol. That's "power abuse". Please don't tell me to protest it ICly. We all know that won't do anything.

45 minutes ago, Laird Mayhew said:

I have literally said in multiple posts that both sides are to blame lmao. I absolutely agree that LEO needs a massive overhaul. All I’m doing is pointing a light showing how one-sided this argument is when all illegal players do is show up and blame everything on LEO, which is what other people in this thread have done. All I’m saying is for them to look in the mirror and maybe something would change. Take that as you will. 

big bombshell coming in…

One more thing: there was a time a couple months ago where multiple factions were trying to work with the LSPD behind closed doors to bring assistance to making the interactions between factions and cops better. This has since died and most people do not care about it anymore and don’t bring any concerns to the chat, because it was met with deflection and deception. 

IMG_8027.png

here is the outcome of one situation where we were talking about k9 and drug dogs. Nothing has changed from this conversation. 

IMG_8028.png
IMG_8031.png

here is another conversation where a previous IFM admin was going at the leadership about the deflecting. (Over 4 arguments have happened in this chat based off the topic of deflecting concerns) 

IMG_8029.png

and yet another incredible message by Dxrkside where he points out the overall problem with the chat. People aren’t able to just simply detest behavior and fix it, bevause they want to shift the blame on others. (I have so many screenshots I could send of LSPD faction leaders diverting the blame from themselves to the people bringing the complaint) 

IMG_8030.png

I’m posting this screenshot to further explain and showcase how long the OOC toxicity and tension has been going on between certain factions (TGS and LSPD) and still…no change. 

_______

THE MAIN PART OF THIS POST:

im going to post a paragraph here that I posted in LSPD-Liason chat months ago and this will be my final message on this thread, cuzz im about to go fuck up some turkey ong 

“PD’s biggest problem is their INSANE script advantages like the cop camera that can somehow see a pistol from hundreds of feet in the air. irl you wont be able to see a gun in someones right hand when they are sitting on the left back side of the car and they wont be able to zoom that far in or be that high quality to make out the end of a guns barrel without infrared, and on-top of that the overpowered K9 script which I’ve seen attempted to be abused in recent time (last 3 days). tho these things are not in your control it gives the faction a play to win look. i see more interactions with LSPD doing foul, cocky and over the top shit just to catch criminals then I see them actually investigating and trying to take down gangs. There’s no deep investigations, arrests, tryna pursue people to snitch, nothing. The most roleplay you get is somebody hitting you on ur head when they put you in their car and then they throw you in jail and stretch out ur charges as long as they can tryna find every law you broke. 

that’s where the stress comes from, maybe not so much that the LSPD is doing ruthless operations but maybe more so that they aren’t mixing that with roleplay that gang roleplayers wanna see

it’s back to back arrest after arrest, raid after raid, camping hood after hood, helicopter after helicopter..when are we gonna get roleplay where the police interact with the community they are trying to protect and take down? Try and quietly investigate situations more often and etc. LSPD seems full of emotionless, personality-less robots and copies of one another, you either get the good cop or bad cop, there’s no in between and that’s a flaw. LSSD has this same issue too, let me add on. So don’t think it’s an attack directly at LSPD, LSSD just rarely interacts with black gangs so I don’t get time to see their fuckery, but the very few times I did interact with LSSD in the past? They provided both ruthless operations, but also realistic encounters and investigations, and getting too know their community and who they are hunting. When gang roleplayers see a police unit after a gang hit, or maybe whilst they are just mindlessly getting picked on / fished for a reason to pull over (which does happen)  it’s more about “get away as fast as we can without shooting bevause if we shoot we get in trouble” then it is “I wanna roleplay with this person because I know they’ll provide a threat to my character, without taking it to a demotivating and play to win state” 

Gang roleplayers want to be investigated, want to deal with police, want to interact. But in the right way. The best example to look back on is Operarion Zookeeper and the Rancho 13 take down towards the end of their length. Zookeeper was built on a lot of development wirh TFlats but also a lot of chaos and DMing cops that Tflats did, and was one of the most enjoyable things to go around. Rancho 13, OSS knew about every members name in that hood and pursued people to snitch on their friends and help set them up, like Chantelle Mendez and Patricio Jimenez and their situation. I don’t see things like this anymore, I see a glorified cops v robbers server.

If interactions between PD and Gangs involved more then shootings, baited ass arrest, etc? And things were more fleshed out? Nobody would be damn near as mad. PD doesn't provide gang roleplayers with anything but shootouts or cop chases, and gang roleplayers respond to those accordingly. You could say gang roleplayers do the same thing but I would deflect that statement and say they treat cops how they are treated. If a person fears for their life and is pulled over due to the current situation they have in their gang or with past officers, that's not them acting out of poor escalation and OOC spite, thats them assuming PD is gonna do what they always do and that's over-use their advantages and try to arrest them, so instead they hop out and blitz the nigga while they can and keep going.OSS investigated Patricio for MONTHS, he was on the run and they looked for him and all types of shit, and they eventually pursued his IC girlfriend to set him up and have him arrested, where he was instead shot.  Things like that don't happen anymore. Interactions with LSPD and gangs are hardly IC anymore ” — 09/24/22 

let it be known that I am not trying to derail this thread, I’m just trying to give a full POV on the situation that has been going on with Ellis PD and the illegal community for the last couple of months. I am doing most of this in response to the person that I have quoted not in the response to the original topic. well only discussion of this topic once more, helicopters are extremely broken and you cannot see them unless they are close to the ground 

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 3

As for the Air Support Side, not going to happen. It is a RageMP issue that the render is terrible. LSPD Air Support Division will not fly less than 600ft Patrol Height (500ft Leniency), to the render view of 200-300ft so Players can see us, when we'd only just be clearing some of the buildings. I'm sorry, this is not going to happen, full stop. There's an IC regulation we fly at a reasonable clearance which is 600ft, and we'll be sticking to that. -

You're more than welcome to encourage RageMP to fix their Aircraft Streamer as their updates have broken the render, but that is not something we will fly low for.

22 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

My character drives their vehicles like a human being yet all LEO (that I saw) drive like criminals. All of them ignore intersections, most of them ignore speed limit. If it were the other way around, my character would get pulled over (and maybe frisked?) lol. That's "power abuse". Please don't tell me to protest it ICly. We all know that won't do anything.

I agree with you, it’s very hypocritical and can lead to a bad taste in people’s mouths. I have now said multiple times that there is massive fault on the LEO side, but it’s not solely their fault. 

4 minutes ago, Laird Mayhew said:

I agree with you, it’s very hypocritical and can lead to a bad taste in people’s mouths. I have now said multiple times that there is massive fault on the LEO side, but it’s not solely their fault. 

This particular thing, driving behaviors is no one fault except the drivers themself. You can't say "well the criminals drive like maniacs so we will too". That would make them a criminal themself. You can't shift the blame to anyone for that.

This is one of the examples. There might be more that illegal role-players suffer from this "unbalanced" power. I know there are a lot of bad apples on the illegal side. There are also a lot of bad apples on the legal side. Shifting blames won't do anything. It's just childish. We are one community, GTAW community, not just legal or illegal community. We need each other for the server to work.

• Upvote 1

just posting to state this thread is a very good read! the input is incredible from both sides and hopefully we can come to a meaningful resolution!

also, i notice most of the players have recently returned from liberty city or RDRP - welcome back! i look forward to roleplay with you once more!

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

most good LE rpers already do. i can't speak for other factions but this mindset is very much encouraged and promoted in LSSD.

im in pd and used to be in sd, there are alot more ppl in pd that complain about every little thing about illegal rp compared to sd, maybe just my experiences so far

• Wuhtah locked this topic