GTAW 3.0 part 1 : Enjoy two cities with your characters!

Nervous

Being wanted in LS or the other way around, should open ways to illegally travel in between countries through illegal means and perhaps even get yourself a fake passport to get rid of the wanted status of your character? Will that be possible? 

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Wynters said:

Sorry, but this is a really bitter take. I firmly do not believe closing LC will be the best option, at all.

If you think closing one server with the intention to "revive the other" ... as the primary objective behind removing the server? Or just simply remove LC at all? You completely dissatisfy consumers and lose their interest, support; -- the whole nine.

To give an example as to how people enjoy LC; people above have already stated that they love the LCN and how FM is going here, they're happy to see it staying the same with the staff not merging, etc. So like, LC definitely has that target audience. And that's just one example as to how and why.

LS (SA), does too, but people have been RPing on LS with two versions (GTA:SA & GTA V) since the late 2000s, all the way until now.

We skipped GTA 4 roleplay and just went straight to 5 for the most part, from SA (SA:MP or MTA:SA), all the way here. Sooo, naturally; people are taking a break from LS.

Furthermore, you've also gotta factor in that everyone has a real life to attend to, as well.

Things are changing, COVID lockdowns aren't prevalent anymore. Hell, COVID's restrictions have pretty much ceased to exist so everyone is getting back into high gear and sorting out their lives once more.

At the end of the day you have to remember that this is a game and there isn't much you can do other than what is already being done in the thread, and while it's easy to point the finger at the person at the top, it's not always the right thing to do -- and in this case, it is not at all the right thing to do.

We were given a community and a place to play, and they're obviously trying to help carry this on by appeasing toward the player-base with an LS to LC traveling system, that we've been wanting for and dreaming of, for years, since GTA:SA roleplay had first began...

Things that weren't possible will slowly become possible.

Now, the thing I ask is mainly to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Because while the numbers don't lie right now, in terms of population? There are 5 working days in a week out of 7 days in a week.

So naturally... it is expected that the numbers will be lower than the weekend.

Even more so, that people will jump from one to the other and the numbers will follow a new medium. Which is something to get used to until it goes up for both when World is more popular or people begin to miss it and swoop back in, en masse.

My two cents 'n probs my last reply.

If it's a "bitter take" it's because of the reasons you stated: the existing "consumers" have already been "dissatified", interest is already being lost because the entirety of the LS server and everyone in it have been put on the backburner and told simply to wait it out. Turn your statement around and it applies both ways - LS has been effectively destroyed so that LC can live. I'm not disputing that LC has an audience or that people enjoy it, I'm disputing how the launch was dealt with and don't think it should've happened in the first place.

Who do you suggest "pointing the finger at" if not the person at the top? Who made the decisions? Who is capable of making changes and resolving the situation? Certainly not the community, not when every thread with critique, complaints, or suggestions is locked.

The reality is this: population is down across the board and LS is on life support. If your solution is the same as the one being posited ("wait it out"), this isn't a solution, it's willful ignorance of the situation at hand. To suggest that "real life" or "COVID lockdowns" are to blame is nonsensical - if LC hadn't been launched in the first place, we'd still have 600+ people on an active, balanced server. I'm not about to claim LS before LC was perfect, but in my opinion is was 100% better than what we have now.

• Upvote 4

This is amazing, and something that many people wanted!

For those who are still unsure or have concerns about the population: please provide suggestions! If you think that there are things that can be done to boost the population outside of this opportunity, share it. We all want want this community to thrive and evolve. I think bringing ideas together is a great thing. IMO this merge can only help, and was a leap in the right direction 😃

Well done!

Sounds awesome! Glad I can finally play Westlyn whenever when I'm back from LOA.
I do feel like both sides need to come together and work with each other. Tall order, I know, otherwise?

There will be no population for both of the subcommunities.

I hope that the server IPs will be nerged into one and combine the playerbase of both cities. 

A teloport will be summon you in the other city, which could be roleplayed as a plane.

if that wont work - just close LC and admit as a big failure which caused the main server to... well - die.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Kucheras said:

Since the staff isn’t merged, what admin things are going to be set in place for when this happens? Theoretically, I could go on LS, desthmatch somebody and say somebody in LC told me to do it. With the report rate of the server, I assume looking through logs on both servers would be impossible. 

Very confusing for a character that lives in New York tells someone to go to LS (across the states) to kill someone. They'd better have a damn good reason - but either way, we'd work with admins on the LC side if we need to, there's no issue on that front.

Edited by Wuhtah
  • Upvote 3