Indicators on Controller

Mecharnic

Detailed Description

I prefer driving with controller as it's a much smoother experience, although i'm unable to indicate/use blinkers from a controller, i'd like to be able to bind this to a controller. Maybe the D-pad?

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

More immersive for joypad players.

Edited by Mecharnic
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Keefen said:

What I did was open Steam's Big Picture mode, go into controller settings and I mapped UP on the D-pad to be the right turn signal, and DOWN on the d-pad to be the left turn signal. This is so it doesn't interfere with the radio stations or anything else.

Yeaaah, this was my orginal plan but i'm half retarded it'd end up annoying me that it's not left and right

2 hours ago, Mecharnic said:

Yeaaah, this was my orginal plan but i'm half retarded it'd end up annoying me that it's not left and right

Haha I also use steam big picture for my controller. I also adjusted the triggers and left analog with way less linear setting so I can control vehicles smoothly without jerking left and right or burning out tires.

Edited by varthshenon
13 hours ago, stringer said:

Wait... People actually use the indicators? Never knew anyone used that feature since they're pretty much invisible.

But sure, why not if it results in a better experience for controller players.

I use it when i use my keyboard, which is rarely. Because I simply prefer playing with controller as it's a smoother experience.

• Mecharnic changed the title to Indicators on Controller

This would be fab honestly, I prefer driving with a controller as it's a smoother experience than the janky keyboard. The annoyance is no indicators which I know many don't bother with but when your character drives like a grandad in his thirties it's a pain to have to try and press the arrow key and is slightly less immersive without it.

Just a nice QOL update honestly.