Security Firms and the Community

severn

With all respect, I never roleplayed having a business before, so I am not versed in this. But correct me if I am wrong, Bobcat and G6 don't seem to have shortage of work, so it is more about, selling the brand isn't it? But yes, reaching wide is only worth if you have people and means to support it.

44 minutes ago, Junx said:

One club opening there was two dudes dealing directly outside the club and I was told "they are fine" by the owner,

As a security guard this has nothing to do with you. They are breaking the law, sure. But they're not threatening the premises or its patrons. That's kind of the point. 

Further to that, club owners and security guards who remove people for doing coke (in the bathrooms) or dropping pills are so silly. That's what people do in nightclubs. Most of them here are set up for it. They make their sinks or bathrooms designed in a way that makes it easier to do it. 

Shit me and my friends got into clubs for free because we knew the dealers there. 

Just now, Perstephone said:

As a security guard this has nothing to do with you. They are breaking the law, sure. But they're not threatening the premises or its patrons. That's kind of the point. 

Further to that, club owners and security guards who remove people for doing coke (in the bathrooms) or dropping pills are so silly. That's what people do in nightclubs. Most of them here are set up for it. They make their sinks or bathrooms designed in a way that makes it easier to do it. 

Shit me and my friends got into clubs for free because we knew the dealers there. 

Like I said I ask the owners because they usually only let a certain gang/group sell drugs at their club. I never kick people out for doing drugs, like you said that is just stupid, its like kicking underage drinkers out, not our problem, they got fake ID? Ok we let them in we aint ID experts or even care enough we just need to look like we are making some sort of effort.

41 minutes ago, .George said:

Let's be real, nobody likes security companies IRL either, it's either old men before retirement who realistically are in no way shape or form capable of being security, or well, PD rejects that got job as security, so I'd say security companies are pretty spot on with portrayal.

Old gem, long read, be warned: https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Yet they are needed. Before security companies came around, people trespassing or stealing from someone, were usually shot by owner.

I don't think anyone's calling for the abolishment of security firms, either specific ones or in general. At least I haven't seen anyone call for it yet.

Seems one of the biggest points is that a lot of contractors seem to have a W mentality and a professionalism issue. This has been repeated ad nauseum by a lot of people in this thread, and I have faith that the leadership of these factions will take action to better that grievance.

And before someone says it, yes I'm aware there's LEOs with this problem too. Don't whataboutism this.

Edited by Barbary
6 hours ago, Bauer said:

Honestly I think zaxxer’s replies show a lot of toxicity in, at minimum G6, and at worst more security factions. Their behavior is extremely unbecoming of a faction leader. I like that the person who runs Bobcat made this thread, they seem cool OOC. It’s a shame that other people ruin the images of security rp oocly by ranting on topics and refusing to take criticism. 

as for my personal experiences with security companies, my only gripe is I can barely tell them apart from actual cops sometimes (I.e plate carriers, lightbars, pants that are basically pd’s)

OOCly most are fine but some have definitely shown their true colors in this topic.

I do not think that the fact someone else is not agreeing with other people's views is conidered "toxicity". I appreciate constructive criticism by people with experience that actually know what they're talking about - there are a few in this thread that actually have a realistic view, but some of you just clearly have no experience at all in such roleplay or even in real life.

I can barely tell them apart from actual cops sometimes (I.e plate carriers, lightbars, pants that are basically pd’s)

Like this. You put this up as some kind of a valid argument (you think). 

So how is it actually in America? Let's have a look, but for real.

AEGIS-Team-scaled.jpg

90B1CF51-EBDB-4926-AB13-83206E129663-sca

USA-Do-not-cross.png

So what exactly is unrealistic in what you said, or bad portrayal? I dont see anything unrealistic or bad portrayal. Cop wannabe-s are everywhere IRL and it's absolutely normal that security companies have a lot of them and "police" drop-outs. I'm an ex patrol security guard and now I'm a police officer IRL so I dont find an issue in what you are stating. Yes, some police wanna-be's are a bit too much but that's in real life as well and nothing you can do about it. 

Gruppe 6 wears green colors and has its own uniform that isnt used by PD/SD or any other LEO faction, our vehicles also have a custom livery made personally by me and while hinting, it doesnt represent anything close to a LEO livery.

If I wanted to I'd have made Gruppe 6  blacked out with metal badges on their shirts and drive black and white cars and it would still be realistic. Yet, we're not doing that and there are still people who flame at us. Well, it's been like that for 4 years now and I cannot change it, so go ahead and continue!

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I do not think that the fact someone else is not agreeing with other people's views is conidered "toxicity". I appreciate constructive criticism by people with experience that actually know what they're talking about - there are a few in this thread that actually have a realistic view, but some of you just clearly have no experience at all in such roleplay or even in real life.

Like this. You put this up as some kind of a valid argument (you think). 

So how is it actually in America? Let's have a look, but for real.

AEGIS-Team-scaled.jpg

90B1CF51-EBDB-4926-AB13-83206E129663-sca

USA-Do-not-cross.png

So what exactly is unrealistic in what you said, or bad portrayal? I dont see anything unrealistic or bad portrayal. Cop wannabe-s are everywhere IRL and it's absolutely normal that security companies have a lot of them and "police" drop-outs. I'm an ex patrol security guard and now I'm a police officer IRL so I dont find an issue in what you are stating. Yes, some police wanna-be's are a bit too much but that's in real life as well and nothing you can do about it. 

Gruppe 6 wears green colors and has its own uniform that isnt used by PD/SD or any other LEO faction, our vehicles also have a custom livery made personally by me and while hinting, it doesnt represent anything close to a LEO livery.

If I wanted to I'd have made Gruppe 6  blacked out with metal badges on their shirts and drive black and white cars and it would still be realistic. Yet, we're not doing that and there are still people who flame at us. Well, it's been like that for 4 years now and I cannot change it, so go ahead and continue!

I'd say some people have no idea, what security companies actually do. True they usually have PD drop outs, or kickboxing sportsmen who need some actual contract. Or even ex soldiers like myself. But what we do is actually a wide range of services, from medical assistance, surveillance, detective services and more.

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I'd say some people have no idea, what security companies actually do. True they usually have PD drop outs, or kickboxing sportsmen who need some actual contract. Or even ex soldiers like myself. But what we do is actually a wide range of services, from medical assistance, surveillance, detective services and more.

I 100% agree that there are a lot of security guards irl who are wannabe cops and overall that's not a portrayal issue. But when people (and I will accept it's probably a minority) break the law IC and do ridiculous shit like pulling people over for traffic stops or telling someone they are being investigated by a security company or shooting out people's tires. The perception is that it crosses that line from the char wanting to be a cop the the player wanting to rp LEO. And unfortunately for MOST types of rp on this server, it only takes a few bad eggs to ruin the entire perception. 

24 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

that's not possible on GTAW, while we do offer surveillance, offering detective services is just gonna put another sticker on your cop wannabe fame.

• Wuhtah locked this topic