Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

1 hour ago, BjornV said:

I hope you forum reported them for VDM.

Reveal hidden contents
  • A character may only run over (ram) another player over if a character's life is at risk. This should not be done excessively

On-topic. 

I don't really care myself, but it's a QoL bonus for people who only have an hour or two to play on a daily basis. Let's add it, sure.

They was permanently banned, trolls. 
Robbery with a vehicle, Unjustified car ram, Unjustified murder, Poor robbery quality. What not. 

1 hour ago, imi said:

It's a roleplay server, brush your teeth or don't to your heart's content.

It offers quite literally zero roleplay. Forcing people to commute to work on a video game where it takes 10 minutes to load in as is is mundane. It adds nothing to your character in terms of development, and if you try and sit here and lie to me and say it does you're putting on a fake elitist facade on the forums to appear like you're in the know for roleplay on this server.

If you're so adamant about commuting to work, do so! But allow people to spawn at their factions spawnpoints. It's literally meant to be a QoL feature. Nobody cares for these small minute details on GTA roleplay, perhaps on Garry's Mod they did, but we don't like harming ourselves for the purpose of "roleplay", if you can even call holding W down for 5 minutes roleplay. If you care about roleplay so much, focus on having people perfect their characters and roleplay, because me driving from X to Davis/Paleto Bay does not add any edge to my character. It is boring.

Commute to work at your hearts content, not everybody finds that thrilling and worth their time. It is literally the most boring part of logging onto this server. I'm here to have fun, not play commuting simulator. 

Edited by bonk
  • Applaud 1
10 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

man i just need somewhere to spawn when i crash for the 15th time responding to gunshots wounds in davis that isnt macdonald avenue.

i dont wanna log back in and get shot up cuz i crashed in the wrong corner again : (

Sure thing, buy a property near your faction spawn and feel free to use that, if you've crashed? Use /fixveh - You do not have a vehicle due to a bug.

10 hours ago, Samuel said:

Nothing stops the robocops from /pduty and /fspawn the moment they log in no matter where they are.

This doesn't kill roleplay. It's already dead to poor roleplayers. This adds a quality of life feature for those who chose to use it, the same freedom we're given with pduty and fspawn, and expected to use it sparingly. 

Players who do that should be punished for poor roleplay then, just because people already abuse faction commands does not mean we should just let them.

3 hours ago, r0yal said:

The majority of people just drive back to their station to quit anyway, this doesn't exactly change much other than it accounting for situations such as your game crashing in the middle of nowhere, deciding you don't want to spend 20 minutes getting back in game at 1am and then having to somehow struggle your way back to the station the next day with no vehicle. I don't see how that boosts roleplay.

People who want to roleplay commuting still can.

Again, realistically? You have not crashed, you don't cease to exist when your character logs out. You simply spawn at your apartment or house where your character lives and would've gone to sleep, then get your car via /fixveh because you crashed. That is an OOC bug that you crashed, valid use of /fixveh

2 hours ago, joshua said:

holding W until you get to the station = roleplay 

good one bro

+support to original suggestion. makes sense

Holding W to walk to a friend, to drive to a bar. We should just be able to TP there, right? This point makes 0 sense, as there is roleplay to be had on your commute. Maybe your character is speeding, or maybe he's hung over, Maybe he's still on his acid trip from last night. There are countless opportunities and roleplay is what you make it.

2 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

As for the robocop claims, currently, LEO (and any other legal factions) members can /pduty from their property and /fspawn to spawn a faction vehicle and start patrolling. Nothing stops that. 

They should be punished.

--

End of the day, this is a roleplay server. You roleplay.

Since everyone's biggest point is "Oh I crashed!" "I had to go, I can't use /fixveh!" (Even though everyone on this thread abuses /fixveh, no one is being fooled by that excuse. How about faction leadership get access to a "SendtoHQ" command, where they can send their faction members to combat bugs like this! This way it can be extremely regulated!

• Upvote 3

While you could say that roleplay opportunities can present themselves during your commute, my commute is basically directly from Vespucci to Great Ocean to Paleto Bay. I've stumbled across abandoned vehicles on occasion on the dead silent highway on occasion. If the highway was bustling with life and you weren't getting near misses with NASCAR races and you might actually come across something, I may be prone to agree that we're stinting RP. But at the end of the day, this is still a game.

Public transport would be cool! Even with an NPC driver, I'd much rather sit on a bus with some friends or fellow workers and talk about what we're going to do when we arrive. But trying to carpool and all that like workers typically would is just unreasonable due to time zone differences and just wanting to play when you want to play.

This is a game. Not real life. We have to take understandable liberties to have fun.

13 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

End of the day, this is a roleplay server. You roleplay.

26 minutes ago, bonk said:

It offers quite literally zero roleplay. Forcing people to commute to work on a video game where it takes 10 minutes to load in as is is mundane. It adds nothing to your character in terms of development, and if you try and sit here and lie to me and say it does you're putting on a fake elitist facade on the forums to appear like you're in the know for roleplay on this server.

There has to be concessions that you have to take. This is one of those moments. I am very for being 1:1 with real life, but ONLY when it's viable. Not when it's having people pull their hairs as it is right now.

Edited by bonk

Yes. Because I often crash in the SouthLAnds and can't return in-game until the latter half of the day, or maybe the next day. It's occasional that I can't return, but anyway - it's a bit silly to spawn somewhere in the projects where I crashed, instead of going to where I would've logged off at, as a spawn. Such as Mission Row Station.

+1

50/50 on this suggestion. I understand that it would be a nice QoL change due to the issues we all face but there's also potential of abusing it, which happens currently; bad situation? log out and spawn elsewhere, as I'm sure this wouldn't just be restricted to LEO factions.

i just want trains going around the map respectfully

I don't think that it's a needed change, rather as listed before it leads to issues which outweigh being able to save two minutes of your life. As I said, if the commute to Paleto is so distasteful then there are methods to get around it that don't involve OOC teleportation to their place of work. Request a station transfer, this issue seems moreover a policy concern that you should address internally if being assigned to Paleto is essentially seen as a OOC punishment due to the commute than one that should be seen at an administrative level. I don't want to see a server where cops simply teleport north or south depending where the action and go on-duty in order to stamp out all crime. It opens the door to misuse and creates a new requirement of regulation which will simply not be monitored, leading to inherent abuse alongside other LEO features (panic buttons, aero, beanbags). In terms of realism and portrayal which is obviously something that we need to keep in mind, it isn't realistic for cops to simply spawn at their workplace, and cops do often commute to work in other areas that they don't live in themselves. It isn't merely a QOL update if there are ramifications on other aspects of the game (housing in these areas, impact on illegal RP due to cop spawns) amongst other issues.

• Upvote 4

There's a big difference between a play-to-win robocop and someone who plays the game in his spare time and doesn't have time to commit to off-duty character development.

You have to meet certain activity requirements when you are on /duty and for some people that's enough in-game time. 

There's a common misconception that if you role-play off duty, you are not a robocop. That's unfortunately false, the term robocop is used for characters that do not have any emotion or feelings towards the situations they get into, play-to-win attitude and not knowing how to take an in-character L.

You may do the best role-play off duty with your character (props to everyone who has enough time to commit to this) and then hop on duty, and give the worst experience to illegal factions by being a robot that just enforces the law, without showing emotion, fear or any compassion towards others, by just citing the San Andreas Penal Code and maintaining law and order. Generally, an example of this would be people who just ask for someone's documents in a traffic stop, tell someone off for what they did, issue a fine and then drive off, without asking any further questions (where you are heading, where have you been, have you been drinking) and moving on with their day. That's essentially a character who just enforces the penal code and goes nowhere further than that like any other cop in real life would do.

While on the other hand, you may have someone who only has X hours to dedicate to the game, so they do their best to meet their faction's activity requirements, and when they hop on the game they provide the most realistic and enjoyable role-play, while maintaining a good balance on "winning" situations. 

If someone role-plays off duty, then hops on duty and focuses on getting guns, drugs, arrests or being a character without any substance "on duty", then they are part of the problem. Being a robo-cop and off-duty character development has no relevancy in this conversation.

What I am trying to say here is that allowing people to use their faction spawn or not, doesn't eliminate bad role-players or robocop characters. Your mindset as a law enforcement role-player does.

I will be in support of this.

• Upvote 1