Selling & Using decimal points of drugs. (ie. .1 grams)

TYLENOL

I'm curious as to where the update of the .1 drugs system went? I remember seeing it in a changelog, but it never showed up in game, this was like months ago. The goal of this thread is to gauge how many people are interested in this feature being implemented, and to promote attention to the feature in hopes that the developers add it in. I know I am. It'd make drug roleplay more realistic in my opinion, with people spending small fractions of money, ie. 20 dollars, at a time on a small amount of drugs to feed their habit.

• Upvote 9
  • Applaud 1

Idk about this. I feel like this is a huge micromanagement issue On a server were you are making assumptions through your roleplay. Cocaine for instance is sold per gram on this server- one use and it’s gone. However, when taking cocaine you aren’t snorting one gram in a line because you’d die.  Also, It’s probably unlikely you are going to come across anyone snorting .1 grams, as well, in just one line. People usually binge this drug throughout all the night taking small dosages throughout the binging period. Cocaine in this example has a very short period where one experiences a euphoric high or whatever, on top of being an expensive drug, people consume little amounts at a time and usually pace themselves throughout the binging process. I see what you’re saying though, but, at the end, it’s roleplay and if you want to roleplay binging you could probably buy a couple grams consume the usages throughout that time but roleplaying as a different amount. TLDR: i feel like a change like the one promoted by op could possibly LIMIT the roleplay instead of realistically trying to portray it. 

This seems like it will work out for consumers, but I feel like the people who sell are going to get a bit burnt by this if we're not careful. When I have my character buy, she's buying per use. If she buys the same amount and now can use it fractionally, that seems like she'll have to buy a lot less frequently. 

I think it's cool to be able to split as long as the per use price remains the same.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, oliviarav3n said:

This seems like it will work out for consumers, but I feel like the people who sell are going to get a bit burnt by this if we're not careful. When I have my character buy, she's buying per use. If she buys the same amount and now can use it fractionally, that seems like she'll have to buy a lot less frequently. 

I think it's cool to be able to split as long as the per use price remains the same.

It also benefits sellers that sell a gram as .8-.9s, too.

I was about to say that Instead of scripting in 0.1 decimal amounts of drugs, which would take time, we could just inflate the weight of drugs how we inflated money. One GTAW dollar is around $10 to $20 American. We could change laws so that 1-5 grams of a drug on you would be "traceable amounts" instead of full blown possession.

Then I realized how fucking dumb it sounds even for a roleplay server so yeah, I'm on board with just implementing the 0.1 thingie.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:10 PM, Mantis said:

Idk about this. I feel like this is a huge micromanagement issue On a server were you are making assumptions through your roleplay. Cocaine for instance is sold per gram on this server- one use and it’s gone. However, when taking cocaine you aren’t snorting one gram in a line because you’d die.  Also, It’s probably unlikely you are going to come across anyone snorting .1 grams, as well, in just one line. People usually binge this drug throughout all the night taking small dosages throughout the binging period. Cocaine in this example has a very short period where one experiences a euphoric high or whatever, on top of being an expensive drug, people consume little amounts at a time and usually pace themselves throughout the binging process. I see what you’re saying though, but, at the end, it’s roleplay and if you want to roleplay binging you could probably buy a couple grams consume the usages throughout that time but roleplaying as a different amount. TLDR: i feel like a change like the one promoted by op could possibly LIMIT the roleplay instead of realistically trying to portray it. 

Yeah man, I hate to break it to you, most drugs are snorted in very very small amounts.

Your average first time user is only going to be bumping around 100mg to 200mg. Hell, even your most tolerant user with cut coke is going to be bumping around 700mg, TOPS. When you start looking at more potent and harder substances, nasally administrated methamphetamine in general is only going to end up being 20-40mg's snorted every 4 hours. In the context of heroin, heroin that isn't laced with fentanyl that is, most of the time you're only going to be snorting around 5mg-30mg's depending on the quality of your dope. 

When you start looking at other substances in the form of pills, xanax only ranges from .5mg-3mg bars, a decent chunk of X pills are going to range from 60mg-100mg in the U.S. and so forth. This only one script = one gram thing just straight up doesn't pan out. Having decimals would be better, as it helps people account for the potency of a substance.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, soudiere said:

Yeah man, I hate to break it to you, most drugs are snorted in very very small amounts.

Your average first time user is only going to be bumping around 100mg to 200mg. Hell, even your most tolerant user with cut coke is going to be bumping around 700mg, TOPS. When you start looking at more potent and harder substances, nasally administrated methamphetamine in general is only going to end up being 20-40mg's snorted every 4 hours. In the context of heroin, heroin that isn't laced with fentanyl that is, most of the time you're only going to be snorting around 5mg-30mg's depending on the quality of your dope. 

When you start looking at other substances in the form of pills, xanax only ranges from .5mg-3mg bars, a decent chunk of X pills are going to range from 60mg-100mg in the U.S. and so forth. This only one script = one gram thing just straight up doesn't pan out. Having decimals would be better, as it helps people account for the potency of a substance.

I agree with you that drugs are not taken In large amounts like how it is In game.But I was tryna say that just because the inventory says a certain thing, that it’s not exactly what your character is taking. So, Its assumed your character isn’t snorting one gram but rather some reasonable amount.  But I /think/ the way it’s currently designed is meant to consider the whole economy behind drugs in general in a roleplay server. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic