Fix the clothing packs (MORE DIVERSITY, LESS HOOKER FASHION)

GOBLIN

Just now, sCrax said:

Do you think this server would want to spare 250 dollars to make the community happy? We can't even get business blips for free lmao.

We all know the answer to that but I plead the fifth. Would be nice if a small smidget of our donation money could go to improving the clothing and hairs that we have. FOR MEN TOO, they really did the male models down bad too.

2 minutes ago, Taina said:

Variety is a good thing but I think our options have come a long way so I'm grateful for that. I'd just like to see items that don't clip into each other. A good amount of clothing items (for female characters, at least) are unwearable because they clip into the items that 'go' with them.

Exactly, some pants, torsos, dresses clipping and it's extremely annoying.

And no, you can't fix them with undershirts/torsos or decals, instead it gets worse and worse.

We have new clothes but we can't use them due to clipping, socks? Ew, put better socks, dresses? Who wears dresses with very weird design & colors?

Free clothes or not we need a solution immediately.

Honestly, I'd be content with just an update that ensures whatever items we already have in game are actually usable 😂 

However, it'd be nice to see some more basic pieces, too (although I do appreciate that too has come a long way). I struggled to find something appropriate for my recently widowed character to wear to her husband's funeral. It really shouldn't have been that difficult to find something that wouldn't have her looking like a hooker, a hoodrat, or an anime fan or street racer 😅 And yes, this kind of thing does matter for RP. I've been to enough funerals in game where I've heard IC whispers about how female attendees are dressed and ICly given the side-eye for wearing something they wouldn't actually have worn in that setting.

Edited by Taina
  • Applaud 2
23 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

All I'm gonna say is that buying a few GOOD clothing pieces, actually nice ones, from an actual creator, isn't hard. Especially for this server, you can literally put 250 dollars in or LESS and deal it out with a creator. That's literally how most FiveM servers get their clothes too I believe. Not sure why not even a little bit of the donation money couldn't have been put in for some more high quality clothing. But that doesn't matter, my point still stands where there being way better stuff than the literal sheer tops that we got.

If not? Then at LEAST please just add the stuff from the unisex section that I recommended, maybe some of the more coiliy hairstyles TOO.

The issue was never finding good looking clothing, the issue was making it so optimized for the server and making sure it actually fits our standard. A lot of modders are in the market for clothing you can use in Menyoo for example, the server needs mods that have LODs so you can see them from afar and so on, it's not as simple as going shopping on some modder's site and picking whatever you like.

I won't even start on file size and texture loss, you know the story at this point, I hope.

18 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Do you think this server would want to spare 250 dollars to make the community happy? We can't even get business blips for free lmao. I bet they would love to pay for some cat themed custom mods though.

Even if we paid 500 dollars on mods, we'd have a thread like this again, saying that we need more mods. Like I said in my first post, it's a never ending chase. People said they'll stop using mod packs after the second clothing update, yet most still use mod packs, we can't cover everything, it's impossible.

Edited by Exodus
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Exodus said:

Even if we paid 500 dollars on mods, we'd have a thread like this again, saying that we need more mods. Like I said in my first post, it's a never ending chase.

Thanks for explaining that. And yes, I agree it's a never-ending chase. That's why it'd probably be best to just ensure that there are basic options that don't clip, because most female characters (despite their background or tastes) could make good use of typical fashion staples and simply style them to their own tastes.  

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Exodus said:

Even if we paid 500 dollars on mods, we'd have a thread like this again, saying that we need more mods. Like I said in my first post, it's a never ending chase. People said they'll stop using mod packs after the second clothing update, yet most still use mod packs, we can't cover everything, it's impossible.

This is very true. I'm not DISAGREEING with you, but people would probably be more happier if they just had more practical and more realistic stuff to wear.

We literally have a bunch of items that clip or need special torsos that we don't have that need to be used. 

12 minutes ago, Exodus said:

The issue was never finding good looking clothing, the issue was making it so optimized for the server and making sure it actually fits our standard. A lot of modders are in the market for clothing you can use in Menyoo for example, the server needs mods that have LODs so you can see them from afar and so on, it's not as simple as going shopping on some modder's site and picking whatever you like.

I won't even start on file size and texture loss, you know the story at this point, I hope.

Why do you think that people still use mod packs? Because simply there are not enough good clothing items. Half of the newly added male clothes are either bugged or no torso/pants fit with them. Or there are duplicated pants, etc. You guys are talking about slots for example but we have 20 different Hawaiian Snow clothing items that nobody wears. Just remove the bugged and not used clothing and replace it with something proper.

• Upvote 1