Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

1 hour ago, 2Raskal said:

IT'S VERY RIGHT E$E

nah lowkey, I'd rather see some upstate surenos, they basically got the whole northern cali culture going on.

This is one of the reasons I specifically would like to see norteños. Kinda pointless having upstate sureños without norteños, their identity is built around it. They're the only sureños who actually do have wars with norteños, most never see them outside of prison.

Your point about just doing a greenlight gang or something rather than norteños is a point I've also made for years. When you're only rping socal, just rp that instead. But with a prison in development, it's time to expand the map beyond just a representation of socal in my opinion. There won't be any weird rp going on with norteños in county, which was the big reason they're disallowed atm.

• Upvote 2

I’ve enjoyed reading the back and forth on this thread, and the discussion has influenced my thought process on this topic a little bit. If I may offer what I think is a nuanced, yet likely unpopular opinion for the players here -

I don’t think any faction concept, with the exception of real life extremist and terrorist cells, should be restricted. I fully understand the server’s continuity, as muddy as it is, has us in southern California. But I hold the viewpoint that Los Santos is a fictional version of real life and people should have the freedom to be expressive and create characters and factions with as few limits as we can muster. I think the right Norteno concept (or even Folk Nation, People Nation, Latin Kings, etc.) should be given the chance to exist here, and cutting off those avenues before they even have the chance to grow is not the right choice.

But even with that being said, I certainly see the problems. No offense to players who have done this, are currently doing this, or who mentioned doing this on the thread but… I think it’s super lame to simply copy/paste real life organizations and slap them into a faction thread. And unfortunately, there are many of those groups all over the faction forums. Should nortenos or any of those other gangs or groups be allowed on the server I think we’d quickly see an influx of low quality factions picking up the “red flag” just to fight the huge amount of “blue flags” all over, even if they're restricted to the county areas or approved in very limited capacities. I know in a perfect world IFM could be monitoring everything, but it’s probably a little much right now.

So do I think we should allow Nortenos? In the interest of fairness, I’d say yes. But do I think it would cause more harm than good? Also yes. It’s a tricky subject for me and I think illegal faction quality in general could do with some sprucing up, and I’m not sure mixing in nortenos right now would add anything worthwhile.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic