Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

13 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

report for very small things when it shouldn't be an issue to begin with or could be talked out amongst themselves if they just showed respect and communication towards each other.

I waited over 2 hours+ to find out who shot me because the player was masked and I needed a /heal since I had to NPC my injuries @ Pillbox.

I end up having to wait 10-30 minutes to report for an admin to unlock an apartment i found on the map.gta.world because for some reason theyre always locked despite being on sale.

Even if an admin is on scene, it's not difficult to multi-task and answer reports that just require a PM to the player

Edited by shotgun_sam
19 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

I wish there was a way to know your report ID.

Granted reports don't always get accepted as per ID order, they still give you a rough estimate of how long they might take to get accepted. For example, if your ID is #20 and you have reported something which 1) isn't urgent and 2) you know for a fact that it might take a while to get handled, you're most likely waiting a long time before an administrator gets to it, whereas if your report ID is #3, you know it won't take too long because there aren't many reports up.

No ID's means people are left clueless about how long they are expected to wait. Perhaps if they were implemented, players would be more understanding of waiting times. Nobody would expect a report with ID #20 to be picked up instantly. Perhaps if it's not something urgent, they could cancel it and report another time where reports aren't stacking up, freeing up the administrators' time to focus on the current ones, or they could simply wait until it gets accepted but the odds in this case are they are probably waiting a long time, which is their choice.

I think this is also a viable option, a queue system of sorts. This relies on admins handling reports in order, which I don't know if they do or don't.

Just now, Zach.. said:

I think this is also a viable option, a queue system of sorts. This relies on admins handling reports in order, which I don't know if they do or don't.

It should be done in time order surely?

Unless something more pressing occurs?

Report ID's don't mean much, treat them as random numbers often times it's just which one's easier. However the response time has definitely gotten worse than when I was an admin, reports that take less than 30 seconds get left for several hours on end, reports that require intervention or just can't continue without an admin present also take a while. I'm not pointing fingers or anything but surely ten-twenty minutes every few hours to check the reports list - or rather anytime you log on just divide 30 minutes or so to just doing admin things. 

I understand admins have other responsibilities like their sub-teams, life etc. I understand all of that and know where some of them come from, although more often than not to really put it bluntly, admins just can't be bothered and will rather go RP than do what they're there to do for like 30 minutes, yes it's tedious but they signed up for it. I had situations like those, where I just couldn't be arsed to do anything, but I found some fun in it - really just takes a tiny bit.

Also I can see people saying stuff like warrants takes ages for PD that I can't really comment on. But what Kenshi's said is a point, some of the restrictions placed upon admins feel a bit over the top at times.

Thanks for reading my rant boys and girls.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Peak. said:

It should be done in time order surely?

Unless something more pressing occurs?

A breakin request (either from warrants or criminals) should be priorotized over (M) doing bad escalation which can be reported on the forums.

9 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

The reason it takes so long is because the admin team made it so complicated.... A search warrant used to take no more than an hour tops. But now we have so much red tape to go through search warrants are no longer fun but more of a chore. 

How did we make RPing out thoroughly searching the apartment complicated?

2 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

Report ID's don't mean much, treat them as random numbers often times it's just which one's easier. However the response time has definitely gotten worse than when I was an admin, reports that take less than 30 seconds get left for several hours on end, reports that require intervention or just can't continue without an admin present also take a while. I'm not pointing fingers or anything but surely ten-twenty minutes every few hours to check the reports list - or rather anytime you log on just divide 30 minutes or so to just doing admin things. 

Reports ID's wouldn't serve the purpose of dictating which report should get handled first, but rather how stacked up they are and how busy the administration team is with them at a certain point. If a player reports something they know for a fact that it can be handled within seconds, it's common sense that it shouldn't take long before their report gets accepted regardless of their ID (even if sometimes it doesn't), but it helps a lot when that isn't the case and their report takes a while to get thoroughly handled (i.e. player reports). In this case, if the ID is #20, you know it might take long, but if it's #3, it shouldn't and if you wait too long while you report is up there in the queue, you know administrators are most likely slacking.

Report ID's wouldn't solve everything, but I'm sure they would be very helpful at giving players a rough idea of waiting times. If you can't fix these, at least let players know about them, else they're just left in the dark which is what's happening currently.

8 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

I understand admins have other responsibilities like their sub-teams, life etc. I understand all of that and know where some of them come from, although more often than not to really put it bluntly, admins just can't be bothered and will rather go RP than do what they're there to do for like 30 minutes, yes it's tedious but they signed up for it. I had situations like those, where I just couldn't be arsed to do anything, but I found some fun in it - really just takes a tiny bit.

This is something I have brought up before, but regular players should be allowed in certain subteams without the need to be administrators. I know it's easier to pick administrators because once they are a part of the staff team, generally speaking they are more capable of being trusted with sensitive information and it's easier to coordinate their subteam work with their administrator duties, but I'd argue subteams like RPQM or FM would benefit a lot from having regular players become a part of their roster, it would eliminate the need for these subteams to consist exclusively of administrators, which would free up a lot of them to focus on other duties which are often slacked off because of the burden these subteams put on them, but it would also help them thrive because these regular players wouldn't be overloaded with other duties unrelated to their subteam since they're not a part of it which means they would dedicate more of their time into them.

1 hour ago, Peak. said:

This has transitioned on to the forums too now. Put up a report over a week ago, and still nothing has happened?

Feeling this as well. While being an admin is a completely volunteer, it's exactly that, volunteer. Some of the teams are seemingly too small to deal with their workload, IFM for example. Had reports sitting open for over a month that have been untouched, only for them to be handed off to one specific person in the team who again, after waiting weeks, says they'll get to it when they can. 

I can appreciate how often the staff team opens to try and combat these sort of issues but is it actually working? Size of the Support team (which tends to be aspiring admins) is always small and this is something I've never really understood as I imagine the amount of applications in comparison is high. Obviously not everyone can get in but is it really gatekept to the extent that the team is so small? 

Simple ingame reports can go untouched for hours on end despite there being 20+ admins ingame. Example being that I was bugged in TTCF yesterday, something that an admin could (and eventually did) fix within literally two minutes but my reports went ignored for two hours or so. I had to contact an admin directly and ask that they help out because of the complete lack of response I was getting. 

I once attempted to change my business' script name to match up with the exterior signage. An admin responded to me after about 20-30 minutes and told me they needed to check to see if I was allowed to have that business name or not (even though it was the name on the signs outside). I waited two hours. They never got back to me. After that, I decided to report again and got it changed in under 5 minutes without any hassle.

This anecdote is an imperfect representation of the system. Still, I can't help but feel as though sometimes the administration is plastered so thick with red tape and bureaucracy that things take far longer, and are far more complicated than is reasonable. It's hard to say, because the administration isn't particularly transparent with the community, in regards to how they go about their duties. It might be good to reexamine existing policies when handling /reports and figure out which ones can be easily simplified and streamlined. 

46 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Still, I can't help but feel as though sometimes the administration is plastered so thick with red tape and bureaucracy that things take far longer, and are far more complicated than is reasonable. 

"Oh you have X problem, OK I'll handle it when I have the time." (2 weeks go by) "OK you're going to actually have to file this report with the assistant head of blablabla" (2 weeks go by) "Actually the head of blablabla is reviewing it now" (2 more weeks go by). "Anyway do you still want to pursue X?" or the classic if it's a report that no admin has looked at in like 3 months. "Still want this dealt with?" 

The bureaucracy on this server is insane, with the countless subteams for admins (which a lot I feel are pretty pointless). RPQM for example; I'm of the belief that every admin should be able to determine what is or isn't good roleplay, doesn't need a subteam for it. Every admin should also be able to do simple things like change a business name or what have you without having to consult PM for a response which might take forever to get back.

I get being an admin sucks and it's very tiring to deal with constant complaining from a large playerbase (Why I would never be an admin ever), but it's literally what you sign up for when you apply for staff, it being volunteer work usually implies that it's something you WANT to do. Personally I think the Panda needs to start dishing out some paychecks, but maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic