12 Hour Clock Option

CakeFriend

Detailed Description

I struggle to figure out what time 16 is... ect. Please add a 12 hour clock option for math challenged people like me.

Relevant Commands/Items

/time

How will it benefit the server?

I'll stop missing things in game because I'll actually understand what time they are.

• Upvote 4

Could be added as an accessibility change, but if that doesn't happen—or until that happens, here would be an attempt to showcase how to work with a 24-hour format. I'm not sure if showing this could be of any help, or whether it is something else that makes this format harder to work with for you; but I hope this can be of some kind of use:

• In order to convert 24-hour formats, you generally need to subtract "12" from the time you were given, and consider the difference as "PM".
    • (based on your example, "16" becomes "4 PM".)
  • If the 24-hour format time you're working with is "11" or a number below that, don't subtract anything and consider it as "AM".
  • If your time is "12" in a 24-hour format, then it will be "12 PM" i.e. noon, while "24" (or "0") in a 24-hour format becomes "12 AM" i.e. midnight.
  • Upvote 1

As an American who moved to Europe, trust me, I feel you. Even after years of living there, I’d miss appointments every once in a while because “15:00” would register as “5:00 PM” in my head, even though it’s 3:00 PM. Also, how is San Andreas the only state using 24 hour format in the US? 😔

Edited by Soyuz
  • Upvote 2