Rewarding Good RP

Seanny

I think the opposite should be happening. Instead of rewarding people for “Good Roleplay,” (something we should be doing anyways). We need to be harsher on punishing people that are here to troll, have poor quality, and raise the standards of Roleplay across the board. 

The application process should be more extensive, I’d even argue for an interview process to weed people out (I understand it would take a massive amount of people to implement it but it would be worth it). Roleplay quality should be the server’s biggest priority and those with lower quality of roleplay should be removed and not allowed back in until interviewed and going through a committee process of letting them back. 

Don’t reward people for what they should be doing already. Be harsher on the people that bring nothing to server, community, or the standards we want to uphold. 

1 hour ago, Rickaroni said:

I think the opposite should be happening. Instead of rewarding people for “Good Roleplay,” (something we should be doing anyways). We need to be harsher on punishing people that are here to troll, have poor quality, and raise the standards of Roleplay across the board. 

The application process should be more extensive, I’d even argue for an interview process to weed people out (I understand it would take a massive amount of people to implement it but it would be worth it). Roleplay quality should be the server’s biggest priority and those with lower quality of roleplay should be removed and not allowed back in until interviewed and going through a committee process of letting them back. 

Don’t reward people for what they should be doing already. Be harsher on the people that bring nothing to server, community, or the standards we want to uphold. 

The application process itself and the people handling it are fine imo but I do agree that potentially some kind of interview would help. It's just time consuming. The application is strict enough to keep poor role-players from passing but the problem is that they just simply get a friend to write for them or pay somebody else to do it. It's the only answer I can think of to the question I can constantly ask; "How did this roleplayer even get accepted?".

3 hours ago, PRESCRIPTION said:

The application process itself and the people handling it are fine imo but I do agree that potentially some kind of interview would help. It's just time consuming. The application is strict enough to keep poor role-players from passing but the problem is that they just simply get a friend to write for them or pay somebody else to do it. It's the only answer I can think of to the question I can constantly ask; "How did this roleplayer even get accepted?".

Time consuming absolutely. But I think the juice is worth the squeeze. We aren’t struggling for a playerbase. We have a strong foundation and people know about the server. Tightening up the restrictions on getting in and making it more exclusive and being more rigid in our standards would pay off in the long run, I think at least. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic