Aircraft Autoland (Instrument Landing System [ILS])

iFlyKid

Detailed Description: My suggestion is pretty straight forward. In bad weather / low visibility it will be unrealistic for a pilot to perform what's called a 'visual approach' on a field. Pilots who are on-approach to land at an active runway with 5 or less visibility will need to be on the ILS approach where the aircraft 'autolands' into the active runway. My recommendation is to implement a system where you'll toggle it using /ils or /autoland and it will pilot the aircraft towards the runway for an auto-land. This will create a more realistic aspect towards aviation roleplay as currently it will be unrealistic to perform a visual approach in a rainy / low visibility day. 

For helicopters in the other-hand, ILS should be functional only towards Los Santos Airport / La Puerta Helipad / Sandy Shores Airfield only. Any other off-airport landing is at pilots discretion and shouldn't have Autoland capabilities since those airports by nature would not have an ILS system installed, I.E. McKenzie Airstrip. 

Relevant Commands/Items: /autoland or /ILS 

How will it benefit the server?:   This will create a more realistic approach towards aviation roleplay and in turn minimizes the need to call out 'visual approaches' or VFR operations in a low visibility day where it would be near to impossible to land an aircraft without being able to visibly see the runway.

In contrast to what has been suggested before on an 'autopilot' feature, this is completely different and relates to autolanding an aircraft. 

Just now, KreacherBE said:

Sorry, haven' done aviation RP yet but... i think you need to know how to land to get the certification.

People can generally land a plane, it's not about knowing how to land the plane, it's about are you able to do...On a foggy day or like heavy rainy days, visibility can be hard and difficult and could potentially cause you to crash the aircraft. I like the idea, would definetly be better to have it supported by a NOTAM too (Notice to Airmen).

1 hour ago, Late said:

waste of resources for something that'll hardly be used. Just RP you're doing an ILS approach if you really really have too. The other one person on the /atc really won't care much anyway. 

As an Air Traffic Controller ig, I do honestly care, because at the very least, I can make sure he's complying with what has been requested without making any deviations and eventually causing a crash.

Edited by Toxic-san

I think having a script especially for that will be buggy ad cause more problems than solutions, and nothing prevents RPing ILS and IFR flights while using your OOC view to land, and the instrument over the minimap. Script for an ILS RP is not mandatory and might cause unnecessary trouble (if it even is possible in the first place)

Instead of the ILS approach, it may be more effective if there should be a system that keeps the aircraft on the same flight level while allowing for ATC communications and RP. Because it is really difficult to report ATC when flying with a fixed-wing aircraft.

39 minutes ago, OrkunuS said:

Instead of the ILS approach, it may be more effective if there should be a system that keeps the aircraft on the same flight level while allowing for ATC communications and RP. Because it is really difficult to report ATC when flying with a fixed-wing aircraft.

Even with a rotorcraft tbh, with recent changes you often spend more time typing on /atc than actually going anywhere. So if you're not extra careful, you can end up in very weird situations

Regarding the original suggestion, given how randomly the car auto-pilot behaves.. I don't think I would trust an aircraft auto-pilot to not crash me in the middle of Vespucci for no reason 😛 And IFR approaches can easily be RP'd anyway ^^ 

As an active roleplayer I've now been for around a year within the world of aviation... can't support this...

Come on, I barely see anyone flying planes, we have an absolute lack of ATCs... and you want a feature to auto-land your plane only for bad weather conditions (that are pretty rare, even if the last days we've had a bit of raining here and there)