Adding /ame to /gloves.

Vindicator

Heyo guys.

My suggestion is to add an auto-generated /ame to the /gloves command. For this; I'd suggest that any /gloves syntax input other than "none", an /ame is generated that states "has slipped a pair of [insert variant] gloves onto their hands". Obviously based on the command's input syntax (e.g /gloves nitrile, /gloves leather), it can be detected which gloves were put on.

This'd save us repeat /me's of sliding nitrile gloves on whenever we come on scene. Since we wear gloves on every scene. It'd save the repeat and the hassle of having to type these /me's. Or about forgetting them. It'd also stop putting them in main chatbox. So in case you got the wrong glove type, the /ame overwrites the old one, so no chatspam trying to figure out which are the right gloves! :D

To add clarification. This is posted from the perspective of someone that has to do a /me to RP putting on nitriles every time I come on an FD scene. But this could benefit regular civilian roleplayers as well as illegal roleplayers. By doing this, we're cutting out having to RP "taking gloves and putting them on" for the nth time on a day. You just go /gloves nitrile, and it auto-generates an /ame going * John Doe has slipped a pair of nitrile gloves onto their hands. The command could read which syntax put into /gloves, (e.g /gloves leather white) and the command sees that, and replaces the nitrile portion of the above /ame with "white leather". You keep the "gloves" word of the /ame persistent, just replacing the  type of gloves.

This is just loosely thought of, I'm sure developers could think of something if this isn't suitable for the server.

Look forward to hearing thoughts and feedback! Perhaps someone else has some ideas?

• Upvote 4
41 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

This'd save us repeat /me's of sliding nitrile gloves on whenever we come on scene.

If you go by the rules as is, you have to do the emote regardless of the auto-/ame as per the Powergaming rules. Though you can also argue that going word-by-word, you'd have to roleplay everything that has a script command prior - including things like /phone, /engine, /lock and so on. Regardless, it would be a little QoL addition that does not hurt one necessarily.

Those that are sending a location, chopping a vehicle or doing a physical action that requires a script command after, are required at all times, to roleplay first before doing the script command.

4 minutes ago, orca112 said:

If you go by the rules as is, you have to do the emote regardless of the auto-/ame as per the Powergaming rules. Though you can also argue that going word-by-word, you'd have to roleplay everything that has a script command prior - including things like /phone, /engine, /lock and so on. Regardless, it would be a little QoL addition that does not hurt one necessarily.

By this definition, pulling a gun, pulling out your phone, unlocking your car and start/stopping your engine would all require long and physical /me lines for the tasks to be completed. Which they don't. I don't see how adding a /me to the gloves script would hurt anyone, similar to /ph or turning your engine on/off + by this definition with my defined /ame, this would theoretically "roleplay" it for you, like the engine start/stop does when you press the button, or like how the script does an automated /ame and animation when you pull out a weapon.

Though maybe this means the rules should be expanded on in the sense of these /me's for stuff that has auto-/ame's and animations. Just shows the rule is lacking exception definitions for these particular instances.

Edited by Vindicator
typo + added another line i forgot