New gamemode & converting from GTMP to Rage

Just now, Haitian said:

Is the character creator still the same layout as the old one? i.e values from -100 to +100.

All my character settings are saved to my PC as photos using that layout, however if it's some CEF editor without those numbers and just a bunch of sliders I'll be completely lost, which would be a shame. 

I believe it's CEF, though I wouldn't be entirely sure, I'm just another player like you ;)

Best bet is to ask @Bash or another dev.

4 minutes ago, Haitian said:

Is the character creator still the same layout as the old one? i.e values from -100 to +100.

All my character settings are saved to my PC as photos using that layout, however if it's some CEF editor without those numbers and just a bunch of sliders I'll be completely lost, which would be a shame. 

The character customization will be a full UI. We’re still working on it but with what we’re using currently is based on mom/dad.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Bash said:

The character customization will be a full UI. We’re still working on it but with what we’re using currently is based on mom/dad.

May I suggest allowing dad/dad and mom/mom? It's not such a huge change on the dev side, but it allows a plethora of new customization options (and honestly, that whole mom/dad idea Rockstar had is probably the worst any dev ever had in the history of char customization anyway :p ).

24 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

May I suggest allowing dad/dad and mom/mom? It's not such a huge change on the dev side, but it allows a plethora of new customization options (and honestly, that whole mom/dad idea Rockstar had is probably the worst any dev ever had in the history of char customization anyway :p ).

It's not possible as there is only 1 dad and 1 mom value.

1 minute ago, Lionhearted said:

It's not possible as there is only 1 dad and 1 mom value.

It's not possible and yet it was possible on GTMP and it's currently possible on two different Rage servers. So, something tells me it's possible :p 

Edited by Topinambour
Just now, Lionhearted said:

I could be wrong!

The parent slots can fit either gender. Both slots could be male or both slots could be female, servers may say 'male' and 'female' but it's just a selection from 46 faces, you can pick whatever from this list:

JE3gAn6.jpg

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Topinambour said:

May I suggest allowing dad/dad and mom/mom? It's not such a huge change on the dev side, but it allows a plethora of new customization options.

While this is most likely possible, I’m not sure something like this would be implemented, and not out of any form of discrimination.

Mainly based on the reality of science, because it is physically impossible for people of the same gender to conceive a baby.

6 hours ago, Topinambour said:

(and honestly, that whole mom/dad idea Rockstar had is probably the worst any dev ever had in the history of char customization anyway :p ).

How so? 

I mean when it comes down to the way people look, genetics are the key, and for them to take realism into consideration during implentation of this feature is brilliant. Maybe they could have made it an option, but it isn’t certainly not a judgement in a developers quality. Developing can be a pretty difficult skill to learn, as well as a shaped art. lol ;)

Edited by Bash
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Bash said:

While this is most likely possible, I’m not sure something like this would be implemented, and not out of any form of discrimination.

Mainly based on the reality of science, because it is physically impossible for people of the same gender to conceive a baby.

How so? 

I mean when it comes down to the way people look, genetics are the key, and for them to take realism into consideration during implentation of this feature is brilliant. Maybe they could have made it an option, but it isn’t certainly not a judgement in a developers quality. Developing can be a pretty difficult skill to learn, as well as a shaped art. lol ;)

This was a feature we had in the GTMP version of gtaw and I know me and i'm sure a few others had our faces set to either 2 females to 2 males. It would be incredibly disappointing if we can't recreate our faces to how they were because of this.

• Upvote 1