New gamemode & converting from GTMP to Rage

50 minutes ago, Rheotic said:

It happened just yesterday I think, I hopped on RageMP with a couple of other folks from GTAW and the sync was really bad and everyone complained, not just me.

I dunno, they might have updated it. I'm not up to date with the versions.

EDIT: I don't really care about the sync, I was just saying that GTMP's performance and RageMP's performance together would've been heavenly. 

I guess it depends. GT-MP hit my FPS badly, and I was crashing constantly the point where I wouldn't go back on until the next day. As for Rage, I've tried plenty of servers and have yet to run into anything bad - BUT, I have noticed a few sync issues, but usually only when something "hectic" is happening; such as everyone (x5 - x20 people) shooting eachother at once, blowing eachother up like it's Judgement Day, etc.

I'm on the RageMP train mainly because the game feels as smooth as singleplayer - and yknow, the other thing but. :1f60e: Just hope it all works out in the end. 

Guest Ingram
1 hour ago, Rheotic said:

It happened just yesterday I think, I hopped on RageMP with a couple of other folks from GTAW and the sync was really bad and everyone complained, not just me.

I dunno, they might have updated it. I'm not up to date with the versions.

EDIT: I don't really care about the sync, I was just saying that GTMP's performance and RageMP's performance together would've been heavenly. 

:|

4 minutes ago, PaigeWalker said:

When it'll be done or that's when we'll have an ETA?  Blonde moment ?

Should be out by then :)

Someone's notes from the meeting: 

Spoiler

features may be subject to change, but he's about to list the features
server will be like an alpha/beta - may be annoying
banking: can interact with almost every single atm in game
full cef menu for the banking
24/7, clothes shop, barber, tattoo, electronic store, fishing shop, bar/pub, hardware store, disco/club, gas station, ammunation
transfer ai is so bad
users can't buy businesses yet but can be used
vehicle dealershop has a cef catalog
can purchase and test vehicles
new chat system, chat colour based on how far away from a person
unconfirmed if the old script can be converted yet
radios at electronic store
./me /do /ame all good
megaphone for legal faction vehicles
can donate blood
2-3 months to get everything
expecting 500 people when it's fully implemented and ad campaign done
when a player dies need 5 mins and can roleplay it
factions: lspd, lsfd, weazel news, ls transportation, ls gov't
job: fast food delivery, thief (, mechanic, garbage collector, fisherman, - will be feature showcase at a later date
property system: buy/rent properties, wardrobe where outfits are stored,
furniture system will not be in initially,
garages can be linked to a house dynamically 
can have multiple characters and switch between in lobby
phone: default numbers stored, contacts system, sms, working on a cef phone menu
city hall: buy id, medical insurance, taxi driver license, pay fines
inv system: same as before
vehicle system: mechanics can improve, repair, respray, will be cef in future; can give keys out
scrap yard: sell your car for money or get your stolen car
thieves can get into vehicle and can steal the car/its contents (will probs be a robbery system than an actual job when launched)
speedometer, gas system
more jobs to be added

DMV: theory AND Practical tests for CAR and MOTORCYCLE tests

Edited by Lionhearted
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Dess said:

this. 

also, are we going to see back our characters appearance in rage-mp? I mean we spent hours creating them so:)

The meeting had mentioned that for now, you won't, you'll have to recreate. But the data is stored so if that there is a way that they find to possibly transfer the character data, you will be able to restore.

50 minutes ago, Lionhearted said:

The meeting had mentioned that for now, you won't, you'll have to recreate. But the data is stored so if that there is a way that they find to possibly transfer the character data, you will be able to restore.

Is the character creator still the same layout as the old one? i.e values from -100 to +100.

All my character settings are saved to my PC as photos using that layout, however if it's some CEF editor without those numbers and just a bunch of sliders I'll be completely lost, which would be a shame.