Disable Looting Corpses for Non-Government Factions Outside

Wisci

9 hours ago, Triple Seven said:

Not the way to manage the issue imo. The server propagates a standard in which looting is simply not-done. I'd rather see players who do loot without it making sense (which admittedly it almost never does) punished for their lack of common sense and portrayal than remove an ability from players that actually do care for RP. If the standard is elevated, or if present, enforced, this wouldn't happen as much. A harsher administrative stance on this should be the first step.

This statement is entirely false. As someone who's responsible for handling many of the bodies, the grand majority of them are picked clean. The last shooting I was involved in on a character just in street clothes was in front of Strawberry 24/7. While I was standing there, I witnessed at least one person in a truck stop and type a loot attempt, two people on pedal bikes, and three people on foot literally just roam up and hit Y on the bodies.

Admins have limited time. They don't have time to babysit the large number of players that think this is okay. This isn't Garry's Mod.

7 hours ago, Kippah Head said:

Point B is that guns are a very profitable business. If you are involved in a shootout outside of the city in a far and isolated place or even indoors, you can grab the deceased person's gun and sell it later on or use it yourself since again -guns are hard to come by-.
realistically in poor neighborhoods people are hungry for food. They see a dead body on the ground and would loot them for everything and just leave the guns? That makes no sense.

People getting shot in the county is not the target of this issue. I genuinely don't believe 'I'm poor' is a good excuse to tamper with a crime scene, especially when said person is a minor who somehow owns a car worth 80 grand in real life. The issue is most shootings that happen within city limits, especially in high traffic areas.

6 hours ago, Kippah Head said:

At this point I think you're just typing for the fun of the argument. Why should guns be hard to come by? If your character's crazy enough to kill someone in a remote location why not take the opportunity to rob him as well? Maybe take his wallet which contains his ID, it can make the police harder to recognize him.

Let's say you're in a gang or a crime organization. You and your companion have a shootout with 10 people in a VERY remote location or a pretty discreet location and you know police won't show up there for no reason. Would you not take the opportunity to rob them? You've already achieved your mission by killing them, why not top it off by taking their shit too?

See above.

4 hours ago, redis said:

If you're gonna take the realistic route then handguns selling for 30k is extremely unrealistic as well, but what can we do? So maybe the solution to the current problem is fixing gun prices and people will stop the looting. Also don't get me wrong, I'm fully against public looting, it should be punishable and it's very poor roleplay.

Plus what pockets are you talking about? 95% of the time the gun would be on the ground since it was a shootout, both parties would have used guns. The gun would have fallen off the victim's hands. 

On topic; there's a whole ruleset regarding looting in public so if you see anyone doing it you should report. It's a rulebreak. So I don't think this is necessary, not supporting -1

The rule exists, it doesn't stop people from a large portion of the community breaking the rule. I do report it, regularly. If it was a once or twice a week thing, like other reports I might deal with, big deal. The problem is that almost every corpse I inspect that's not found shortly after death is completely looted. This isn't moaning about some minor detail. If I'm off for the day and sit down to just do paperwork and patrol, I might process two to three dozen bodies. Of those bodies? Maybe two to four have their items.

Also - the gun prices are not an excuse for people to loot. In real life you don't generate $500 an hour for breathing and existing. The server has the expectation with continuity that the value of a GTA dollar =/= the value of a real life dollar. That's why a burger is $30, or you pay $150 or more for a meal at a business. The price is adjusted according to that. Additionally - street price on firearms is a player decided value. The server has limited control over street price unless they flood or starve the market of firearms intentionally.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Wisci said:

This statement is entirely false. As someone who's responsible for handling many of the bodies, the grand majority of them are picked clean. The last shooting I was involved in on a character just in street clothes was in front of Strawberry 24/7. While I was standing there, I witnessed at least one person in a truck stop and type a loot attempt, two people on pedal bikes, and three people on foot literally just roam up and hit Y on the bodies.

Admins have limited time. They don't have time to babysit the large number of players that think this is okay. This isn't Garry's Mod.

You misunderstood me apart from enforcement. It almost never makes sense to loot and thus it SHOULD almost never be done, yet it is, and it's poor roleplay if it even qualifies for the term roleplay. Report every case and if the staff team needs to grow because the player base is very naughty, then that'll happen I assume.

1 hour ago, Triple Seven said:

You misunderstood me apart from enforcement. It almost never makes sense to loot and thus it SHOULD almost never be done, yet it is, and it's poor roleplay if it even qualifies for the term roleplay. Report every case and if the staff team needs to grow because the player base is very naughty, then that'll happen I assume.

Most shootings go unnoticed. In the few cases when there are witnesses, the might have no proof of the looting, might have not seen the looting, might be friends with the looters, might simply not care or not want to report them. A lot of stars have to line up for a report to appear and be valid.

Regardless, reporting them does not work. People have been getting reported for this ever since the rule became a thing. If it did, we wouldn't have this issue now, it would've been long gone due to the efficiency of reports. Except that it's more prevalent than ever. That's not even theoretical, we can literally see the result.

And if you do go ahead to spend all of your free time combing through random stuff to find looking and filing one report after another, over and over again, for stuff that doesn't even concern you, you'll just simply make an amazing image for yourself and end up here. And the issue will still be there. Sure, you can start bringing together hundreds of people to put in tens of thousands of words, colletively, and hundreds of hours to keep it under control, or simply make a small change that will do that in no time. People don't need to loot. The concept itself is extremely unrealistic. @Wisci put it extremely well.

5 hours ago, joshua said:

SUUUURELY if they gave out a permanent ban for this, they wouldn't accept their appeal after 2 weeks because they said they're sorry and won't do it again

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURELY

taMfsUW.jpg

it has never happened before

bismillah i do not know where you get these ideas from !

+1

what is and isnt a rulebreak doesnt matter at this point, server's playerbase has adopted the only-crime-if-caught mentality, and even then the punishments are laughable

sad that just the thought of using scripts to regulate roleplay like this is considered a good idea, but hey

sorta did it to urself on this one, chief, and no "my char poor" is gonna give you a cardeblanche, especially not if they're able-bodied young adults or teenagers capable of working a job

I can get down with this. I've seen it myself as an LEO player, people just cruising over to bodies and spamming Y when we are literally standing nearby. What I've never understood though, is that people prioritize looting over helping their injured friends or checking on the dead ones. 

I read through some comments, but then again, I don't find a reason behind this suggestion. You guys are repeating the same things over and over but there is no realism behind your suggestions/offers. I can give you a thousand situations where you need to loot a pistol or a bigger gun in a hurry or even for financial purposes.
One special example is if you and your friend (both illegal role players) are hiding behind a wall in the middle of a shootout and your friend gets shot til he's downed. Wouldn't you arm yourself with his weapon to at least try and save him and yourself? Limiting this role play will immediately limit this option and cause both players' deaths, which may result in two character kills and why? Because an LEO role player has seen a couple of assholes looting guns in public like absolute retards? Giving bigger punishments for poor role play and supplying more guns will solve the problem, but then people will just say there are too many guns on the server. People will always have something to say, so it doesn't really matter what we say here.