GTAW - Opening announcement !

Hello everyone!

That long expected day is almost upon us. The server will officially open in a few minutes !
The development team has been working really hard over the past few months to make sure that everything is prepared and ready when in time for the launch. The User Control Panel was released on 5th of October, which allows you submit an application to play on the server. This can be accessed from https://ucp.gta.world/ucp

I have been roleplaying for more than 10 years now and my goal was to create an environment with a very high roleplay standard. A place where I am able to enjoy playing and ensure those high standards are being met. I have witnessed numerous communities fail because they lowered their standards to attract more players and let their administration team bypass rules and abuse their powers. This is why I created GTAW, to offer players the opportunity to finally roleplay with the standards and quality they deserve, and without being the victims of abusive administrators that use their power for personal gain rather than in the community interest.

In order to create this community, we have been developing an advanced gamemode for more than half a year with unique features. Some of these features include a furniture system with more than 3000 objects, custom interiors, XM radio and many others that are actively being developed.
We encourage you to join us and give your feedback. Tell us what you like and don't like about our server! We're answering every suggestion and feedback thread because your opinion matters to us.

GTA World is all about one thing: roleplay. Come and take part in our virtual storybook, where you will find many aspects of both illegal and legal sides of the world. You can be a dirty detective, a stiff faced gangster or a quick thinking mobster. The possibilities are endless. We want character development to be an integral part of GTA:W in order to achieve the standards we expect, but we understand that we also must give you tools to help you along the way. We have in-depth character customization features, a furniture system to allow you to build and design properties the way you want, a flexible faction system, a wealth of vehicle customization options, and much more. Come make your mark on Los Santos and develop your characters new life in our virtual storybook.

We know players love the ability to customize so GTA World is the first server to develop a furniture system. The furniture system allows players to fully furnish their house, business, warehouse, garage and even the streets of Los Santos! Our furniture system consists of more than 3000 editable objects that you are able to use.

As for character customization, we developed a system which allows you to fully customize your character's face, hairstyle and clothes. However, if you are not interested in customizing your character, don't be sad. We have more than 700 PED skins available from which you can choose.

We know from past experience that server economy can often limit roleplay opportunities. GTA World has a brand new realistic economy system that aims to put an end to people spending hours upon hours grinding a scripted job just so you are able to buy yourself a vehicle or a house. We've made it so that you will receive a basic income until you reach $150,000 in assets. This system allows you to focus on what really matters, roleplay and character development.
We have developed a tax system which taxes 0.0035% (if you're lucky enough to become a millionaire, this is increased to 0.005%) of the total value of your assets. This is something that was not possible in the past, and now has been integrated to make the in-game economy balanced. A problem that has plagued the economy on other server's are people that had millions upon millions of dollars. This inevitably lead to prices skyrocketing, making many items inaccessible to new players. You can find more information about our economy system https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/125-realism-and-the-economy/

The last few words will be given to the Head of staff, Dominykas:
"I would like to take a moment to thank every developer, tester, admin and community member who contributed to the server's success. As I'm sure all of you are already aware, we're now entering one of the most critical stages. The launch allow you to see exactly what we are all about. While I am sure that all of you are excited to play on the server, I am also sure some of you are equally as concerned about how this server will turn out.

While I cannot promise you that every single player will enjoy our server, I can promise you an active development team, an experienced staff team and above all else - a heavy roleplay server which will be focussed on consistent development and realism. As a final note, I would like to remind you that we are all here for a fresh start. None of you will be judged or held back because of your positions or actions in previous servers. I look forward to seeing you all on the server!"

We would like to thank everyone for your efforts thus far, whether you helped us test in-game features, helped setup one of the factions or even just mentioned us to your friends. This tremendously sped up the process of the opening and wouldn't have been possible without you. We hope that you will enjoy roleplaying with us and look forward to seeing you on our server !
See you on the inside!

We also took the opportunity to open our early donations to support the RUN cost and the team, while our donation system will only open the 01/11/2017 since the release was our full priority, you'll still get WorldPoints and an early donator badge ! Namechanges will be completely free upon request until the 01/11.

Kind regards,
The GTA World Staff Team

Edited by Nervous
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Canadian unfeatured and unpinned this topic