The Off-road Motorcycle issue

Shaushe

NOTE: This discussion does not pertain to any OFFROAD MOTORCYCLES, this only applies to motorcycles that probably wouldn't be able to actually do the various things discussed in the thread. I am also noting that I don't care much about DIRT ROADS, but I care about OFF-ROAD TERRAIN driving. The two individuals might know who they are, but I'm not going to name them. It's up to them if they want to speak up.

Let this GIF explain my frustrations.

https://i.gyazo.com/f6691bdd2f0e7a2b71aedba43762286f.mp4 

I didn't even bother to go up the hill after them because I believed the hill to be too steep to climb in an offroad capacity.

Now that was a street bike. It went flat up a hill that may seem "realistic" but in reality, it does not feel like it is. The tires on a bike like that will probably not provide ANY type of grip to actually make a climb such as that, with that speed. Now this is an occurring issue that LEO's see every single day and it appears to be growing. People are literally getting motorcycles to go offroad with and evade the police, regardless of their design. 

I honestly don't know what to say, do you guys feel this is an issue?

I know that most administrators will either jail or ask for a re-do if they do something like this, but how can we as a community begin to "not" promote this activity? Because I feel it is growing and growing as people start to realize that it is the best way to evade cops due to us not having an AIR unit or MOTORCYCLE unit available 24/7.

Also to note, it seems as if it is a heavily growing activity with people that wish to rob 24/7's.

Edited by Shaushe

I don't know how to feel about it. Seems like non RP and quite annoying way to end the chase, but I don't want every chase to end with the suspect in jail, since Police cars are much faster, climbing is the only way to do it I guess. Overall vehicles are weird. For some reason police cars are much quicker.My SUV can go 95 on a highway and can barely go 50 on a dirtroad. Any type of bike can climb any mountain like this?

Edited by Lance

If it is not a dirtbike, you simply should not be able to go offroad. Wheel slippage would happen 100% if you go above, say, thirty miles an hour. Even dirt roads are iffy on street bikes.

Shouldn't be allowed.

• Upvote 2
On 5/7/2018 at 7:50 AM, Portz said:

People rob gas stations, stores, more often than you think. Especially in poorer neighborhoods. The reason you don't hear about it, is because it is too common to warrant news.

Basically this.

In regards to people using super bikes to ride up steep hills? I agree, the traction isn't great dependent on your tires, bike type and size, and most simply would not be able to handle such a chore. The gif you provided demonstrates the issue that is faced, and honestly? It's going to be a case of record and report for now. There are so many variables when it comes to motorcycles, it'd be difficult for administration to put in a general rule.

BMX and other bicycles go up hills that are almost 90 degrees steep, most motorcycles handle seem to easily handle the steep hills as well as if the hill isn't there. Good luck following them on foot or with cars/suvs.

The sorts of behavior you see from people with regards to this sort of thing are just a symptom of a broader issue - that is, how police-criminal interaction is handled in general. It may not be realistic behavior, but we could take the idea of realism to its logical extreme - in real life, there is only one officer per 227 citizens, on average. In real life, the clearance rate for robberies and burglaries sits at about 10-12% - that is, the perpetrators are caught about 10-12% of the time. Is that reflected in the rate of capture of individuals who, say, rob a 24/7?

Of course not. I'd wager that the clearance rate for robberies on the server is more like 75-90%.

However, this doesn't mean that police should let criminals go to adhere to some arbitrary sense of realism. We shouldn't force one officer to police 227 players due to those numbers, either - because both of these would be decidedly unfun. The answer is not to tell players "okay, you can't take a street bike offroading ever" but rather to provide positive incentives for them not to do this.

I've stated before that being jailed is just as much an OOC punishment as an IC one, and if we could remove that first aspect, I'm positive we'd see behavior like this start to phase itself out. Make being jailed an enjoyable (or at least, not a terrible) experience OOCly - I'm of the opinion that communal jails could be a good step towards solving this.

• Upvote 1

Agree with above post, all of my encounters with police there was absolutely zero chance of me not being fucked by them unless i either killed them or broke the server rules, i was just handed a citation or thrown in jail.

As somebody who is currently not playing mostly because its bike season I wanna drop my two cents here. There's no way in hell any sport bike would be able to rip through dirt roads, dirty roads, through grass or anything at more than half-throttle without losing traction and surely crashing.

On the other hand.

If you want to talk realism, a liter bike (1000cc) is at least twice as fast as any cop car on the road, my bike has a top speed of 320kph, and can get to 300kph in 20 seconds flat, there is not a single police vehicle where I am that could catch me if I wanted to disappear save the helicopter, I could literally toy with any cop trying to catch me in their car under moderate road conditionsGetting away is simply a matter of twisting your wrist and hoping for a bit of good luck (no chopper, they don't get a thorough description and a plate, even then if they come to your house they have no way to prove it was you on the bike and you will end up winning in court 90% of the time and paying a large fine with no charges laid). Also they have a no persuit policy past 180kph so its fairly easy unless you get the shirt bird on you. 

and man was I dissappointed when the apex predator street bike in GTA was still not as fast as any of the patrol cars here..... 

Edited by Hastur