Revive the online business map

mj2002

https://map.gta.world/biz.php

Q36OLfX.png

CWUq2TA.png

in the last few months, the original online business map has stopped working. You can see the link above, it leads to a non functional page. In the webshop, the purchase is still available. Before this, you could purchase a blip that would sit on this map for however long you had WP to spend on it. However, this map was barely ever viewed or used by players. There were only a handful of businesses listed, which made it useless and nobody looked at it, which in turn made it useless to spend WP on.

My proposal is to overhaul this page and make it useful again. Business need a way to promote themselves and players have long asked for means to promote their businesses without having to use WP. With an out of game map, I believe this can be achieved.

• Allow any business property owner and/or business script owner (not employees) to place a blip on map.gta.world/biz.php 
  • This blip, when selected, has the name of the property as well as a schedule of opening times configurable by the owner
  • The opening times schedule can be edited at any time by the owner, but the blip cannot be deleted other than by administrators
  • Allow a very wide selection of blips to be chosen, though perhaps not all available to RageMP
  • 7 days after the blip was first placed it disappears and the owner can set the blip once more, ensuring only active businesses are shown

With these parameters, it presents a new place for players to show their active times, location, and name of the business. Other players can look at this, though it is not as accessible or prominent as in game blips or advertisements. See it as how Google Maps shows information on businesses.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 4

It would be good if it was accessible via the phone or we had a working IC browser, or just went straight to the map.. I don't like any of the out of game stuff we have, like forum courts, gov web, fire web, this web, that web... it doesn't feel like it's in the universe.

But yeah better than now where a blip for WP is pretty much mandatory, which is a shame.

+1