Nevermind

Mahitto

I think this is a bit drastic. 

NPC'ing certain things for better storytelling is just part of text RP. Also most people on the server want to RP a 20-30 year old so its rare you will find someone willing to RP a parent to a teenager. There will just be countless homeless minors causing havoc which is more immersion breaking to me.

No thanks. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

NPC'ing certain things for better storytelling is just part of text RP. Also most people on the server want to RP a 20-30 year old so its rare you will find someone willing to RP a parent to a teenager. There will just be countless homeless minors causing havoc which is more immersion breaking to me.

No thanks. 

I don't necessarily mind NPC'ing for story purposes, but many times the NPC parents are used for the specific purpose of getting out of trouble. They get pulled over in a car that's scriptwise under their name, but say its their parents car because they are a minor (parents which don't exist, so no one ends up getting in trouble). That I don't agree with whatsoever and it is currently allowed.

Edited by 99
Just now, 99 said:

I don't necessarily mind NPC'ing for story purposes, but many times the NPC parents are used for the specific purpose of getting out of trouble. They get pulled over in a car that's scriptwise under their name, but say its their parents car because they are a minor (parents which don't exist, so no one ends up getting in trouble). That I don't agree with whatsoever.

I get that, but would anything change if the parents did exist? Sure there would be the RP of taking them home and perhaps getting into trouble with their parents but thats it really and I doubt thats going to stop the minor from doing it again. That idea also relies on the person RPing the parent as someone who cares about their child breaking the law. Some parents dont care. 

7 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

I get that, but would anything change if the parents did exist? Sure there would be the RP of taking them home and perhaps getting into trouble with their parents but thats it really and I doubt thats going to stop the minor from doing it again. That idea also relies on the person RPing the parent as someone who cares about their child breaking the law. Some parents dont care. 

Regardless of whether or not anything would change RP wise, it's still used mainly as an excuse to power game out of getting in trouble because there is no one to talk to or punish. That is completely wrong and shouldn't be allowed. If the minor is pulled over with drugs or weapons in the car? What about speeding over 30 mph, which makes the car liable to be impounded? Parents could be liable for losing the car, which won't happen when the parents don't actually exist. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't agree that should be allowed as an excuse. Try using that excuse playing a 25-30 year old character who still lives at home with their parents, which is quite common in the US. Roleplay a car that's scriptwise in your name, but say its your parent's car. It wouldn't fly, I can guarantee it. It's a double standard just because they are a minor. I don't agree with that.

Edited by 99
1 minute ago, 99 said:

Regardless of whether or not anything would change RP wise, it's still used mainly as an excuse to power game out of getting in trouble because there is no one to talk to or punish. That is completely wrong and shouldn't be allowed. If the minor is pulled over with drugs or weapons in the car? What about speeding over 30 mph, which makes the car liable to be impounded? Parents could be liable for losing the car, which won't happen when the parents don't actually exist. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't agree that should be allowed as an excuse. Try using that excuse playing a 25-30 year old character who still lives at home with their parents, which is quite common in the US. Roleplaying a car that's scriptwise in their name, but say its your parent's car. It wouldn't fly, I can guarantee it.

Saying you’re 16 doesn’t magically absolve you from any responsibility though? 

1 minute ago, 99 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't agree that should be allowed as an excuse. Try using that excuse playing a 25-30 year old character who still lives at home with their parents, which is quite common in the US. Roleplaying a car that's scriptwise in their name, but say its your parent's car. It wouldn't fly, I can guarantee it.

I can guarantee that the car would still be impounded and anyone RPing a minor to the server standards would NPC what happens from that point onwards accordingly. This isn't an asset problem and more so a roleplay quality problem and once again the people who use NPC'ing as a story tool to enhance immersion will be effected more by this rule than the ones who RP minors to get away with everything. Have you ever roleplayed a minor, or roleplayed in the jail? 90% of the people in TTCF have the (M) marker on their name so clearly they are getting into trouble. 

59 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

No thanks. 

Then we should have script support to put that vehicle/property in the name of someone else. It's already no okay for normal characters, it shouldn't be for minors either - you, for example, can't role-play having 10 sports cars that actually belong to your long-lost millionaire uncle and live in a villa that belong to your tech mogul father. Because as the 'if it's on you, it's on you' rule goes, we should have the same for 'if it's yours, then it's yours'.

If someone wants to RP a property or vehicle as being their parents', they should find someone willing to role-play as their parents. Or if we're allowing NPCs, we should properly address that - no more robberies in the middle of the street, during the day, in otherwise-populated cities, for example.

54 minutes ago, kilowatt said:

Realistically speaking, minors depend on their parents. If a realistic under-18 character had realistic parents, them being caught straight-up murdering someone or ganging up on people to rob them, or even just speeding and causing accidents, could get their access to the vehicle taken away from them, or get them grounded etc. Besides the fact that 16-year-olds need an adult with them in the car and lots of parents simply wouldn't allow their underage kids to do something like that. Sure, some parents are careless or absent but on GTA World, all parents are absent, drug addicts, imprisoned or something that conveniently allows the kids to do whatever they want, whenever they want and still have full magical access to all of their assets.

46 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Saying you’re 16 doesn’t magically absolve you from any responsibility though? 

It is allowing you to have unjustified assets and pin them on belonging to an inexistent character. As per my previous example, you wouldn't and shouldn't role-play having 10 sports cars and a mansion in your name but actually role-play them as being owned by some inexistent long-lost billionaire tech mogul uncle. If something is yours script-wise, then it should be your characters'.