Revert the recent changes to the LEO evidence locker

Just a couple of things with this specifically, purely from my opinion:

• LEO's shouldn't be charging someone for murder just because your pistol has some bodies on it. But they could open an investigation and start questioning you on it, giving some risk and cons about carrying a pistol around that you've used to kill multiple people with. OOCly just sticking the charges on someone is poor RP and wouldn't fly, and ICly the courts would never allow that to hold up in court. 
  • Hopefully this would discourage people from picking up guns on the street when it means they can be pegged as the suspect in homicides. As it stands, there's zero risk given to stealing guns from gangbangers laid out in an alleyway or buying them from untrustworthy sources as opposed to a a dealer who can guarantee a "clean" gun. 

Edit: Essentially the only way you'll catch a charge is if your character is found with a gun used in a murder being actively investigated by the LSPD or LSSD which is quite rare. 

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Just a couple of things with this specifically, purely from my opinion:

• LEO's shouldn't be charging someone for murder just because your pistol has some bodies on it. But they could open an investigation and start questioning you on it, giving some risk and cons about carrying a pistol around that you've used to kill multiple people with. OOCly just sticking the charges on someone is poor RP and wouldn't fly, and ICly the courts would never allow that to hold up in court. 
  • Hopefully this would discourage people from picking up guns on the street when it means they can be pegged as the suspect in homicides. As it stands, there's zero risk given to stealing guns from gangbangers laid out in an alleyway or buying them from untrustworthy sources as opposed to a a dealer who can guarantee a "clean" gun. 

Edit: Essentially the only way you'll catch a charge is if your character is found with a gun used in a murder being actively investigated by the LSPD or LSSD which is quite rare. 

But, they could submit every gun they find to the locker room and choose who to investigate after they already know who to bother pursuing, right?

Edited by Gallagher
1 minute ago, Gallagher said:

But, they could submit every gun they find to the locker room and choose who to investigate after they already know who to bother pursuing, right?

Hypothetically you could be investigated, but that's not nearly enough to lay charges. 

Just now, Jonesy said:

Hypothetically you could be investigated, but that's not nearly enough to lay charges. 

yep ofc. but this will still provide them with a list of cases to bother investigating at the click of a button. That’s why I referred to it as a slot machine. 

I already do more than enough bureaucratic paperwork. All this does is saves us 5 minutes of wasted time travelling to the HOJ or whatever in order to type /casing testweapon. Those who have an understanding of how the casing and judicial systems work will absolutely understand that this is pretty much just a QOL improvement.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

yep ofc. but this will still provide them with a list of cases to bother investigating at the click of a button. That’s why I referred to it as a slot machine. 

Which is a fair concern, I do see where you're coming from. Mind you the vast majority of patrol officers / deputies (consisting of 99% of PD/SD) won't initiate an investigation and knowing how it works, the only time it'll be followed up on more than maybe some simple questioning while you're in TTCF is if an already active case or if they're looking for a specific murderer already. It really wouldn't be enough to initiate a whole new investigation or get any sort of warrant. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

e. no forensic roleplay takes place and what happens here is the entire ballistic forensics are either assumed or npc'd

This is not how it works. LSSD has a channel to request forensic roleplay to be done by LSPD forensics before OOC results are used in arrest reports/cases. This is already the case for DNA, fingerprints and other cases that would require forensic RP.

• Upvote 2