police response numbers

ZaE

The response amount actually causes MORE mass murder than it stops. Reverting every unit away from an area to chase a single car gives people the time they need to mow down a group. I've personally done this in the past. By the time the units are at that scene, the shooter is long gone and it's back to the same "hurry up and wait" that always happens at these scenes. It's an endless cycle because of this. Speeding drivers and drifting ricers  don't need the 9 car chase that they're expecting to get into. Unfortunately, there's no real stop to any of it.

Even if the murder rate plummets, response numbers will be significantly higher due to the lack of things for an on-duty LEO to do.

13 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

The response amount actually causes MORE mass murder than it stops.

Sounds like no matter what LEOs do the crime rate will still be sky high. At that point IFM needs to intervene and curb the ridiculous amount of crime.

I've personally done this in the past.

If all it takes for you to start murdering is 5 minutes of unsupervised time then the problem isn't the LEOs.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, meltcity said:

Public consensus and a good relationship with the community is important to policing.

No no central Europe. What I meant is, that cops approach suspects or traffic violators, least here...depending on severity of their crime or violation. Which means they will be friendly if they pulled you over broken tail light. But they will be more strict and bark orders if they suspect you of possession of drugs or something like that.

Edited by Wuhtah
Took out unneeded comment from quote.
4 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

Ah yes, AFKing on a scene waiting for FD/DMEC, picking up 50 casings and running through a building to turn them in, knowing it'll never lead anywhere. How EXCITING. You really think anyone would look forward to spending 1 hour of their life doing that + paperwork after 8 hours on the job?

Be realistic.

I RP primarily in Little Seoul and whenever there's a body (pretty much several times daily at least these days) we all linger for the scene like real bystanders would, and try to comment on what's going on, and provide some sort of communal RP to bounce off of. We spend that hour with LEOs on scene and the two reactions I find are:

1) LEOs that engage with us and chat a bit, and who seem to genuinely understand what we're doing there with them and actually enjoy it and ask around to try and shed some light on what happened.

2) LEOs that go out of their way to repeatedly point out how much they "hate this neighborhood" and become abrasive and obnoxious to public that's just standing at a reasonable distance looking at their work while offering chances to RP, and then pretty much just stand aside silently regardless of having communicative people around who aren't being intrusive or heckling or anything but rather just nosy.

If LEOs don't come to a body call then that just translates in my character having to accept that he lives in a slum and that corpses are just ignored on the side of the road. As it is civilians in my area already try their best to keep our LEOs company while they work boring jobs.

25 minutes ago, Koko said:

We spend that hour with LEOs on scene

That sounds nice. My experience has been being alone and waiting for FD/DMEC. Pass.

Also we have 100 bodies a day so it's stupid at that point.

If LEOs don't come to a body call then that just translates in my character having to accept that he lives in a slum

That's fine. It's the San Andreas Government's fault that crime is so rife. They should call the National Guard and have them camp Davis 24/7. They should give citizens the right to bear arms. Make sure to vote.

8 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

Ah yes, AFKing on a scene waiting for FD/DMEC, picking up 50 casings and running through a building to turn them in, knowing it'll never lead anywhere. How EXCITING. You really think anyone would look forward to spending 1 hour of their life doing that + paperwork after 8 hours on the job?

Be realistic.

If you think you're forced to AFK while it takes DMEC the five minutes it takes to get onto a scene, please watch a Bajo stream. He consistently shows excellent passive ways of spending time during a scene and making it more immersive for everyone involved.

I don't agree with anything said here. DMEC literally cannot operate if PD are not willing to see through scenes. For the sake of not derailing the topic I'm just going to leave it here. There's plenty more to discuss other than PD-DMEC-FD relations.

3 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

That's fine. It's the San Andreas Government's fault that crime is so rife. They should call the National Guard and have them camp Davis 24/7. They should give citizens the right to bear arms. Make sure to vote.

???

Edited by Sycamour
8 hours ago, Sycamour said:

If you think you're forced to AFK while it takes DMEC the five minutes it takes to get onto a scene, please watch a Bajo stream. He consistently shows excellent passive ways of spending time during a scene and making it more immersive for everyone involved.

I don't agree with anything said here. DMEC literally cannot operate if PD are not willing to see through scenes. For the sake of not derailing the topic I'm just going to leave it here. There's plenty more to discuss other than PD-DMEC-FD relations.

I don't know who Banjo is and I'm not going to do that, but he sounds like someone who makes money out of streaming whereas most of us have to work a dayjob and when we come back home we want to use our free time in a better way than wait on a scene alone and write stupid paperwork for a John Doe that will never go anywhere. If you're overwhelmed call for NPCing. No one should be forced to wait for you. The situation will NOT change, because people will continue to duck those calls. It's not our responsibility to change the broken system. We're here to have fun. Waiting endlessly on scenes and RPing at a corpse ( note the usage of 'at', not 'with' ) is not fun.

Edited by averycoolguy
4 hours ago, averycoolguy said:

I don't know who Banjo is and I'm not going to do that, but he sounds like someone who makes money out of streaming whereas most of us have to work a dayjob and when we come back home we want to use our free time in a better way than wait on a scene alone and write stupid paperwork for a John Doe that will never go anywhere. If you're overwhelmed call for NPCing. No one should be forced to wait for you. The situation will NOT change, because people will continue to duck those calls. It's not our responsibility to change the broken system. We're here to have fun. Waiting endlessly on scenes and RPing at a corpse ( note the usage of 'at', not 'with' ) is not fun.

It's your responsibility entirely to RP an LEO, if you are an LEO. That involves offering scene security to your fellow departments. You may benefit nothing from it, but in the end it isn't all about you. It's the people who will have to RP bodies left alone in the street, it's the DMEC and FD now unable to attend a call because you don't care. It's immersion consistently broken because I don't know how to take a dead body being in the street and no one turning up for it. I'm supposed to keep immersed when having to walk away and pretend I didn't just come across a dead guy?

I agree with you, we're here to have fun. Sometimes that means passing the torch to others for a moment, take a break from shooting someone or chasing someone, and do you due diligence to other communities within world who don't want their immersion broken by ignorant police officers disregarding their duties. That's entirely what this thread is about. Diversify your duties to accommodate for the rest of the server, not just the ones you can shoot or chase.

Edited by Sycamour
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Sycamour said:

It's your responsibility entirely to RP an LEO, if you are an LEO. That involves offering scene security to your fellow departments. You may benefit nothing from it, but in the end it isn't all about you. It's the people who will have to RP bodies left alone in the street, it's the DMEC and FD now unable to attend a call because you don't care. It's immersion consistently broken because I don't know how to take a dead body being in the street and no one turning up for it. I'm supposed to keep immersed when having to walk away and pretend I didn't just come across a dead guy?

I agree with you, we're here to have fun. Sometimes that means passing the torch to others for a moment, take a break from shooting someone or chasing someone, and do you due diligence to other communities within world who don't want their immersion broken by ignorant police officers disregarding their duties. That's entirely what this thread is about. Diversify your duties to accommodate for the rest of the server, not just the ones you can shoot or chase.

You're strawmanning extremely hard, I'm guessing it's because you realise your argument is poor. At no point did I say I don't enjoy passive RP and that we're here to shoot people. If that's your argument, you've already lost, because you're putting words in my mouth.

I said it's unreasonable to waste time on scenes that lead nowhere ( RPing with a corpse = RPing with yourself ) and to wait for factions that are clearly undermanned. I've seen scenes that took 30 mins for DMEC to arrive. Yeah, no. It's not my duty to sacrifice my free time because your faction isn't active.

2 hours ago, Sycamour said:

It's immersion consistently broken because I don't know how to take a dead body being in the street and no one turning up for it

Then ask the IFM the crack down on all the crime so there's fewer bodies. Complaining on the forums isn't going to make LEO players take those pointless calls that lead nowhere.

Edited by averycoolguy
On 10/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, averycoolguy said:

Be realistic.

Well you are playing on a hardcore roleplay server. If you are here to play cops and robbers then I'd suggest you to move on elsewhere. Or perhaps, consider roleplaying something else. You are not supposed to AFK on a  scene till the FD/DMEC come, you are supposed to create roleplay for yourself out of that existing scene. Take statements from witnesses for example, be creative. I'm sure you can come up with some interesting roleplay to keep you occupied for 5 minutes till FD/DMEC arrive.

• Wuhtah locked this topic