A possible Alcohol Licencing Implementation / Faction

KaythPlus

With how insanely popular and frequent clubs are and more importantly, how incredibly frequent mismanaged and lazy some of them are as a form to simply grab cash. I think an actual Alcohol Licence and Bureau to supervise it would go a long way in creating a plethora of roleplay and responsibility to clubs. It's insanely frequent that clubs neglect not only extremely obvious things such as asking for ID — but you've a wide range of other issues that any realistic club would've lost a Alcohol Licence immediately.

I'm not privy to making faction requests, thus why it's a discussion and not one. I'm genuinely curious to know what people think of such a faction and if its implementation would make any sense for the server, I personally believe with how Clubs are by far the most common business, this would actually put a body in place to regulate a major part of them.

Such a faction could do the following, though not be limited to;

• Putting in place regulations for anyone holding an Alcohol Licence
  • Enforcing that all establishments serving Alcohol have such a licence
  • Enforcing through use of 'secret-shoppers' or ID checks that businesses are not frequently and negligently forgetting to ask for ID
  • Enforcing other regulations, such as the abundance of clubs that serve alcohol in glass containers whilst having a pool as their main center-piece
  • Revoking Alcohol Licences and pursuing other actions against clubs
  • Reports can be made against a business sparking an investigation / examination

Genuinely curious what the majority think of such a possibility. Is it just going to overstep into realism? It's my belief it would help weed out poorly managed clubs whom only goal is to open up with little to no management or effort.

Such a faction would be akin to State Fire Marshals, but without the LEO status. As they'd simply give out fines and then pursue those in court or whatnot.

Edited by KaythPlus
6 minutes ago, Florida said:

This would just create useless sub-forum posts and forced interactions.

You could essentially say this about anything, the SFM faction are built around enforcing Fire Regulations and can use their LEO power to shut down a business. Comparatively such a licencing body as this suggested is less intrusive. Although I see some point in what you say, forced interactions is a broad critism that can be applied to literally any faction in either LFM or IFM, so makes no sense in this regard.

44 minutes ago, KaythPlus said:

You could essentially say this about anything, the SFM faction are built around enforcing Fire Regulations and can use their LEO power to shut down a business. Comparatively such a licencing body as this suggested is less intrusive. Although I see some point in what you say, forced interactions is a broad critism that can be applied to literally any faction in either LFM or IFM, so makes no sense in this regard.

I agree, and I feel the same way about examples you used.

• Wuhtah locked this topic