Has Los Santos turned into the city of crime?

Farmer

4 minutes ago, Brett Love said:

Yes I have and its chaos. As are most American cities that are that big. We do a pretty good job with a ratio of gangs and organizations. Drive-bys may occur once or twice a day which is pretty realistic. As an American I can confidently say that its realistic and I think a lot europeans fail to understand that.

Who is that 'we' that you are talking about? What makes you think that Europeans fail to understand it?

21 minutes ago, Brett Love said:

Civil rights and personal rights are emulating real life... im confused by this

Because if this crime rate happened in real life you'd have no civil or personal rights. It would be martial law.

You'd almost be safer on Normandy Beach during WW2 than you are in our Los Santos and that's ridiculous.

People want LA inspired Police Departments and rights when realistically you'd get Night City/40K Warhammer in a city this dangerous.

Edited by devilsadvocate
7 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Because if this crime rate happened in real life you'd have no civil or personal rights. It would be martial law.

You'd almost be safer on Normandy Beach during WW2 than you are in our Los Santos and that's ridiculous.

Your blowing the issue way out proportion. It's really not that bad.

11 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

There's room for improvement though.

Of course, but we're getting nowhere by acting like the sky is falling. All these threads serve to do is to act as a toxic echo chamber where the same 20 or so people who I'll be frank, take the game way to seriously monologue about how horrible their experiences have been and how the server is in crisis mode. All the while there are hundreds of players like myself who admit there is an issue but rarely experience it first hand in game. 

1 minute ago, devilsadvocate said:

Los Angeles has a population of millions and only 2 officers died on duty in 1 year. In Los Santos we have a population of 1000 and we have dozens of LEOs killed every year. It IS that bad.

So what? This is a video game. Does it suck to lose a bunch of development? Sure, but that's the risk you take when you RP a LEO. End of the day you can still reroll a new character and start a new story literally the same day you die. Again, it sucks and I get that but at the end of the day this is a video game and I also know for a fact that LEO's who get CKed get streamlined back into the faction. People really need to stop comparing this and the crime rate statistic to real life like it's some sort of shocking evidence of the server dying. 

I am all for realism and I'm all for raising the quality of RP. I 100% admit that there are a fair number of people who commit crime while putting in the lowest quality effort and that these players need to be punished and removed from the community. But there's no sense in getting this upset about an overblown issue. My advice? Next time you see some crime or shit that you think wouldn't happen IRL? Take a moment to lean back from your screen and remember, this is a video game. I promise you you'll realize it's not that big of a deal.

12 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

I don't consider PK's as actual deaths. CK's only, the death-rate isn't as bad that way and it's more realistic.

That's not how the rules classify PKs though. If a PK was considered going to the hospital or something, yeah, sure... but a PK is someone dying. It's little more than an overglorified body-jump to a reality where someone else died instead of the character.

So yeah, those deaths count too.

25 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

So what? This is a video game.

This isn't a good argument  ( or an argument at all ) when the server and factions represent themselves as realistic.

Crash into a wall? So what this is a video game

Guy puts a gun to your head? Pull yours out, this is a video game

Jump off the bridge while chased by cops? So what, this is a video game, I'm still alive script wise

Yeah no.

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

This isn't a good argument  ( or an argument at all ) when the server and factions represent themselves as realistic.

Crash into a wall? So what this is a video game

Guy puts a gun to your head? Pull yours out, this is a video game

Jump off the bridge while chased by cops? So what, this is a video game, I'm still alive script wise

Yeah no.

Sounds like you're going to be learning about the fun/realism loop very soon.

"We shouldn't restrict the rampant, unrealistic crime because it wouldn't be fun. Sure, it isn't fun for the victims, but that's realistic. Gotta' prioritize realism, but we can't restrict the rampant, unrealistic crime because it wouldn't be fun. Sure, it isn't fun for the victims, but..."

Someone will be along shortly to tell you in any number of ways about how it's exclusively YOUR fault that you're the victim.